News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Explain what obama did wrong.

Started by Draconic Aiur, August 22, 2016, 04:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

From what I understand, this happened under his direct orders. And while I'm no Constitutional lawyer, I'm pretty sure it violates something or other about the right to due process of law:

QuoteThe acknowledgement came in a letter signed by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sent that day to the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman:

Since 2009, the United States, in the conduct of U.S. counterterrorism operations against al-Qa’ida and its associated forces outside of areas of active hostilities, has specifically targeted and killed one U.S. citizen,

Link to article:http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2014/mar/19/kesha-rogers/four-us-citizens-killed-obama-drone-strikes-3-were/
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2016, 06:46:20 PM
Supporter of Teddy Roosevelt?  No wonder the rump-Taft wing of the Rethuglicans don't like him.
I have to be honest, I never know what the fuck you're talking about.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 24, 2016, 06:51:15 PM
I have to be honest, I never know what the fuck you're talking about.

Bull moose party ... read some American history.

Due process only applies exceptionally ... if the cop doesn't shoot you for looking cross-eyed at him first.  Why should the top cop in the land (the President) not get to kill folks?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on August 23, 2016, 11:51:06 PM
Remember when Obama took all our guns away and locked us all in FEMA camps? And then he allowed illegal immigrants and Muslims to force everyone to get gay married and worship Allah? That shit was crazy.
Yeah, I gathered he is still planning to invade Texas.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2016, 06:36:47 PM
Hope not, Mr Gingerich isn't nice to his SO.
I had a t-shirt with "SHEWT NEWT" cruciform on a bull's-eye.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

I've got one!  He made the Republican party go nuts and kill itself and he did that by being a black Democrat who got elected twice and proved to be unimpeachable.
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on August 25, 2016, 12:38:28 PM
I've got one!  He made the Republican party go nuts and kill itself and he did that by being a black Democrat who got elected twice and proved to be unimpeachable.
Heck, if he had polio they'd have to let him run for a third term.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Holy shit, I just figured out how Republicans could get Obama out of the White House TODAY!  Just call the cops.  He's a black man in a nice house!  OF COURSE they'll assume he's burgling the place and haul his ass away!  You're welcome, Republicans!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on August 25, 2016, 05:26:06 PM
Holy shit, I just figured out how Republicans could get Obama out of the White House TODAY!  Just call the cops.  He's a black man in a nice house!  OF COURSE they'll assume he's burgling the place and haul his ass away!  You're welcome, Republicans!
They're already miffed that he never drives.
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 25, 2016, 06:38:45 PM
They're already miffed that he never drives.
Except at the golf course.  That isn't criminal, but now that Obama likes it, dammit, it should be!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on August 26, 2016, 12:49:56 PM
Except at the golf course.  That isn't criminal, but now that Obama likes it, dammit, it should be!
My wife says that he should come out in favor of oxygen.
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 26, 2016, 12:51:41 PM
My wife says that he should come out in favor of oxygen.
Okay, I got an actual chuckle out of that one.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

The only thing Obama has done wrong is try to be reasonable with the Republicans. The Republicans are not reasonable people; they are a gang of stupid, childish thugs. They oppose Obama because... well, just because. They actually have no reason for their opposition to him, so one can only surmise that it's 1) because he's black and 2) has a (D) after his name. Obama should have spanked them far more often.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca