Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

[spoil:16vn5jwk]
Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Aroura33"Loved the story Bran tells about the Rat Cook, and how killing someone with guest rights beneath your own roof is the most reprehensible crime in the eyes of the gods.  Murder?  Naw, that's ok if someone did you wrong. Canabalism?  Not a biggie. But murdering someone after feeding them in your own house?  Then your doomed for eternity.
That one actually makes sense.  It's a biggie back in ancient times, story of Lot and all..
[/spoil:16vn5jwk]
I know this, that's why I loved it!  I was afraid they were not going to make this clear in the TV show, because lets face it, a lot of TV viewers are not the brightest people.  I had already seen a lot of forum chatter (over at TWOP) expressing confusion on the scene where the Stark Party is greeted with trays of bread and large bowls of salt.  They didn't get the point.
Even Christians don't often actually understand the morals of their own stories.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hydra009

[spoil:37d2oxy1]
Quote from: "Aroura33"I know this, that's why I loved it!  I was afraid they were not going to make this clear in the TV show, because lets face it, a lot of TV viewers are not the brightest people.  I had already seen a lot of forum chatter (over at TWOP) expressing confusion on the scene where the Stark Party is greeted with trays of bread and large bowls of salt.  They didn't get the point.
Even Christians don't often actually understand the morals of their own stories.
Yep, it's mainly there to tell the viewers that what Frey did would be considered extremely morally repulsive to just about everyone even in the staggeringly sanguinary Westeroes world.[/spoil:37d2oxy1]

Agramon

[spoil:3oul0esz]It just occurred to me that the guy blowing the trumpet...

[youtube:3oul0esz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y51M4totvXQ[/youtube:3oul0esz]

...was Ramsay.[/spoil:3oul0esz]
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Notthesun

Season 4 needs to get here already!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

JonathanG

Quote from: NotthesunSeason 4 needs to get here already!

Book 6 needs to get here already, too!
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.
-Julius Caesar Act I:ii

Hydra009

That's why I've started reading the books.  Daddy needs his fix.

I'm only halfway through the first one, and I've gotta say, they're pretty good.  Fills in a lot of backstory, little details, and character's inner thoughts that you don't get in the TV series.  I also remember things better when I just read it rather than saw it last week.  Or month.  Or year.

I had no idea King Robert (aka King Lard) was so damn awesome back in the day.

Agramon

I really hope they flash back to Robert's Rebellion when he faces off with Rhaegar. I just want to see Robert in full HAMMER SMASH mode.  :-D
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Shiranu

Wore my Stark shirt to class yesterday... I was happy that I got 3, "Oh dude! Nice shirt!"s but at the same time dissapointed that I only got 3, "Oh dude! Nice shirt!"s.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Notthesun

The 6th book needs to get here NOW!

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"Wore my Stark shirt to class yesterday... I was happy that I got 3, "Oh dude! Nice shirt!"s but at the same time dissapointed that I only got 3, "Oh dude! Nice shirt!"s.
No one said [spoil:1f7hqhu6]The Lannisters send their regards[/spoil:1f7hqhu6]
?  Talk about a wasted opportunity.

At the very least, I'd at least inform you that the night is dark and full of terrors.  ^_^

GrinningYMIR

Argh, I don't have HBO, waiting for the DVD to see season 3 ><

Heard it was great though, eager to see the new stuff.

I recently bought the first three books but I haven't had time to read them, hoping to soon though
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

[Season 1 spoilers]
[spoil:2c3sa5l0]Been going through a lot of Game of Thrones videos lately:

[youtube:2c3sa5l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Mp8MzAjAY[/youtube:2c3sa5l0]

I really wish this scene had been in the TV show.

[youtube:2c3sa5l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reepxduMxiU[/youtube:2c3sa5l0]
[youtube:2c3sa5l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lioKGRJi7zo[/youtube:2c3sa5l0]

The lore videos are also really good.  You get to see the rebellion from all sides' perspective.  You really get a sense of how troubled the kingdom was during the reign of the Mad King and even though disparate rebel forces united against him, there were lots of cracks in their alliances, cracks that only widened...[/spoil:2c3sa5l0]

Notthesun

We are less than a month away! Dear God I cannot wait!!!!

Atheon

I want to see if...

[spoil:37uve7bw]Theon Greyjoy really got his penis lopped off.[/spoil:37uve7bw]
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

wolf39us

Waiting so patiently!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk