News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Note that Littlefinger knew to pull Sansa out of the middle of things- so he had some kind of foreknowledge. This isn't a spoiler- in the books- I've read all the ones so far- no assassin is named. However, by inference you can deduce who profits from it. Tywin gets rid of some problems by getting rid of Joffrey, so he is a possibility. I guarantee he knows more about everything than he lets on. It might be someone else, but he comes up the most likely. Littlefinger had the hots for Sansa's mom, and shelooks a lot like her mother, so he definitely is interested in her.

There are a lot of side players like Varys that could figure in. He is sometimes a good person or a bad one, and he has an agenda of his own, but you don't know what it is. There are surprises yet to happen. Stay tuned.

josephpalazzo

On replay of that episode, I've noticed that Olenna seems to have removed a crystal from Sansa's necklace, which was given to her by Dontos Hollard, the same guy who pulls Sansa from the wedding after the assassination to lead her to littlefingers. During the wedding, Olenna was sitting close to Joffrey and could have easily dropped the crystal (poison) into the wine glass. But I don't know what Olenna would gain from this, since her daughter was marrying the king. Oh the web we weave!

pioteir

Maybe Tywin plotted this with Olenna, and is pulling Oberyn in to unite the kingdom, stop the sensless killing and chaos and prepare for the ice zombies and dragons both coming their way. King little shit was too random and ... well... psycho for Tywin to control or to stabilize the kingdom.

I'm getting tired of seeing Dany and Arya traveling and traveling and traveling some more. DO SOME SHIT GODDAMIT!!!

Stannis is becoming more and more irritating in his psycho lord-of-light babble, burning people etc. Make some moves or gtfo. The old dude thought of an idea to buy them an army of mercs, we'll see where that gets them. I only hope they won't be travellin' for the rest of the season....
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

stromboli

josephpalazzo

It would make sense that Tywin would plot with Olenna - have Joffrey killed, then get Tommen to marry Margaery. It's a win-win.

Berati

Quote from: stromboli on April 25, 2014, 02:44:04 PM
Note that Littlefinger knew to pull Sansa out of the middle of things- so he had some kind of foreknowledge. This isn't a spoiler- in the books- I've read all the ones so far- no assassin is named. However, by inference you can deduce who profits from it. Tywin gets rid of some problems by getting rid of Joffrey, so he is a possibility. I guarantee he knows more about everything than he lets on. It might be someone else, but he comes up the most likely. Littlefinger had the hots for Sansa's mom, and shelooks a lot like her mother, so he definitely is interested in her.

There are a lot of side players like Varys that could figure in. He is sometimes a good person or a bad one, and he has an agenda of his own, but you don't know what it is. There are surprises yet to happen. Stay tuned.

I agree.
I think it was little finger and I think the old lady had the motivation. She did not want hot Margaery married to a freak who was likely to kill her. She would have needed an insider to pull off the deed and who better than the craftly merciless Baelish. It doesn't hurt that her nick name is The Queen of Thorns.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Berati

Quote from: stromboli on April 25, 2014, 02:44:04 PM
You know, I think Varys might be one of the only truly good guys. Almost everyone one else is morally ambiguous but Varys seems to genuinely want to avoid chaos.
In season one he helps Ned Stark and when asked why he trusts Ned enough to help him he says  "There are few men of honor in the capital. You are one of them. I would like to believe that I am another, strange as that may seem."

Later, when Ned is in the jail cell and asks him who he serves he replies  "The realm, my lord. Someone must."

I can't find anything he has done that is violent or cruel for it's own sake. Sometimes he seems not to help some of the "good" guys (if there are any) but it's  seems it's because he couldn't, not that he didn't want to.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Shiranu

QuoteI can't find anything he has done that is violent or cruel for it's own sake.

His revenge that he shows Tyrion? Granted, it's arguably justified, but it shows he can be dark and down-right evil.

I am putting it on Littlefinger or Shae. Tywinn seems to be playing it really cool but I think that is just how he is and not because he planned this. Littlefinger is obvious candidate, but Shae is this mysterious woman from across the sea who has reason to be angry at certain (all?) Lannisters and who has proven before that she can be very... cold and almost experienced... when it comes to violence. And we never actually saw her leave the capital, who's to say she didn't slip back in and do something?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

All I will say is the shit's going DOWN.   :biggrin:

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: stromboli on April 25, 2014, 11:54:55 PM
All I will say is the shit's going DOWN.   :biggrin:
As opposed to going up?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Berati

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 25, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
On replay of that episode, I've noticed that Olenna seems to have removed a crystal from Sansa's necklace, which was given to her by Dontos Hollard, the same guy who pulls Sansa from the wedding after the assassination to lead her to littlefingers. During the wedding, Olenna was sitting close to Joffrey and could have easily dropped the crystal (poison) into the wine glass. But I don't know what Olenna would gain from this, since her daughter was marrying the king. Oh the web we weave!

Good spot. I didn't notice that but IMO it proves that it was Baelish and Olena working together because Baelish reveals that he gave the necklace to Dontos to give to Sansa.

As to the motive, Olena was very interested to find out what Joffrey was like. Upon finding out he was a monster torturing Sansa, she would have expected him to be as cruel to Margaery so.... Kill him off and set up a marriage to the (hopefully) less crazy younger brother. The two houses still need to merge their power no?
Carl Sagan

wolf39us

Okay so before I read too much into this thread, I want to make sure that anyone here that has read the GoT books to make sure to put spoilers in spoiler tags.

I, among probably most of you, have been watching the television series and will as a result always be behind the books.

The spoiler function is there.. USE IT.

josephpalazzo

Notthesun

TODAY'S EPISODE: Well watching the show you have to pay attention to things happening. Dontos gives her a necklace. Olenna grabs the necklace, says something about killing a man on his wedding day, only a monster would do that. Gem on the necklace goes missing. Olenna sits really close to Joff. The cup is next to her before it is grabbed to give to Joff. As soon as he dies Sansa is taken. She is taken to Littlefinger. She is gone away. It all happens so smoothly. It has to be littlefinger and lady olenna. It was.

Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Shiranu

I like the Tyrells that much more after this episode. They were in my top favourite characters, now they may be my top.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur