News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OWFAblCmy4

Drum n' Bass is very hit and miss for me, but the novelty of this one is pretty good.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

8x4

Me during the first half:  well, this is boring

Me during the second half:  *uncontrollable screaming*

_Xenu_

Now that Cersie is back, feels like a return to form. This is not going to end well.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

drunkenshoe

Really? OK, I am getting to it.

E: Oh well...yeah.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

I've gotta say, shippers DEFINITELY didn't enjoy that episode.

I'm still holding out hope for a couple of couples, though.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2019, 12:01:12 PM
I've gotta say, shippers DEFINITELY didn't enjoy that episode.

Whenever I watch pirate movies, I want to be extra in a scene like that. Probably, nothing realistic, but looks so much fun.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 06, 2019, 12:33:21 PM
Whenever I watch pirate movies, I want to be extra in a scene like that. Probably, nothing realistic, but looks so much fun.
I would've given my left kidney to be a Team Stannis extra.

Pirate movies are good too, but it would probably be really disappointing to not really be at sea.  But ones actually filmed at sea would be a blast.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2019, 12:37:21 PM
Pirate movies are good too, but it would probably be really disappointing to not really be at sea.  But ones actually filmed at sea would be a blast.

Yeah probably, lol. We'd get soaked in any case though. What do you call that in English I couldn't find it, when pirates/sailors fly into the ships with ropes!

Also being a zombie extra in Walking Dead would be real fun too.

I'd love to be in an army like that, but probably even the props would be heavy for me. Also I am a little higher than a meter and a half. lol.

drunkenshoe

People claim this is real. Is it? Can't be, can it?

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 06, 2019, 01:06:47 PMWhat do you call that in English I couldn't find it, when pirates/sailors fly into the ships with ropes!
Boarding, maybe?  Though that doesn't necessarily mean they're using ropes.  I don't think there's a word for that exactly, and there really should be considering how frequent it is in tv/film.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 06, 2019, 01:15:39 PMPeople claim this is real. Is it? Can't be, can it?
I highly doubt it.  But I'll check it out later.  Honestly, that scene was so tedious that I got up for a drink myself.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2019, 01:29:25 PM
Boarding, maybe?  Though that doesn't necessarily mean they're using ropes.  I don't think there's a word for that exactly, and there really should be considering how frequent it is in tv/film.

Oh my god, of course it is boarding. LOL It's completely different in my mother language and for some reason I thought it would be a special term in English. 

Boarding is also used positive, in Turkish 'bordoloma' is only used for attacking a ship that way from a ship.

drunkenshoe

OK, in military, it is abrest.

Hydra009

Spoilers for s8e3

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWqI4AJLmY

I basically agree with this guy.  Thematically, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Also, I think Mel's scenes could've been fixed pretty easily.

Winterfell's defenders desperately need to buy time for some final preparations or something, so the dothraki have to go in as a distracting force and draw away as many undead as they can at great cost.  Dany is real uneasy with this plan, but she agrees.  Mel is already at Winterfell at this point, so she offers her aid to Jorah's dothraki troops, and Jorah reluctantly agrees.  In this scene, the dothraki don't rush headlong into death, they try to skirmish the flank of the undead, but they're surprised and ultimately defeated by the undead's unconventional army (giants and ice spiders) and magical nature of the undead (sudden gusts of ice, perhaps even ice javelins).  In my version, the dothraki make a heroic sacrifice, they don't die pointlessly.

As the dead approach, the defenders' fires go out and the defenders are unable to relight them.  The defenders start panicking and the dead take advantage of weakened defenses and start their assault.  When things seem bleak, Mel lights the barricades and the defenders rally.

Later, in a her final move, she walks serenely right into the midst of the dead, her necklace glows brighter than we've ever seen it before, and she self-immolates.  She creates gigantic flames that shouldn't even realistically be that high or bright.  I'm talking wildfire-like effects.  Like some sort of reverse Helm's Deep torchbearer.  It temporarily destabilizes the dead's advance, maybe even kills off one white walker and his fraction of the army.

Even the morning after the battle, the necklace still glows somewhat and is hot to the touch.  Davos is dumbfounded.[/spoiler]

drunkenshoe

[spoiler]I never thought dothraki died pointlessly. I have no idea why people kept saying that. Dorthraki is the only army there that would dare to charge in like that. they are the strongest in that sense. They are wild.   [/spoiler]

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 06, 2019, 04:01:19 PM
[spoiler]I never thought dothraki died pointlessly. I have no idea why people kept saying that. Dorthraki is the only there that would dare to charge in like that. they are the strongest in that sense. They are wild.   [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Because they didn't have a noticeable impact - leading viewers to to surmise it was utterly pointless.  At least as a delaying action it would have some value.

I agree in that they absolutely would and should charge in.  They're not going to man the walls or anything.  That's completely out of the question.  No, they would die as they lived - on horseback.  I just wish that scene more fully communicated their bravery and heroism at literally riding out to face death knowing full well what it would cost them.

Instead, they left viewers with the impression that they're a bunch of Leeroy Jenkins who liked their fire enchants so much they rushed mid thoughtlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKBdRYEYsU[/spoiler]