News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Season 6 Episode 5.  Pretty much the perfect episode!  One of the best of the series, imho.

[spoiler]Hot damn, Sansa is assertive as fuck in her talk with Littlefinger.  Where the hell was this Sansa in Season 5?  Imho, her shacking up with Ramsay was plot-induced stupidity and I'm glad as hell that it's finally gone.  Still, turning down Littlefinger might not have been the best move.  But trusting him isn't a good idea either.  Quite the dilemma.

And Davos has a good chance of going to White Harbor.  Hell yes.  Lord Manderly ftw.

Brienne's off to Riverrun.  You know what that means, book readers!  It's happening!

Arya is making great progress.  I loved that little play.  Eddard Stark in particular.  Even Stannis would've laughed at that performance.  The peasants of Westeroes/Braavos are always so scurrilous and candid.  I love it.

that's_a_penis.gif

The White Walkers origins revealed!  *head 'xplodes!*

Aww yiss, motherfucking kingsmoot!  I'm glad Theon did the right thing and didn't seek power for himself.  No Victarion.  No Farwynd.  No dragonhorn.  :(  And Aeron is waaaay too pumped about Euron.  That and he apparently forgot about working his CPR magic to revive people after baptism.  Just throws Euron on the shore like a beached whale.  I thought for a second - just a second - that it would've been pretty funny if Euron had died then and there.  Also, Euron greatly underestimates just how long it takes to build a fleet.  It's not like writing a 10-page paper.  You can't just do it all in one night.  It's more like writing Winds of Winter.  :P

Ser Jorah finally admits to greyscale.  Thanks for coming clean about that highly contagious, deadly disease you have.  Who knows how many people he might've unintentionally infected by now.  He probably rubbed his arm all over Daario's dagger, for all we know.

A new red woman and she has Varys by the (proverbial) balls!  What happened on castration night?  Do tell!  Sadly, that scene got cut short, just like Varys' testicles.

The battle for the tree was amazing!  Bran, Bloodraven, Meera, Leaf, Wylis were AMAZING!  Meera bags a surprising kill.  Damn, is there anyone near the Wall who hasn't killed a walker?!  The Walker attrition rate so far is huge.  You might want to take the rearguard in the future, guys.

And we actually find out the reason Hodor is Hodor!  I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million Hodor theorists suddenly cried out in joy or anguish![/spoiler]

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 23, 2016, 01:50:55 AM
Season 6 Episode 5.  Pretty much the perfect episode!  One of the best of the series, imho.

[spoiler]Hot damn, Sansa is assertive as fuck in her talk with Littlefinger.  Where the hell was this Sansa in Season 5?  Imho, her shacking up with Ramsay was plot-induced stupidity and I'm glad as hell that it's finally gone.  Still, turning down Littlefinger might not have been the best move.  But trusting him isn't a good idea either.  Quite the dilemma.

And Davos has a good chance of going to White Harbor.  Hell yes.  Lord Manderly ftw.

Brienne's off to Riverrun.  You know what that means, book readers!  It's happening!

Arya is making great progress.  I loved that little play.  Eddard Stark in particular.  Even Stannis would've laughed at that performance.  The peasants of Westeroes/Braavos are always so scurrilous and candid.  I love it.

that's_a_penis.gif

The White Walkers origins revealed!  *head 'xplodes!*

Aww yiss, motherfucking kingsmoat!  I'm glad Theon did the right thing and didn't seek power for himself.  No Victarion.  No Farwynd.  No dragonhorn.  :(  And Aeron is waaaay too pumped about Euron.  That and he apparently forgot about working his CPR magic to revive people after baptism.  Just throws Euron on the shore like a beached whale.  I thought for a second - just a second - that it would've been pretty funny if Euron had died then and there.  Also, Euron greatly underestimates just how long it takes to build a fleet.  It's not like writing a 10-page paper.  You can't just do it all in one night.  It's more like writing Winds of Winter.  :P

Ser Jorah finally admits to greyscale.  Thanks for coming clean about that highly contagious, deadly disease you have.  Who knows how many people he might've unintentionally infected by now.  He probably rubbed his arm all over Daario's dagger, for all we know.

A new red woman and she has Varys by the (proverbial) balls!  What happened on castration night?  Do tell!  Sadly, that scene got cut short, just like Varys' testicles.

The battle for the tree was amazing!  Bran, Bloodraven, Meera, Leaf, Wylis were AMAZING!  Meera bags a surprising kill.  Damn, is there anyone near the Wall who hasn't killed a walker?!  The Walker attrition rate so far is huge.  You might want to take the rearguard in the future, guys.

