Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 22771 times)

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #420 on: August 07, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
She has a name.  :P

Melisandre. Had to say it -- wouldn't want to burn at the stake :D.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

« Reply #421 on: August 07, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »
S7e4

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:46:11 PM by Sylar »
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
I'll be controversial and say that this isn't the best episode so far.  I actually liked the previous episode, 7x03, a little bit more since it had an especially moving final scene.

And aside from the opening episode, all episodes so far have had a huge battle sequence near the end.  Maybe that's why this season is so short - because they're maxing out the effects budget.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:08:11 PM by Hydra009 »

Online Mr.Obvious

« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
I'll be controversial and say that this isn't the best episode so far.  I actually liked the previous episode, 7x03, a little bit more since it had an especially moving final scene.

Blasphemy!
E = Mc²

In the end, we are all standing in the dark,
trying to figure out why we are here.
But let us not choose one direction
without proof of where it is headed.

Check your pocket for matches
so we can observe and learn together
as fast friends and relative idiots.

« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2017, 04:29:46 PM »

« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »
Have you seen the preview? I cannot wait. Saw the preview and immediately called/texted friends so we can have a party and watch it together. We will be playing GOT Risk, make some foods from GOT, and of course watch the new episode.
I wanted "the GoT boardgame" for Christmas one year.  I got the Risk version.  :(

The maps are pretty sweet, but Risk is kinda played out at this point.

My interest in the board game has waned, and the card game looks great, but getting players together might be a problem, especially after the TV show ends.  I don't know if I want to buy a game where I have to teach people that may or may not have much interest in the first place.  And how often could I possibly get a group together?

Hence my enduring wariness of board/card games.  It's a better experience than video games...if you can successfully get a group together that's willing to learn and play, which is often not the case for me.  You have to roll the dice before you roll the dice, if you know what I mean.

« Reply #426 on: August 08, 2017, 02:55:43 AM »

And aside from the opening episode, all episodes so far have had a huge battle sequence near the end.  Maybe that's why this season is so short - because they're maxing out the effects budget.

« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2017, 03:04:57 AM »
I wanted "the GoT boardgame" for Christmas one year.  I got the Risk version.  :(

My interest in the board game has waned, and the card game looks great, but getting players together might be a problem, especially after the TV show ends.  I don't know if I want to buy a game where I have to teach people that may or may not have much interest in the first place.  And how often could I possibly get a group together?

Hence my enduring wariness of board/card games.  It's a better experience than video games...if you can successfully get a group together that's willing to learn and play, which is often not the case for me.  You have to roll the dice before you roll the dice, if you know what I mean.

It's definitely hard to get a group together for board games, especially ones like GoT where interest will eventually wane.

But, they're fun. And, I don't own the game; my friend does.

GOT: The Board Game sounds like a lot of fun, but not sure if any of my friends have it. I will ask. I would prefer it more than Risk I think.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #428 on: August 09, 2017, 05:14:34 AM »

Play me Risk on Pogo.com and I'll teach you a lesson....  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

« Reply #429 on: August 09, 2017, 04:14:55 PM »
Mild 7x4 spoiler:

« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:05:42 PM by Hydra009 »

« Reply #431 on: August 11, 2017, 06:28:40 PM »

« Reply #432 on: August 11, 2017, 06:53:27 PM »
On Facebook there is an image going around that assigns characters a monetary value, and asks people to choose their ultimate squad for $15. I picked Bran. People didn't seem to appreciate him enough though, from the comments I viewed. Even my own friends and cousins did not appreciate him, as no one picked him. I was like... Tywin + Bran would be unstoppable.
I love the $15 challenge!  Let's do it!  I edited your post to avoid any spoilers.  We should be able to post the $15 challenge publicly without spoiling anything for anyone as long as we don't reveal any specifics about the characters.

Team Stannis
The Leader: Stannis the Mannis ($2)
The Magic: Mel ($4)
The Strategist:  Robb Stark ($3)
The Fighter: Brienne ($2)
The Muscle: Khal Drogo ($3)
And one buck left over to hire sellswords.  :)

Could you imagine Brienne fighting alongside Khal Drogo?!  Madness!

Online Mr.Obvious

« Reply #433 on: August 11, 2017, 07:04:45 PM »
2 bucks: stannis baratheon - The leader (Book version, not show version, and must be accomagnied by The onion knight. For a strong moral compas and a sense of duty.)
5 bucks: bran stark - The magic (Knowledge is power.)
3 bucks: rob stark - The strategist (He failed as a leader, but he won all the battles.)
3 arya stark - The fighter (Show version, not book version so far. Probably the strongest and most versatile fighter on the list, don't get why she's not five bucks. She'd be a bargain at five bucks.)
2 the hound - The Muscle (Almost went with Tormund because I like the fucker and would have one buck left to buy candy. But The hound and Arya in one team is a nice enough thought. I think, all in all, the muscle is the least important category and should be cheaped out on.)
E = Mc²

In the end, we are all standing in the dark,
trying to figure out why we are here.
But let us not choose one direction
without proof of where it is headed.

Check your pocket for matches
so we can observe and learn together
as fast friends and relative idiots.

Offline Deidre32

« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2017, 10:31:21 PM »

I'm loving this season so far.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi