News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agramon

S5E6

[spoiler]So help me if Bronn dies to a stupid poison dagger I'm going to lose my shit. Also, who the fuck tries to kidnap someone in the middle of the day WITH PRINCE DORAN PRACTICALLY WATCHING.

Oh yeah, how the hell does Obara (sp?) not wipe the floor with Jamie Lannister? Plot armor much?[/spoiler]
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Green Bottle

Watched episode 5 last nite an it's starting to get very interesting, but as some of you havent got that far yet ill say nuthing.  But fksake, those damned Sons of the Harpy need sorted out s all im sayin........ :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hydra009

S5E6

[spoiler]I'll refer you guys to Preston Jacobs, because he covers all the bases better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh7UdY1lgAo

* Arya's scenes have been dreadfully dull so far.  And her euthanessos scene in particular didn't sit well with me.  I guess I'm supposed to believe that Arya is becoming a better liar, but it's pretty unethical (compare to Jaqen kindly and reverently giving the water to the man who asked for it) and doesn't make sense considering that it should be common knowledge that this temple does not offer healing.  I definitely would've preferred her as Cat of the Canals bumping into a merchant with a taste for gold.

* Littlefinger going back to King's Landing.  STOOPID IDEA.  #1) Cersei almost had you killed, remember?  And now she's head honcho.  Yeah, I'd stay the hell away.  #2) The Sparrows hate sinners, and you are the embodiment of at least 2 deadly sins.  So yeah, the Sparrows HATE you.  And they whip people they hate in the streets.  And they're under the control of Cersei, who also hates you.  Get the picture?  #3  There's no way in hell the Lannisters don't already know Sansa is in Winterfell.  She'd be the talk of the town!  So Littlefinger, what the hell are you doing here?

Littlefinger actually has a good plan to take out the victor after the battle between Stannis and Bolton.  But warden of the north?  In your dreams.  If you thought the Boltons were disliked by the Northmen, just imagine a Southerner - and a lowborn and flesh-peddler at that - ruling over them.

* Myrcella is quite the lovely young girl.  And wouldn't you know it, she's getting kidnapped by two parties at the same exact time.  What luck!  And in broad daylight right in front of the royal guards.  Great plan, guys.

* Sansa's wedding.  Apparently, it caused an uproar on Twitter.  You know what else causes an uproar on Twitter?  Literally everything.  I mean, we've seen some pretty nasty stuff in GoT so far.  Caster's Keep alone is some seriously messed up stuff, let alone the Red Wedding or the Purple Wedding or the King's Landing duel (aka the chunky salsa duel).  So yeah, it didn't really get to me that bad.  In fact, it's slightly worse in the books.  Theon is forced to participate instead of simply watching.  I still feel really bad for Sansa, though.  I really hope she finds some sort of peace in the end.[/spoiler]

Hydra009

I actually really liked the latest Game of Thrones!

[spoiler]Cersei's sins finally come to roost!  FUCKIN' STOKED to see how that's going to play out.

Thank the Seven for cutting Samwell Tarly's boatride.  As much as I want to see Oldtown, having to slog through his long and tedious journey was more horrendous for book readers than Sansa's stay in King's Landing.  But watching him get pounded on and then get to do some pounding was probably the 3rd most disturbing sex scene I've seen in this series, and I'm pretty sure there have been more than that many rapes.  Headwound + sex = dead by morning.

The Queen of Thorns is having a pretty surprisingly hard time wheeling and dealing with the High Sparrow.  Trying to bribe a religious fanatic was not a smart play.  She should have tried to use his faith to her advantage somehow.  Also, it's interesting to learn that she seems not the least bit religious.  The Tyrells are actually the only halfway decent family we've seen so far since the Starks went kaput.

Stannis the Mannis loves his daughter.  Finally stands up to the Red Lady.  Good for him.[/spoiler]

Shiranu

I still haven't gotten around to seeing episode 2 and on of this season... I really need to...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Season 5 Episode 8.  Another good one.

[spoiler]Licking the floors.  Damn.  I haven't seen Cersei this low since she was doing Lancel.  Lena Headey is acting the hell out of these scenes.

Yay, they're doing Cat of the Canals after all!  Hot damn, we finally get to see Arya do something cool.

Tyrion and Dany.  I have no words.  Literally.  I'm still waiting to see these scenes in print, Seven damn it!  Everything they're saying here is spoiling a book that hasn't been written yet!  ARGH!

Jon and Tormond's little ceasefire talk went about as well as could be expected.  I liked how they agreed with Tormund, not Jon.  And how some dissented.  Free folk'll do that.  If I were Tormund, I'd try to play up how the Crows are willing to let 'em through the Wall with no fuss.  Paint it like the Crows gone soft and desperate to sue for peace like the cowardly milk-drinkers they are.  And in their stupidity, giving the Free Folk a hell of a deal, giving the Gift and even guarding it for the Free Folk afterward.  The idjits.

The blizzard.  The instant I heard that shit, I was like "Oh no.  Oh no!  Get out.  Get out now!"  If it were me, I'd be on rowboat as fast as my legs could take me, and rowing whether or not anyone else was onboard.  Fuck the King.  Fuck the women.  Fuck the children.  Fuck the elderly.  There are no women or children or elderly.  There's the quick and the dead.  You're on the boats or you're fucked.

