News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So Okay, So, Let's Review........

Started by stromboli, June 03, 2013, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Let's see..... forum went down- again. Reggie bailed, we rallied round, did the math, went GoDaddy. lost a bunch of posts and history. Thinkinguniverse.org suddenly got fat with members and now I am posting on two (2) forums instead of one. Several of us are now a bit lighter in the wallet. And we have new members coming in and going WTF? and shaking their heads. We are now redoing all the subject matter that we lost and Turkey is in flames. Did I miss anything?

And its only Monday. Wow.  :shock:

WitchSabrina

You missed that my sewing machine has been repaired and ready to be picked up and paid for.  But it's ok you missed it. I only found out myself about a half hour ago when they called.  Nothing like an unexpected $139.00 charge to fix what is basically a fucking brand new machine.

*groan, hiss, moan*

I need coffee.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

Don't tell me- you got a Swedish made Serger, or something? You can buy a brand new Brother cheapo model for $89 at Walmart. And on a personal note- thanks, Bri.

(edit) Not a Serger. A sewing machine.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"Don't tell me- you got a Swedish made Serger, or something? You can buy a brand new Brother cheapo model for $89 at Walmart. And on a personal note- thanks, Bri.

(edit) Not a Serger. A sewing machine.

Nope - my family got me a brand new Singer Curvy for Xmas.  Two weeks ago is the first chance I've had to touch it.  Didn't work - timing was off.   (Grrrrr)  Singer only offers a 90 day warranty.  Well, hells bells if I'd known that I'd have at least tried it.  My mistake for not giving it a whirl.  So........  $139 outta pocket, dammit.   Actually, between you and me I really don't think they should have charged me $139 to fix the timing.   Had I know they were going to charge that much I'd have flipped the fucker over, wrangle a screw driver and tweaked it my own damn self.  
Grrrrr

stromboli

The old school mentality- fix it first yourself if you can. In some ways, warranties are a scam. They force you to go to the originator for service and generally terminate about the time the machine does. Hate that.

aitm

Quote from: "stromboli"Did I miss anything?

I had a pretty good bowel movement, does that count?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "aitm"

I had a pretty good bowel movement, does that count?

Sure. I think everyone should give a personal Update.   :rollin:

stromboli

the_antithesis

I wear a hat now. It's not easy finding a hat in this town, let me tell you. But I found a haberdasher that still uses mercury. Of course, he was nailing mice to his counter when I walked in. But it's good quality work.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "the_antithesis"

I wear a hat now. It's not easy finding a hat in this town, let me tell you. But I found a haberdasher that still uses mercury. Of course, he was nailing mice to his counter when I walked in. But it's good quality work.

stromboli

There is a local guy that does hats. Unfortunately, everything he sells starts with the word "cowboy".