News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on June 04, 2014, 06:00:48 PM
Don't focus on just what you see as the main characters in the game. There are many side players that manipulate and make moves of their own. Littlefinger is stuck in his aerie for now, but other people take advantage of situations that arise. Don't count anyone out until they are dead and buried.
While Littlefinger is preoccupied, Varys has had free reign at court.  It'll be interesting to see what schemes he hatches next.

Notthesun

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2014, 06:15:01 PM
[spoiler]He has done some good things, but he also murdered his cousin in cold blood and raped his sister.  As far as wrongdoing goes, those are two pretty big ones.  In other people's stories, he'd be the main villain.

All the Lannisters (except the two kids) are really screwed up people.  Only Tyrion gives a shit about anyone who isn't either himself or his immediate family, and even then, he's quite the scoundrel (blackmail, false imprisonment, and unwarranted exile come readily to mind).[/spoiler]

What are you talking about? lol
[spoiler]
First, Jaime didn't rape Cersei. Her saying no was only to it not being done in the church, not to it in general.

As far as what you said about Tyrion, REALLY? He's a good person. So he's a scoundrel because he blackmailed some people? Lame. False imprisonment? PYCELLE? He's a piece of shit. Also, unwarranted exile? You're speaking of Janos? That guy was a terrible person to keep around. Tyrion sent a piece of shit to where he deserved.

Do you forget all he's done for Sansa? Bran? How terrible he felt when Robb was murdered at his own wedding? How we stood up to Joff and all the other shitty people? He has done so much good and you call him a scoundrel for those things? lol [/spoiler]
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Hydra009

Quote from: Notthesun on June 05, 2014, 02:12:32 AMWhat are you talking about? lol
[spoiler]
First, Jaime didn't rape Cersei. Her saying no was only to it not being done in the church, not to it in general.

As far as what you said about Tyrion, REALLY? He's a good person. So he's a scoundrel because he blackmailed some people? Lame. False imprisonment? PYCELLE? He's a piece of shit. Also, unwarranted exile? You're speaking of Janos? That guy was a terrible person to keep around. Tyrion sent a piece of shit to where he deserved.

Do you forget all he's done for Sansa? Bran? How terrible he felt when Robb was murdered at his own wedding? How we stood up to Joff and all the other shitty people? He has done so much good and you call him a scoundrel for those things? lol [/spoiler]
[spoiler]

TIL rape isn't rape (dafuq) and that using one's executive powers to throw people in jail/banish them is okay if they're pieces of shit and/or you're a compassionate guy who has done good things.

Also, in Storm of Swords it's pretty clear that Lancel would've certainly been killed had his little secret gotten out.  And he didn't personally do anything to the Imp except demand a prisoner's release.  So yeah, a pretty machiavellian move on the Imp's part.

I understand that Tyrion had the best of intentions, but he definitely threw his weight around as Hand.

stromboli

Don't miss the last episode. Shits going DOWN.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on June 06, 2014, 04:20:13 PM
Don't miss the last episode. Shits going DOWN.

I supposed that this is coded words for another favorite is going to die... :wall:

stromboli

Hydra009

I personally don't think I can handle another one biting the dust.  *curls into fetal position*

josephpalazzo

[spoiler]WTF with Jon? So he's going to find Mance Rayder, single-hand and unarmed?!?? I guess they want us to think this is a suicide mission. Going with what has happened so far in this season, this isn't a suicide mission. So what does Jon have up his sleeve?

Did anyone feel sorry for Ygritte? Not me.

If it took one giant to lift the gate on the north side, how come the wildlings haven't already  taken the wall?

Too many unnecessary love stories distracting from the main stories: last week, it was Grey Worm with Missandei; this week, Sam and Gilly. WTF?[/spoiler]

Berati

[spoiler]
Quote from: josephpalazzo on June 09, 2014, 09:23:51 AM
Did anyone feel sorry for Ygritte? Not me.
No, I didn't feel sorry for her. Live by the sword, die by the sword. She killed plenty of villagers and wasn't the kid who shot her one of them?

QuoteToo many unnecessary love stories distracting from the main stories: last week, it was Grey Worm with Missandei; this week, Sam and Gilly. WTF?
Completely agree.
This is why I thought the books would be unfilmable and I'm afraid it's stating to show. Martin did not keep his writing tight enough and has let the story wander into multiple stories. You would need three or four different series to cover everything. This is fine for books that are stretched to 1500 pages each but it's going to be very difficult for the TV people to find any kind of focus.