I strongly disagreed with the heroic last stand mentality.  Jon and Tormund must've been out of their minds.  Those wights are vicious as a well-kicked bag of tigers and twice as deadly.  When a Walker joined the fray, I asked my servant to fetch me my brown pants.  Abandoning the dragonglass was a smart move, but fighting Death itself mano-a-mano was not.  Jon got lucky as fuck this time.

Oh, and apparently, there's still a boat waiting for them at the docks.  The same docks that had hundreds of panicking, desperate people scrambling towards every available boat not a minute or so prior.  What are the odds that one would still be there?  Not bloody likely.  But the plot demands it, so one just happens to be there.  *shrugs*

I really liked the White Walker Necron Lord's intense stare-off with Jon and subsequent mass resurrection spell.  Creepy as hell.  If I saw half of what Jon's seen, I'd be halfway to Dorne right now, vow be damned.  It'd take my chances with a headsman.  A hell of a lot better death, at least.[/spoiler]

Green Bottle

Im watching episode 7 later an it looks like things are ''hotting up''  :popcorn: :popcorn:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

Great episode, and I would just like to say that Danish woman who played the Wildling woman was beautiful.

So...

[spoiler]Dragonglass... not as important as previously believed.

I know it's game of Thrones, and everything dies, but did anyone really think Longclaw would shatter? Really now?[/spoiler]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on June 01, 2015, 10:06:06 PM[spoiler]Dragonglass... not as important as previously believed.

I know it's game of Thrones, and everything dies, but did anyone really think Longclaw would shatter? Really now?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]No, but I didn't expect Jon to instagib the Walker with it.  I figured only dragonglass/obsidian could do that.  According to the books, dragonglass can annihilate Walkers with ease but is more brittle than regular steel, so it's less useful except in special circumstances.  So, it has its advantages and disadvantages.  Valyrian steel is spell-forged and mastercrafted steel, so it's lighter and sharper than mundane steel.  The fact that it has all of the advantages of dragonglass with none of its weaknesses kinda irks me a little.  Nerf plz.[/spoiler]

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 01, 2015, 02:17:14 AM
Season 5 Episode 8.  Another good one.

[spoiler]Licking the floors.  Damn.  I haven't seen Cersei this low since she was doing Lancel.  Lena Headey is acting the hell out of these scenes.

Yay, they're doing Cat of the Canals after all!  Hot damn, we finally get to see Arya do something cool.

Tyrion and Dany.  I have no words.  Literally.  I'm still waiting to see these scenes in print, Seven damn it!  Everything they're saying here is spoiling a book that hasn't been written yet!  ARGH!

Jon and Tormond's little ceasefire talk went about as well as could be expected.  I liked how they agreed with Tormund, not Jon.  And how some dissented.  Free folk'll do that.  If I were Tormund, I'd try to play up how the Crows are willing to let 'em through the Wall with no fuss.  Paint it like the Crows gone soft and desperate to sue for peace like the cowardly milk-drinkers they are.  And in their stupidity, giving the Free Folk a hell of a deal, giving the Gift and even guarding it for the Free Folk afterward.  The idjits.

The blizzard.  The instant I heard that shit, I was like "Oh no.  Oh no!  Get out.  Get out now!"  If it were me, I'd be on rowboat as fast as my legs could take me, and rowing whether or not anyone else was onboard.  Fuck the King.  Fuck the women.  Fuck the children.  Fuck the elderly.  There are no women or children or elderly.  There's the quick and the dead.  You're on the boats or you're fucked.

I strongly disagreed with the heroic last stand mentality.  Jon and Tormund must've been out of their minds.  Those wights are vicious as a well-kicked bag of tigers and twice as deadly.  When a Walker joined the fray, I asked my servant to fetch me my brown pants.  Abandoning the dragonglass was a smart move, but fighting Death itself mano-a-mano was not.  Jon got lucky as fuck this time.

Oh, and apparently, there's still a boat waiting for them at the docks.  The same docks that had hundreds of panicking, desperate people scrambling towards every available boat not a minute or so prior.  What are the odds that one would still be there?  Not bloody likely.  But the plot demands it, so one just happens to be there.  *shrugs*

I really liked the White Walker Necron Lord's intense stare-off with Jon and subsequent mass resurrection spell.  Creepy as hell.  If I saw half of what Jon's seen, I'd be halfway to Dorne right now, vow be damned.  It'd take my chances with a headsman.  A hell of a lot better death, at least.[/spoiler]

About The boat: to be fair he ordered one of them to come back. I think that was the one.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Ah okay.  I must've missed that part.

[spoiler]That boat was just plain strange, though.

[/spoiler]

Agramon

[spoiler]I have a feeling I'm going to really hate Ollie soon.[/spoiler]
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Hydra009

Quote from: Agramon on June 03, 2015, 05:35:22 AM
[spoiler]I have a feeling I'm going to really hate Ollie soon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Oh yeah, it's coming.

I loved his little chat with Sam.  Ollie basically laid bare his hatred and distrust of wildlings to Sam of all people.  A guy who's in love with one probably wasn't the best choice for that.

Sam makes a few arguments for the alliance and tells him not to worry about Jon.  I loved how oblivious Sam is to the coming danger.[/spoiler]

Hydra009

Episode 9 tonight.  These are always good for a shocking murder or massacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrx7pX5zEc

Mr.Obvious

[spoiler]Fuck Show Stannis.[/spoiler]
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.