News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The hard liquor thread

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 24, 2016, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I recently (read: several months ago) switched from scotch to vodka as my drink of choice. I don't care for the taste of alcohol and so often mix whatever I'm drinking with cranberry juice in order to mask it; vodka seems to be much better for this than scotch was.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on September 20, 2016, 07:35:03 PM
Peat and re-peat
I got  a bottle of Bruichladdich, listed at $165 here in Missouri, from a friend in Scotland. I wasn't really impressed. I'm more a fan of Speyside. I did find a bottle of The Balvenie to be very tasty.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 20, 2016, 07:45:54 PM
I recently (read: several months ago) switched from scotch to vodka as my drink of choice. I don't care for the taste of alcohol and so often mix whatever I'm drinking with cranberry juice in order to mask it; vodka seems to be much better for this than scotch was.
I love a quart of bloody mary's and a bowl of popcorn.

Do you what you call a blood mary with no vodka in it?

[spoiler]A bloody shame. [/spoiler]
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

BTW, if you don't want a pig-in-a-poke, see if they have samples for sale.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/samples/whisky-samples/scotch/
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

I love whiskey and vodka.

Does Absolute Citron count as hard liquor?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 21, 2016, 02:05:31 PM

No, but Absolut Citron does. ;)
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 21, 2016, 02:09:08 PM
No, but Absolut Citron does. ;)

:lol: I don't know what kind of a slip was that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 21, 2016, 02:27:59 PM
:lol: I don't know what kind of a slip was that.
An absolutely awful one, old bean.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 21, 2016, 02:05:31 PM

That is a flavored vodka?  E Europeans and N Europeans like flavored vodka.  Hence also Dutch and British gin.  Americans typically use vodka for cocktails, so having any non-neutral taste is pointless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Set up a batch of limoncello.  It's in the first stage of soaking, Meyer lemon rind sitting in a bottle of Everclear.  In a couple weeks I will add the simple syrup to cut it to about 75 proof, and let it sit until just about Turkey Destruction Day... er, Thanksgiving.  At which point it should be not only perfect, but epic.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

Not much into the hard stuff. Come home, half a bottle of wine while I make dinner for 6 bitches….watch some boob till a half hour for bed, pop a couple cold ones to kill the vino mouth…..yeah I drink a little, but I stay at the home and am pretty much harmless.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Draconic Aiur

so im drinking everclear shots

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 22, 2016, 09:19:35 PM
so im drinking everclear shots
That was eleven hours ago. Draconic should be waking up any day now.
PZ Myers