Islamist Anjem Choudary convicted in the UK.

Started by mauricio, August 18, 2016, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauricio

Quote from: pr126 on August 19, 2016, 05:19:01 AM
Absolutely.
But it is OK, because people don't want the truth. It is too disturbing.

and how do you know they are lying? And I'm talking about this 2 specific Muslims in this specific interview.

stromboli

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2016, 01:50:10 PM
That was a nifty way to get out of saying you don't belittle Moderate Muslims... insist they are non-existent without actually saying it and implying you are only speaking "facts", when you don't know the people's reasoning at all. Of course the very act of implying they don't exist or are just religiously lying as part of a grand conspiracy instead of being just normal people who don't like extremism is in itself belittling... as is implying that you know what they mean and they don't... but ya know, whatever....

The problem with moderate Muslims, Shiranu, is that every Muslim is moderate until circumstances dictate otherwise. It is no different than a bunch of Puritans sitting mildly in church every Sunday until someone convinces them a witch is among them and they light torches and grab pitchforks. Distrust obliged society to put Japanese Americans into internment camps out of fear. The issue is trust- and too many otherwise moderate Muslims become radicalized by the internet or some other method.

Which is precisely what terrorists want, I realize. but the Koran still has scriptures that justify terrorist actions and there are still otherwise "peaceful" Imams and leaders like Choudary, that have radicalized Muslims and sent them to join ISIS. I get my gas at a 7-11 owned and run by a Muslim. Don't say anything bad to him, he's nice to me. But I can see a wariness in his eyes and there are people who are less than civil to him. Until there is some ironclad, hidebound guarantee that that particular fellow isn't going to strap a bomb to himself and blow up a mall, that innate distrust will always be there. So don't expect the rank and file of the U.S.A. to suddenly start giving flowers to Muslims or going out of their way to help them. Until Muslims start burning Korans by the bushel full, that aura of suspicion will remain.

pr126

Moderate Muslims for now. (Although not as many as you think they are.)

But here is something to think about. Suppose there is a full scale war breaking out, say Iran or a terrorist proxy uses a WMD.
All those moderate Muslims ( the umma) will have to chose sides. With millions in infidel countries.
Which side will they chose?
The infidel's side? I think not.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 20, 2016, 07:14:46 AM
Moderate Muslims for now. (Although not as many as you think they are.)

But here is something to think about. Suppose there is a full scale war breaking out, say Iran or a terrorist proxy uses a WMD.
All those moderate Muslims ( the umma) will have to chose sides. With millions in infidel countries.
Which side will they chose?
The infidel's side? I think not.

This is why if the EU goes to war with Argentina (Britain already did twice) ... then all the Germans in Germany have to be killed, just in case?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.