News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 12, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
So I guess that Bronn will fight for Tyrion, but who will be his opponent?  Oberyn??

[spoiler]MMMMMMMnope[/spoiler]

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on May 12, 2014, 03:35:31 PM
[spoiler]MMMMMMMnope[/spoiler]

I had thought that maybe Tyrion might ask Jaime to fight for him, putting Tywin in a bind: if Jaime'd lose, the Lanisters would lose two sons. But I don't think so. Jaime would not go along with that devious plan. Tho, Tyrion is smart enough to think about that. The only thing I can think of, looking at the bigger arc, that Tyrion will survive, is that Bronn can defeat just about anyone the court would select. But then again, who does the selection? Tywin, unanimous approval of all three judges? Cersei?

josephpalazzo

I'm disappointed with Shae. Granted someone put her up to rant and lie. Still, she was in love with Tyrion. Whatever happened to pure love? GRRR Martin needs to talk to the folks at Harlequin.

stromboli

[spoiler]Jaime can't fight for him because he was sworn to protect the king, his son, that was murdered. Bronn is a sellsword who no longer works for Tyrion an has no loyalty to him. You'll never guess the outcome, so don't try.  :biggrin:[/spoiler]

Hydra009

Okay, I'm just now caught up and season 4 has been amazing so far.

Daenerys's capture of Mereen was masterful.  Get it?  Haha.

Stannis is finally back in business!  HAIL STANNIS!

I like the Tyrells more with each episode.  My only surprise is that Margery was surprised by Olenna's wedding gift to her.

Tywinn is king in all but title.  The whole court is in his pocket.  His speech to Tommen was great but entirely self-serving.  Wisdom, indeed.

Littlefinger is more conniving and deadlier than ever.  Varys's speech to Oberyon shows a stark contrast between him and Littlefinger.

Oberyon is a welcome addition to the cast.  A bicurious bon vivant.  Quite the juxtaposition between him and Lord Varys, though I suppose they are both very patient about settling old scores.

And to top it all off, there's a scene with Brann that was actually pretty damn awesome!  I think I'm finally emotionally invested in their weird little journey to the magic tree.

stromboli

I've mentioned it here before, but the job of casting has been incredible. The only gripe I have is with Arya because in the book she is younger, and I think it would suit the character better. Sansa, The Mountain, The Hound, Oberyn, Tyrion, Joffrey, Littlefinger, Varys- all are as dead on as I could imagine. I've been disappointed too many times by books made into movies, but this is a great job overall. Couldn't ask for better.

Peter Dinklage is a revelation. The trial scene where Shae walks in and after ranks among the best acting I've seen. He really does flesh out the character completely.

But if you haven't read the books, be warned- WTF is coming. Don't even try to guess what happens next, because you will be wrong. 

Hydra009

Well, there have been a couple casting hiccups:

Ilyn Paine was retired in the show due to the actor's cancer but I've been told that he has more of a presence in the books.

And either my memory fails me, or Daario looks a bit different.  The Second Son is more like second pick.

But other than that, fantastic.

QuoteBut if you haven't read the books, be warned- WTF is coming. Don't even try to guess what happens next, because you will be wrong.
A man can guess.  But I'm fairly sure I know who goes to the Red God next.  *wink wink*

josephpalazzo

Season 4 Episode 7, trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygU32GP5Jgs

Who's the the big motherfucker?!??

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 16, 2014, 01:16:17 PMWho's the the big motherfucker?!??
Gregor Clegane (aka The Mountain), iirc.

josephpalazzo

Don't recall see him in the other seasons.

stromboli

JP, you are above me in every respect. Smarter than me, more knowledgeable in many areas and so forth. But the mere fact I know shit you don't about Game of Thrones makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  :biggrin:

You will meet the Mountain before long.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 16, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

He was the guy in the huge dark iron suit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 16, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

The guy in the black armor and the yellow shield with a dog on it.  A bit of a sore loser, heh.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 16, 2014, 11:28:02 PM

The guy in the black armor and the yellow shield with a dog on it.  A bit of a sore loser, heh.

Ha, no wonder I couldn't recognize him with all of his clothes on! Thanks.

josephpalazzo

On epi0407

[spoiler]So, did Tywin plan all this for Oberyn to meet the Mountain and have his revenge? Did Littlefinger kiss Sansa on purpose to send Lysa into a frenzy? What's with Dany fucking an idiot? [/spoiler]