So far they've done a very good job given the source material IMO but I don't know if they can keep it up.[/spoiler]

A question on spoilers.
Do we need to use the spoiler function to discuss an episode that has already aired?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Berati on June 09, 2014, 01:12:58 PM
[spoiler]No, I didn't feel sorry for her. Live by the sword, die by the sword. She killed plenty of villagers and wasn't the kid who shot her one of them?
Completely agree.
This is why I thought the books would be unfilmable and I'm afraid it's stating to show. Martin did not keep his writing tight enough and has let the story wander into multiple stories. You would need three or four different series to cover everything. This is fine for books that are stretched to 1500 pages each but it's going to be very difficult for the TV people to find any kind of focus.

So far they've done a very good job given the source material IMO but I don't know if they can keep it up.[/spoiler]

A question on spoilers.
Do we need to use the spoiler function to discuss an episode that has already aired?

I would give a day after the showing, just in case someone hasn't seen it yet. But after that time lapse, I don't think we need spoilers. MHO.

Hydra009

[spoiler]Tonight on MTG TV: defender-heavy white Soldier deck VS Gruul Aggro deck.  With snow-covered lands all around.

Am I the only one who actually likes Alliser Thorne now?  Despite tormenting poor Lord Snow, he gave a great talk about leadership and a very inspiring battle speech and hacked his way through quite a lot of Free Folk before wisely aborting what would have probably been a fatal duel with Tormund for some soft hay.  Not a bad day's work.

RIP Pypar K/D ratio:  1

soon-to-RIP Tormund K/D ratio:  ~∞

Sam is the luckiest bastard on the planet.  There's no other explanation for his continued survival.

Janos is the most pathetic character in all of Westeroes.  And that includes Reek.

Giants with arrows that are also giant! (mobile ballista?!) OMFG did you see that guy get shot and fall off the battlements!?

Oh crap!  Kick the oil drum off!  Kick the oil drum off!  Kick it--  *boom*

HOLY BUCKET OF FROZEN COW PISS, did you see that fuckin' giant anchor scrape wildlings off the wall like fuckin' ants?!!!!

Okay, that episode was pretty cool.  I guess the Wall isn't boring all the time.  But it's still missing something.  Or someone..[/spoiler]

Hydra009

[spoiler]
Quote from: josephpalazzo on June 09, 2014, 09:23:51 AMWTF with Jon? So he's going to find Mance Rayder, single-hand and unarmed?!?? I guess they want us to think this is a suicide mission. Going with what has happened so far in this season, this isn't a suicide mission. So what does Jon have up his sleeve?
It's a really stupid plan any way you slice it.  But he has more Plot Armor than anyone else save Sam, so I dunno, might work.  Or he might just watch Castle Black get steamrolled from a distance.

QuoteDid anyone feel sorry for Ygritte? Not me.
I think she finally ODed on crazy pills.  I mean really, what did she expect to happen confronting Jon in the middle of a raging battle, kind words and a bit of cake?  You either take the shot or you get shot.  Even Sam knows that.

I love how the kid was all smiles.  "No need to thank me, just doing my thing."  Meanwhile, Jon is heartbroken.  But hey, it's not like he could've possibly known that.  Wouldn't have changed anything, either.  Still gotta plug a wildling attacking the castle, ladyfriend or no.

QuoteIf it took one giant to lift the gate on the north side, how come the wildlings haven't already  taken the wall?
No idea.  Really dunno why they didn't just brace it open.  I know everybody but the giant died, but damn, that's a lot of effort to slip only a single unit past the walls.  I dunno about you, but if I saw someone pulling the gate up, I would've been right behind him and I'd bring about half the army with me.

QuoteToo many unnecessary love stories distracting from the main stories: last week, it was Grey Worm with Missandei; this week, Sam and Gilly. WTF?
Agreed.  The plot has drifted a little this season and lingered a lot on nothing much happening to nobody cares too much.[/spoiler]

Shiranu

Quote[spoiler]Did anyone feel sorry for Ygritte? Not me.[/spoiler]

I did.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

wolf39us

Yeah give it a day or two... Don't come on here an hour after airing without using spoilers lol.

I personally have an automatic downloader and don't usually see the episode until the next day

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk