News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Personally, I don't see the appeal in Game of Thrones. Although I'd probably watch it if this particular crossover happened:

[spoiler=spoiler'd for size][/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aroura33

How can you NOT like Game of Thrones?  It has Everything!  Fencing, fighting, torture, giants, true love...(and bewbs!). See?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Aroura33

Also, just because, I have to share my favorite GoT video (made me fall out of my chair laughing).

Only covers through season 3, so no spoilers if you've watched that far, and no book spoilers.  But maybe NSFW....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 27, 2014, 01:29:52 PM
How can you NOT like Game of Thrones?  It has Everything!  Fencing, fighting, torture, giants, true love...(and bewbs!).
So it's a sub-par shounen anime realized in live action. *yawn*

Give me something where the characters at least have creative designs! (Be sure and turn on the subtitles.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtfq-807OnA

Shiranu

Doesn't... like... GoT...

Does not compute.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on June 27, 2014, 05:02:16 PM
Doesn't... like... GoT...

Does not compute.
I will not bow down to your conformist ways! :P

Shol'va

Have you watched any of the episodes? Give it a try. Don't let it turn you off just because so many people talk about it. It's for a reason and this time it ain't because it's "teen pop culture". The production quality is just about as high as it can be and the theme etc just great. Try not to get too attached to characters, they have a tendency to, well, get killed off.
In some ironic sense, the show and books are good BECAUSE the writer said the same thing you just did to conformity.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shol'va on June 27, 2014, 08:05:32 PM
Have you watched any of the episodes? Give it a try. Don't let it turn you off just because so many people talk about it. It's for a reason and this time it ain't because it's "teen pop culture". The production quality is just about as high as it can be and the theme etc just great. Try not to get too attached to characters, they have a tendency to, well, get killed off.
In some ironic sense, the show and books are good BECAUSE the writer said the same thing you just did to conformity.
Of course I've seen a few episodes here and there, it's unavoidable if you have a social life. And as I said, I don't see the appeal.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.

Aroura33

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 27, 2014, 04:53:20 PM
So it's a sub-par shounen anime realized in live action. *yawn*

I did 20 minutes of research, not just reading the Wikipedia page on it, to find out what shounen anime is, and GoT is soooo not even anything remotely like that. Just because it has bewbs does not put it in this category. Nor is it action driven. It is 90% a political and personal drama. It continues to be mostly a political and personal drama, it just takes place in a very barbaric and gritty world time/place. Action and bewbs are actually pretty few and far between.
Leonard Nimoy

Hydra009

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 27, 2014, 09:22:02 PMIt is 90% a political and personal drama.
Bingo.  I've heard it described as a fantasy drama, and I've gotta say, that's a fairly accurate summation.  But I really like TV Tropes' laconic description of it:  "HBO series about intrigue, war, and ancient evil threatening a medieval fantasy world. "

And one of the awesome things about it is that there is such an abundance of characters that you're practically guaranteed to really empathize with and care about at least one of them.  And then you're hooked.  At least until that person dies.  :(

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 27, 2014, 09:22:02 PM
I did 20 minutes of research, not just reading the Wikipedia page on it, to find out what shounen anime is, and GoT is soooo not even anything remotely like that. Just because it has bewbs does not put it in this category. Nor is it action driven. It is 90% a political and personal drama. It continues to be mostly a political and personal drama, it just takes place in a very barbaric and gritty world time/place. Action and bewbs are actually pretty few and far between.
I was being facetious. As I said earlier, I have seen the show a few times, and I don't care for it. I don't know what else to say, I find it boring and stupid compared to other shows I've seen. =/

PickelledEggs

I've never watched game of thrones... And I don't really feel like it. 

Just saying.

Sent from your mom

Hydra009

GoT thread populated by people who don't like GoT.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 28, 2014, 03:40:24 AM
GoT thread populated by people who don't like GoT.

I don't dislike GoT, I just tend to have a hard time getting in to a long series like that. Same thing with breaking bad and a few others. I believe you that its good.

Sent from your mom

Hydra009

GoT returns tonight!  Damn, it's been a while!

Apparently, a few of the new episodes have been leaked already. :(  If you come across them, please keep it to yourself.  The One True God and One True King command it.

Season 5 and books should still be spoiled, but previous seasons of the show no longer need to be spoiled.

Also, there's a bunch of really fascinating but crazy fan theory videos.  Apparently, there are lots of secret plots and alliances going on behind the scenes so subtlety hinted at that they're extremely easy to miss.  Check it out if and only if you're up to date on the books.