"It's amazing that God hasn't judged America"

Started by Hydra009, August 23, 2016, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Cavebear on October 19, 2016, 07:53:28 AM
Suppose there was nodeity (just for laughs), and the 2016 US election turned out to be exctly as it will be.  Where would a deity show up in the run of things?

Decided the election?

Was it at the last minute or a plan all along? 

If so, was there a point?  I mean after all, if it was decided beforehand, was there a reason to cause us all so much grief and waste all that campaign money that could have been put to better purposes (roads, education)?

Is a deity trying to make us waste money?  Why?

Intelligent humans want to know...  ;)

The plan all along of course. If your candidate wins we're being saved. If your candidate loses we're being punished for our impure thoughts. It's a win-win for the goddidit crowd.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

Ah, of course.  Everything turns out the way the theists knew it would.  After the fact, of course...  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Sal1981

I could only stand 27 seconds of the vid in OP. Holy shit, I sometimes wonder how I ever was a believer.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on October 22, 2016, 02:34:21 PM
I could only stand 27 seconds of the vid in OP. Holy shit, I sometimes wonder how I ever was a believer.

I experience that same wonder all the time now.  When I first confessed to myself I was an atheist, it was just a new insight that I had to adjust to, but after several years, I look back at my Christian days and wonder how I could have ever believed in such silly things.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 22, 2016, 11:01:19 AM
Ah, of course.  Everything turns out the way the theists knew it would.  After the fact, of course...  ;)
Yup, pretty much.  That's the same way Hurricane Katrina killing hundreds of Baptists in the Bible Belt was punishment for Massachusetts allowing equal marriage.  You'd think an all-powerful cosmic being would have better aim.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on October 22, 2016, 05:10:27 PM
Yup, pretty much.  That's the same way Hurricane Katrina killing hundreds of Baptists in the Bible Belt was punishment for Massachusetts allowing equal marriage.  You'd think an all-powerful cosmic being would have better aim.
Obama did Katrina!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers