News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Baruch

The family of Caesar from Julius and Mark Anthony thru Nero were ... messed up like that.  Inbred.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJptaHqta1Q

Showed this to my mom.  She watched the first half and remarked, "What a nice young man.  You should be more like him."

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 31, 2017, 04:15:06 PM
But think of all the hours watching the show, discussing the show, watching youtube reviews, discussing those reviews, reading the books, discussing the books, playing the games, etc.

Oh my god, when this series wraps up (both TV and book), I'm going to have to do some serious searching for entertainment to fill that gap.

I'm sure the syndication will last forever.  I watched an original Star Trek last night (the Horta one).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 04, 2017, 02:37:56 AM
I'm sure the syndication will last forever.  I watched an original Star Trek last night (the Horta one).

"Damn it Jim!  I'm not a bricklayer!"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2017, 07:23:10 AM
"Damn it Jim!  I'm not a bricklayer!"

Yep, gotta love Bones.

Dem bones dem bones, those DRY bones...

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on September 04, 2017, 02:37:56 AM
Plus, there's always fanfiction (aka seasons 5-7).

Joking aside, I contemplated a short story that takes place in season 2 about two peasant brothers who have an intense sibling rivalry partially due to a strict, demanding father and partially due to mutual antagonism.  The two brothers join different sides in the Stannis-Renly rivalry (as common footmen) and feud with each other in much the same way as their lieges.  Will they be consumed with anger and end up murdering each other?  Or will they find another way of resolving their differences?  Find out!  (Maybe.  Probably not.)

Think of it as a day in the limelight.  Those are often fascinating, imo.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 04, 2017, 08:48:51 PM
Plus, there's always fanfiction (aka seasons 5-7).

Joking aside, I contemplated a short story that takes place in season 2 about two peasant brothers who have an intense sibling rivalry partially due to a strict, demanding father and partially due to mutual antagonism.  The two brothers join different sides in the Stannis-Renly rivalry (as common footmen) and feud with each other in much the same way as their lieges.  Will they be consumed with anger and end up murdering each other?  Or will they find another way of resolving their differences?  Find out!  (Maybe.  Probably not.)

Think of it as a day in the limelight.  Those are often fascinating, imo.

I just skimmed a newspaer review of GoT.  Sounds like Hound and Mountain...

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

That was really good!  The Japanese people (or style) is always interesting to me.  And of course if a story has swords or dragons ... Japanese folk must like it too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFUtVmIIAxM

I dunno about Pod, but I mostly agree with this.

* At least one main character should die. Probably Bronn.
* Dany should have difficulty maintaining her alliance (Davos and Tyrion should've not gotten along well, same with Tyrion and the Sand Snakes, Theon and Jon Snow, etc)
* Cersei should've blamed the Sept's destruction on Dany, though of course there would be whispers otherwise.
* Stannis would've had a small garrison on Dragonstone (because duh).  Mel would hand it over to Dany's forces without a fight because she has seen in her flames that Dany will fight the Others.
* Sam would be quarantined with Jorah for his unauthorized and incredibly dangerous greyscale surgery.  During the quarantine, they would have a heart-to-heart and Jorah would swear to advise Dany to fight the others.  Sam would stay at the citadel.
* Jon, with Jorah's help, would eventually convince Dany of the white walker threat.
* Instead of the incredibly stupid plan to capture a wight, Dany would fly out to see for herself.  After glimpsing the white walker army, she tries to assassinate the Night's King, attacking in tandem with the Fellowship (Jon, Tormund, etc)  It fails partly because Dany was overconfident, much to Jon's dismay.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 26, 2017, 02:23:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdbx8YT4dQ

"“It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.” ― Arthur C. Clarke"

Said the Tasmanian Devil to the Modern Human...  LOL!

Hydra009

It's back!  And I've already seen like 16% of the season.  :(

[spoiler][/spoiler]