News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Personally, I don't touch this thread till I'm all caught up and I encourage others to do the same.  IMHO, the only thing that I think should absolutely be spoiled are portions of the books that haven't been covered by the TV show yet.  By the time I'm all caught up with the books, it'd be by the 50th anniversary of the last season of GoT.

Notthesun

If you haven't seen the new episode, don't click on the link. There should be no such thing as a spoiler for the show. It's that simple.

As far as the book goes, just leave info about it out of here or spoiler it by putting "Spoilers from books"
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Hydra009

[spoiler]IF G.R.R. Martin wrote the Lion King:

[/spoiler]

chongjasmine

I never really watch the episodes. I read the books, though and enjoy them.
For God so loves the world that He gives His one and only Son Jesus that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. The Holy Bible John 3:16

Hydra009

Quote from: chongjasmine on June 14, 2014, 04:18:50 AMI never really watch the episodes. I read the books, though and enjoy them.
Infidel!  :razz:

I'm trying to do both right now, not so much out of a love of reading as it is the need for a steady GoT fix.  I like the attention to detail (maybe a bit too much detail) in the books, you see more of characters' thoughts, but there's really something to be said for seeing it all come to life.  Definitely earns its tv spot, imho.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

[spoiler]

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER![/spoiler]

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 15, 2014, 02:40:48 AM
[spoiler]

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER![/spoiler]

LOL

Notthesun

Today's season finale is perfect for Fathers' day! <3
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Shiranu

Having a very hard time finding a (totally legal, HBO-approved) stream of it that works :(. Maybe tomorrow a (totally legal, HBO-approved) stream will be up...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Braavos here we come.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on June 15, 2014, 11:52:28 PMHaving a very hard time finding a (totally legal, HBO-approved) stream of it that works :(. Maybe tomorrow a (totally legal, HBO-approved) stream will be up...
A man might try the sea.  All water streams into the sea.  (A man is not sure if he hears correctly or writes correctly, but... valun derĂ„"ptis)

Shiranu

Aye, I found one on my sails across the webs.

Gods, but that last episode made me feel good.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Has it been long enough to talk about the latest episode?  I think it's been long enough.  So, without further ado, S4E10 spoilers:

[spoiler]

I loved the fight between Brienne and the Hound, though her diplomacy (and definitely his) could've used some work.  Hell, she could've paid for Arya right then and there.  The Hound was ostensibly only after the reward money, after all.  And he's not going to get it anywhere else.

But about the actual fight, I love how Brienne fights fair at the very beginning, but quickly adapts to the Hound's dirty fighting and bashes the hell out of him with a rock with feral ferocity.  She was magnificent.

I'm glad the Hound is dead.  He's dead, right?[/spoiler]