News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 02:00:51 AM
I don't know what the Tyrell would gain from it though...
That depends on who's in line for the Throne.  Jamie, perhaps?  Though he doesn't exactly strike me as the kingly type.

Who was that magician from season 1 who tried his best to keep the lion and the wolf at odds?  With no more wolf, the lion grows fat and proud and...powerful.  Far too powerful.  And just as the seven kingdoms knew the fleeting caress of peace.  How untimely.

Jason78

S04E02 - Best GoT Episode ever!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

josephpalazzo

Well, it seems that in GoT, a wedding will lead to the killing of one of the major characters. It happened twice so far, hope this is not a trend.

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 15, 2014, 06:47:44 AM
Well, it seems that in GoT, a wedding will lead to the killing of one of the major characters. It happened twice so far, hope this is not a trend.
Cersei is getting married next.  :)

stromboli

No spoilers, but this season will have some very interesting turns of events, so you really want to watch. I'll wait a day before posting after each episode, so as not to spoil it for any that missed the first airing.

One thing you can say for George Martin, he really doesn't leave you with stereotypical conclusions of issues. Every book ends with a WTF? ending that leaves you with your mouth open and no idea what will happen next. I mean I've been reading all manner of fiction since I was a small boy, and he is not like any other author. He really does leave you clueless and guessing what will happen next.

josephpalazzo

stromboli

Hope you don't think that this is a spoiler, but rather a reminder- Margaery Tyrell is now the queen.

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on April 15, 2014, 04:03:35 PM
Hope you don't think that this is a spoiler, but rather a reminder- Margaery Tyrell is now the queen.

Oh, okay. Didn't realize the crown would carry over to women. This makes me very happy as the Tyrells are the shit, though sad because it means Margery will probably be dead soon :lol:.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 04:28:40 PM
Oh, okay. Didn't realize the crown would carry over to women. This makes me very happy as the Tyrells are the shit, though sad because it means Margery will probably be dead soon :lol:.
I dunno about that.  She's a LOT smarter than she looks.  And handy with a crossbow.  And the Tyrells in general tend to be just as ambitious as the Lannisters but 80% less cruel.  They also tend to be very amiable and inoffensive.  This is a house that excels at court.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on April 15, 2014, 04:03:35 PM
No way, Stannis is the rightful heir to the throne,  :pirate:

Notthesun

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 10, 2014, 01:15:35 PM
It's less "how can I fuck that?" to "my husband is kin to the monster who killed my family and he's hideous and I'm still scared for my life and I don't know if I can even trust him let alone love him".

The moment she ever does anything in the show, I may change my views on her.  But mostly, she's a character who bad stuff happens to.  (apologies to my English teacher)  Aside from soliciting aid and telling the Tyrells the bleeding obvious (lol necklace of sparrow heads) Sansa is almost entirely a reactive character.
She's also a little fucking girl. What the hell do you expect her to do? You want her to operate the way Varys does? She can't. You want her to be all rebel and brave like Arya? She can't. She was never as tough as Arya and Arya has no choice since she's on the run. Give Sansa a break. She is an absolutely beautiful character. I love her. That goes for you to Shiranu! Sansa is amazing.

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 02:00:51 AM
I don't know what the Tyrell would gain from it though...
You're not paying attention...
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

pioteir

Quote from: Notthesun on April 20, 2014, 11:21:20 PM
She's also a little fucking girl. What the hell do you expect her to do? You want her to operate the way Varys does? She can't. You want her to be all rebel and brave like Arya? She can't. She was never as tough as Arya and Arya has no choice since she's on the run. Give Sansa a break. She is an absolutely beautiful character. I love her. That goes for you to Shiranu! Sansa is amazing.

As beautiful as she may be, she's still irritating as fuck.

As for the early departure of the most irritating character in the series, anyone else remebers the yellow-wearing-both-ways-swinging-grudge-carrying Oberyn?

And tell me who didn't have the motive to kill that little cunt. I mean seriously...
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

josephpalazzo

SPOILER ALERT

[spoiler]It's not believable that "little fingers" is really behind the assassination. There's very little for him to gain, lots to lose. I believe that Tywin had the most to win, and most likely was the masterhead. I loved how he told Tommen  that to be wise a king listens to his advisors, and a wise king continues to listen to his advisors, setting himself as a lifetime power behind the king. Later on, he finessed Oberyn to join him. Great stuff.[/spoiler]

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 21, 2014, 08:54:33 AM
SPOILER ALERT

[spoiler]It's not believable that "little fingers" is really behind the assassination. There's very little for him to gain, lots to lose. I believe that Tywin had the most to win, and most likely was the masterhead. I loved how he told Tommen  that to be wise a king listens to his advisors, and a wise king continues to listen to his advisors, setting himself as a lifetime power behind the king. Later on, he finessed Oberyn to join him. Great stuff.[/spoiler]

It gets better. You ain't seen nothing yet. But you are right about Littlefinger.

Berati

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 21, 2014, 08:54:33 AM
SPOILER ALERT

Unless Little Finger made a deal with someone else that may be explained later? Baelish would sell his own mother into slavery if he got something out of it and he is always plotting and scheming.

Joffrey was such an erratic freak that almost everyone has a motive to kill him. i.e. He might kill me next!
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."