News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Best scene so far: Brienne leaving Jaime.

josephpalazzo

What was odd was Cersei and Jaime as if that rape, or was it forced sex that became consentual, scene never happened. Go figure.

stromboli

[spoiler]And there was a spoiler at the very end of the episode that wasn't in the book. Did you catch it? With the White Walker king.[/spoiler]

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on April 30, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
[spoiler]And there was a spoiler at the very end of the episode that wasn't in the book. Did you catch it? With the White Walker king.[/spoiler]

I haven't read the book, but I would guess that this is how the WW can increase its population.

Notthesun

Quote from: stromboli on April 30, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
It wasn't in the book exactly. If my memory serves me correctly, it was said by a wildling. She said it is rumored that that is what they do.
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

josephpalazzo

After episode 5, one wonders where Lady Arryn and Sansa Stark fit into Littlefinger's plan.

Berati

Quote"I bet that Bravosii's hair was as greasy as Joffrey's cunt."
The Hound

The Hound is now officially my favorite character.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Berati

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 05, 2014, 05:49:40 PM
After episode 5, one wonders where Lady Arryn and Sansa Stark fit into Littlefinger's plan.

I distinctly remember Varys saying that Littefinger was the most dangerous man in Westeros. After the big reveal that:
[spoiler]Little finger is the one who had Jon Arryn killed using Lysa Arryn to carry out the deed.[/spoiler]

it certainly looks like Littlefinger is pulling quite a few strings.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

stromboli

Remember that Littlefinger had a major thing for Catelyn and Sansa is the spitting image of her mother. And yeah, he is a string puller.

jannugimes

I am going to watch this every Monday night to forget about the fact that people actually do love this malarkey...Pray he is not right when he says that the author will eventually eat himself to death and you are left with no conclusion in this endless story.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on May 05, 2014, 10:42:05 PM
Remember that Littlefinger had a major thing for Catelyn and Sansa is the spitting image of her mother. And yeah, he is a string puller.

I can see Littlefinger playing the corrupting factor in any given system, in this case the seven kingdoms perpetually at war,  but how does that play out in the greater arc - the WW about to march South, or an invading queen with magical dragons claiming back her throne.

stromboli

Yeah, but trust me- no matter what your presumptions are about the plot, at unexpected points you will be going WTF? The end of the last book is a serious WTF? I hate G R R Martin. That fucker has left me hanging for 2 years. Think Red Wedding and you get what I mean.

josephpalazzo

josephpalazzo

So I guess that Bronn will fight for Tyrion, but who will be his opponent?  Oberyn??