News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioteir

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 09, 2014, 12:50:52 PM
What I'm hoping in season 4 is a battle of wits between Tywin and Olenna Tyrell (played by the formidable Diana Riggs).

Don't know about You but I think Tyrion is kinda overwhelmed as of late. I'm still waiting for him to show what he's made of.
Also can't wait for Arya's arc to unfold. I haven't read the books so I'd love to see her training to become the faceless assassin. But that's just me.

I don't know if anyone's seen this clip but it's uber accurate if You ask me :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0

Beeewwwwbs!!!
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

josephpalazzo

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen season 4, epi 1

'
'
'
BTW: what happened to the NSFW button???
'
'
'
'
'

Quote from: pioteir on April 09, 2014, 06:06:44 PM
Don't know about You but I think Tyrion is kinda overwhelmed as of late. I'm still waiting for him to show what he's made of.

He doesn't know yet that Cercei knows about his love for Shea. That should create a few sparks.

QuoteAlso can't wait for Arya's arc to unfold. I haven't read the books so I'd love to see her training to become the faceless assassin. But that's just me.

Valar Morghulis

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 08, 2014, 10:08:31 AM
Top five characters, anyone?
5) Jorah Mormont
4) Tyrion Lannister
3) Varys
2) Jaqen H'ghar
1) Stannis Baratheon.  Born of Salt and Fire.  Rightful ruler of Westeroes.

Honorable mentions to Margaery, Brienne, and Olenna Tyrell.

Note the utter lack of Starks.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 10, 2014, 03:00:00 AM

Note the utter lack of Starks.

BLASPHEMY

Signed: Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon

(Jon wasn't available)

Shiranu

Arya is the only Stark I care for (not counting Jon as a Stark, and even then I am "meh" on him).

Yay for more Margaery and Mormont love :D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

There's something to be said about Sansa. She went from, ''yeah I will marry the future king'', to, ''yikes, he's a fucking monster'', to, ''oh, I'm now married to a dwarf, how can I fuck that?''

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 10, 2014, 09:58:14 AM
There's something to be said about Sansa. She went from, ''yeah I will marry the future king'', to, ''yikes, he's a fucking monster'', to, ''oh, I'm now married to a dwarf, how can I fuck that?''
It's less "how can I fuck that?" to "my husband is kin to the monster who killed my family and he's hideous and I'm still scared for my life and I don't know if I can even trust him let alone love him".

The moment she ever does anything in the show, I may change my views on her.  But mostly, she's a character who bad stuff happens to.  (apologies to my English teacher)  Aside from soliciting aid and telling the Tyrells the bleeding obvious (lol necklace of sparrow heads) Sansa is almost entirely a reactive character.

Jason78

Quote from: pioteir on April 09, 2014, 06:06:44 PM
I don't know if anyone's seen this clip but it's uber accurate if You ask me :))

Beeewwwwbs!!!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Damn that's good trailer!

Edit: for spoiler tags
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Surprise! Joffrey's dead. Little nasty man bites the bitter pill. Tyrion gets the blame! Who did it? Gasp! And Shae is gone! Or is she? Oooooh. Better pay attention, boys and girls!

Berati

QuoteTop five characters, anyone?

1. Tyrion
2. Dany Targaryen
3. The Hound
4. Jamie Lanister
5. Jon Snow

Honorable Mentions to Varys, Little Finger, and Stanis/Red Witch

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Shiranu

Nice spoilers (thankfully I watched it about an hour before reading it...).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Fuck, Dany was nowhere in epi 2, what's wrong with those producers?!??!

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on April 14, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
Surprise! Joffrey's dead. Little nasty man bites the bitter pill. Tyrion gets the blame! Who did it? Gasp! And Shae is gone! Or is she? Oooooh. Better pay attention, boys and girls!
Tyrion grabbed the poison cup from Margery's setting.  And she was calling Joffrey over for a toast before Joffrey got distracted with Tyrion.  And wasn't Olenna Tyrell just saying how dreadful it was that a man was killed on his wedding night?  The funny thing about roses is that they're so beautiful that people forget the thorns.  Growing strong.  Growing sharp.

It's positively priceless how well Tyrion is framed for this, but obviously, poison is hardly a crime of passion.  But tell that to Cercei, who already hated him and whose one redeeming quality is the love of her children.  Stiring her to vengeance is like pushing water down a hill.

This assassination was so flawless that I'm surprised I didn't see Jaqen H'gar anywhere.  Though maybe I did and I just didn't know it...

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 14, 2014, 09:04:08 PM
Fuck, Dany was nowhere in epi 2, what's wrong with those producers?!??!
Khaleesi gets enough screen time as it is and wastes far too much of it.  Instead of Stormborn, I'd call her Spring, because she's always marching.

I'm just glad Stannis got a brief scene.  I'm sensing a bit of a fire motif from his faction.  I love how brutally honest he is about everything.  "More than you", "Meat's bad", "Of course I remember", etc.  He's a straight shooter through and through.  I love how he frames the heretics' deaths, not as religious crime but a secular one - "I gave them an order and they disobeyed".  Very shrewd.  I also loved how he didn't answer the question regarding whether or not he could see the heretics' souls.  Maybe he doesn't see anything in the flames...

Shiranu

I don't know what the Tyrell would gain from it though...