News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Explain what obama did wrong.

Started by Draconic Aiur, August 22, 2016, 04:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Tell me what Obama do that is not constitutional.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 22, 2016, 04:57:58 PM
There's nothing in the constitution that says a person can be elected if the lunatic right hates him.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

He eradicated the dinosaurs and caused Hurricane Katrina

Hijiri Byakuren

He is guilty of EWB: Existing While Black.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Voted for him twice, hate him forever (well until I get senile and forget him).  Lots of crap is constitutional ... that isn't much of a criteria.  I doubt that Hitler violated the German constitution.

His policies and style suck ... that is enough reason for me to hate him (but not personally).  When he is out of office, I can forget, with some expensive therapy.  I had Hope & Change and got neither.  And I had to vote for someone I didn't like, second time around, because ... Mittens.  Obama would make a good talk show host opposite Oprah, because he talks well ... sometimes.

My opposition has nothing to do with his ancestry, skin color or to support the peanut gallery in Congress.  I disagree with his vision for America, in certain non-negotiable ways.  The vision things I agree with, aren't happening anyway ... and some of them will be reversed eventually ... the status quo doesn't give up easily.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

KUSA

Hydra009

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/12/23/president-obamas-top-10-constitutional-violations-of-2013/#75d93f3241bf

(I'm pretty sure that most if not all of these are bullshit, but I figure we might as well air the other side's actual arguments and see what can be rationally defended and what can't be)

GSOgymrat

One argument is that he is usurping Congress and making laws. This is a two minute summary of a good debate on the topic.

https://youtu.be/JGgM4Ml9Zmc

PickelledEggs

Nonsensei

There's a pretty wide gulf between asking what he did wrong and what he did that is unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional? Probably not much. He's a little too free with those executive orders, but that's about it.

What he did wrong? Could fill a book with that if you go over everything his administration has done over the past 8 years.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

mauricio

He preyed on the cognitive deficiencies of the people with platitudes to generate a false sense of agreement and political unity. His campaign based on the slogan of 'change' in opposition to slogans like "the return to greatness' of trump perpetuate the phantasmagorical battle of progressives vs conservatives. A battle in which the front-lines are drawn over relatively meaningless issues the discussion of which never seem to address the fundamental disagreement and seems poisoned beyond healing in the mainstream political discourse.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on August 23, 2016, 01:11:21 AM
Unconstitutional? Probably not much. He's a little too free with those executive orders, but that's about it.
He's nowhere near the most prolific at that, however.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 23, 2016, 08:53:34 AM
He's nowhere near the most prolific at that, however.

True story bro.

What he did wrong had nothing to do with the constitution. Obama taught constitutional law at Chicago University law school for 12 years. He knows the constitution better than most of the congressmen. His appointment of Eric Holder as Attorney General was a payback favor. Holder continued the DEA's punitive arrests of medical Cannabis users and providers and maintained Cannabis as a dangerous drug. He also made no real effort to pursue the Wall Street scions and bankers who were responsible for the housing bubble crash. Had he done so, it would have sent a very strong message to them.

Obama has also not followed up with support of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, another Wall Street/banker watchdog that has not been pursued and developed as it should be. Obama has painted himself more as a friend to Wall Street than a watchdog. IMO the biggest failure of his administration.

Even though the majority of U.S. citizens are in favor of medical Cannabis and the AMA and American Pediatric Association, among others, backed the rescheduling of Cannabis, he has done nothing to this point to further that effort. If anything he has stalled on it. My attitude about him is that he is a politician first and a reformer second. He has not shit in any of the power brokers nests, to say the least. And Hillary will probably follow suit if she is elected.

Blackleaf

You know, I hated Obama when he was elected. But I actually started to like him last year after I saw his interviews with Youtubers like Swoozie. I do think that he does what he believes is right, and he has helped this country in many ways, much to the denial of Republicans. Now that we're likely to get either Mrs. Email or Mr. Wall to take his place, I wish that Obama would pull a Roosevelt and stay a few more terms. At least long enough for America to get its shit together and think about why, in a nation of 318.9 million people, those two were the best we could find to replace him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

But will we ever know the really important stuff, like...

[spoiler]"Boxers or briefs?"[/spoiler]
PZ Myers