And we actually find out the reason Hodor is Hodor!  I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million Hodor theorists suddenly cried out in joy or anguish![/spoiler]

And might I add: [spoiler]Hodor.[/spoiler]
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 23, 2016, 01:14:23 PM
And might I add: [spoiler]Hodor.[/spoiler]
Wounded comrade:  "S.H.I.E.L.D. attacking us from all sides.  Take this Cosmic Cube to Hanger 9.  Hail Hydra."

Hanger 9.  Hail Hydra.
Hangr 9.  Hail Hydra.
Hanr 9.  Hydra.
9.  Hydra.
Hydra 9.

Mr.Obvious

A possible theory about bran and bloodraven I came up with.

I posted this on reddit too, don't think it'll get much attention

Don't read before you've watched 'The Door'.

[spoiler]BS = BR, could it be true? Probably not, unless Bloodraven uploaded himself into Bran in the episode 'The Door' and takes over Bran... But perhaps Bran and Bloodraven have always been the same...
In season 6 we learn that not only can a greenseers actions have affect on things in the past, they make it so that they've always been that way; creating timeloops. Bran always made Wylis into Hodor. Hodor always accompagnied Bran beyond the wall and held the door, leading to Bran creating Hodor. Interesting, be it paradoxal, stuff.
Now it's clear that Bloodraven knew Bran would create Hodor. That's why he took him to that point in time when the Night's King invaded the weirwood-hideout. So that Bran could create Hodor and make his first obvious timeloop (not counting Ned Stark's turnaround), to make sure that Bran would always end up with Bloodraven. Perhaps Bloodraven at some point observed himself and Bran observing the scene within the weirwood. Perhaps it's possible to observe an observer in the weirwood. But if not, how did Bloodraven, out of all the possible times and locations to choose from, know he had to have Bran right there so he could accidentaly make wylis Hodor? It's because Bloodraven and Bran are a timeloop. Bloodraven remembers creating Hodor, back when he was the Bran in that situation and therefore had to do put his other younger version through the same ordeal. (It's also how he inexplicably knew that the Night's King had found Bran in his vision and put his mark on him.)
Now, I know what you are thinking; Bloodraven is Brynden Rivers. He can't be Bran. They are two different people. Well, I'm not denying Bloodraven is Brynden. But is a possible scenario to solve this problem: After the war against the white walkers, no matter if it ends well or not, Brandon Stark survives. Perhaps in body and mind. But definitely the latter. He hooks up in the weirwoodnet an old, tired man. He's learned much and become immensely powerfull as a greenseer, but he feels his time is ending. Spending some of his last moments in the weirwoodnet to visit those he'd loved and misses, he decides to visit Bloodraven. Upon coming to Bloodraven as a babe, he finds the child is born without screaming or crying. It does not react to stimuli but breathes none the less. Brynden is born a vegetable and will not survive. Realizing he needs a teacher to teach him and history needs Brynden Rivers to loop back into itself, he wargs into the baby and Brandon becomes the babe. (Possibly influencing the babe's parents to call him 'Brynden' by instinct, as 'Brandon's' mind reaches out beyond the babe. Using his knowledge as a lord when growing up as Bran, Brandon/Brynden plays out the life of Bloodraven he's learned through recent history; eventually sending him to the wall and beyond, where he waits and possibly shapes for the new Brandon to fall out of the window and then lure him to the weirwood beyond the wall. And thus, one comes full circle.
Another idea would be that Brynden and Brandon are two seperate entities, but that by Brynden uploading himself into Brandon during the wight-attack; Brandon could warg into a non-braindead Brynden at any time he visited a younger Brynden through the weirwoodnet, seeing as they are bound in mind and soul by always having been bound in mind and soul.[/spoiler]

True? Probably not. But keeping an open mind here :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

I doubt there's any stable time loop going on beyond what we've seen already.  I have my plate full with wild theories at the moment, throw time travel into the mix and I might pop.

Though I have noticed certain characters tend to feel an unexplained presence near weirwood trees:  Ned, Jon, Arya, Theon.  Maybe events are being influenced in extremely subtle ways...

[spoiler]I'm not very strong on Children of the Forest lore so this could be wrong, but my understanding is that the weirwood network is the collective consciousness of the Children of the Forest - when the Children of the Forest die their spirit or essence goes into the weirwood trees, sort of like how dying wargs go into a nearby compatible creature.  But unlike wargs, their consciousness doesn't decay into oblivion and they're connected to all the weirwood trees, not just a single individual.

I dunno if Bloodraven is totally dead or still alive in some fashion in the weirwood network, but either way, he's separate from Bran.[/spoiler]

stromboli

[spoiler]Sansa is pregnant.[/spoiler]

Hydra009

I just thought of a small missed opportunity with the Boltons.  Hopefully, it'll happen in the books:

[spoiler]Roose Bolton's last word:  "Bastard."[/spoiler]

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 26, 2016, 12:32:31 PM
I just thought of a small missed opportunity with the Boltons.  Hopefully, it'll happen in the books:

[spoiler]Roose Bolton's last word:  "Bastard."[/spoiler]

Can't be another Targaryen. That would be too much.

Hydra009

I meant a regular o' bastard.  (In both senses of the word)  I've had my fill of secret Targaryens.

Hydra009

Season 6 Episode 6.

Another good one, though a few characters are in danger purely because of their own idiocy.  I'm not liking this idea of making characters unusually dumb in order to get them into harm's way.  The characters should act normally and danger will find them regardless.  Plot-induced stupidity was a major feature of season 5 and I really hope season 6 doesn't go down that same way.

[spoiler]Bran's green dreams should come with an epilepsy warning.  The audience has probably just had more seizures than Robin's had his whole life.

And just as Bran and Meera are about to die, thus making Hodor's sacrifice absolutely pointless, they get rescued by a mysterious stranger.  Coldhands, probably.  Rabbit juice for breakfast.  Lovely.

But that's nothing compared to Sam and Gilly's dinner.  Awkward with extra helpings of hateful.  "Not fat enough already?"  LOL

Surprisingly, Lord Tarly is dumped on by his family almost as much as he dumps of Sam.  And Sam steals the ancestral sword he's expressly forbidden to wield.  Because of course he did.  Really bad idea there, Sam.  Sam is about to get murdered so very bad.  It's going to be so brutal it'll make Oberyn's death look like Myrcella's death.

And Margaery is officially broken.  You could clap your hands in front of her face and she wouldn't blink.  And the High Sparrow pulled off one hell of a coup.  Well played, though I still don't know how the High Sparrow sleeps at night without getting garrotted until his head pops off.

Jamie is off to Riverrun.  If this is going to play out like I think it's going to play out, the Riverlands are about to get VERY interesting.

Now to Arya.  I like these plays.  Man, they HATE Tyrion.  I bet he's glad he's far, far away.  There's a funny scene where the Cersei actress complains that the play is bad because of bad writing (subtle shot at GRRM?) and says to Arya "do you like pretending to be other people?"  To an actor whose character has an assumed identity, no less.  Haha.

A girl fails her duty.  Valar dohaeris.  And what's more, a girl is not no one.  A girl is still Arya.  The temple of black and white has two kinds of assassins - good assassins and dead assassins.  Arya will die.  (I don't actually expect Arya to die anytime soon, but from the looks of things, she's definitely up shit creek.)

But on more pleasant news, Benjen's back, bitches!

Also, Daenrys is doing her thing.  I kept getting distracted by the set.  Those sand mountains were so damn fake looking that I could barely concentrate on anything else.  But I guess Dany is finally going to go through with invading Westeros.  'Bout time, though Mereen's badly in need some attention first.[/spoiler]

stromboli

Not sure, but I think the sand mountains are Morocco.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on May 30, 2016, 09:22:03 AM
Not sure, but I think the sand mountains are Morocco.
I looked into it.  Spain.  Alhamila mountains.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

They look very strange, especially up close.  I could've sworn they were fake.  I guess not.  My bad.

stromboli

We've got areas in Southern Utah that have similar formations. I've seen them before so assumed they were real. With CGI you never know.

Hydra009

GET HYPE!

[spoiler]Bronn interrupts the "a Lannister always--" line and deserves to have a statue built to his likeness.

Margaery was great as always.  Last episode had me worried for her sanity.  Good to know that she's still growing strong.

Meanwhile, Arya is having a rough time.  Starks sure have a knack for getting into trouble.

A little bird told me the craziest theory about Arya.  Arya is Arya, but Arya is also the waif.  The waif is Arya's Tyler Durden.

Think about it.  No one ever interacts with the waif but Arya and Jaqen.  Not even a glance when she's beating Arya up in broad daylight.  It's like she's invisible.  The waif knows everything there is to know about Arya, while her own her character is obscured.  The waif is truly no one in a way that Arya can never be.  Arya has been trying to become the waif, but she is torn between both personalities.  That's why the waif wants Arya dead and Jaqen gives permission without hesitation or displeasure.  (Otherwise, training and then killing a new recruit is an enormous waste)  In truth, it wasn't the waif asking, it was Arya asking to kill her inner self to finally complete her training.[/spoiler]