Islamist Anjem Choudary convicted in the UK.

Started by mauricio, August 18, 2016, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

End freedom of speech?
End freedom of religion?
Liberalism is suicide?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mauricio

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM
End freedom of speech?
End freedom of religion?
Liberalism is suicide?

shit is complicated. But if liberalism survives Muslim assimilation (among other things like the constant threat of corporate corruption and native authoritarians) then you will get a multicultural society which allows individual self determination while still being able to preserve itself and it's core values.

pr126

Q: Was Anjem Choudary preaching anything contrary to the Islamic scriptures?

A: Not at all. Everything he said is authentic, verifiable Islamic Law.

But we don't want you to know that.
Islam is peace and tolerance. That is all you need to hear.

Shiranu

QuoteNo, I do not think it is "whining", simply posting an article I happen to agree with.

Yep. Never bitch and whine when Muslims don't fit your agenda, they are all just part of a grand conspiracy.

Totally two different things.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

@Shiranu

You cannot separate the ideology from the people who are holding it.
When someone criticises Islam, it is automatically hating Muslims.
You do this automatically, without a thought.
A Pavlovian reflex.

Do you do this for other ideologies, or just Islam?

I understand when Muslims do this, that's  because Islam is their identity, so for them it is a personal attack.

mauricio

Quote from: pr126 on August 19, 2016, 12:18:34 AM
Taqiyya.

are you accusing the Muslims on the video of deliberately lying to protect/propagate islam?

pr126

Quote from: mauricio on August 19, 2016, 04:24:07 AM
are you accusing the Muslims on the video of deliberately lying to protect/propagate islam?
Absolutely.
But it is OK, because people don't want the truth. It is too disturbing.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM
End freedom of speech?
End freedom of religion?
Liberalism is suicide?
Wherever Islam rules, there is no freedom of speech, no freedom of religion.
Liberals cannot understand that. That answers the third question.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on August 19, 2016, 05:19:01 AM
Absolutely.
But it is OK, because people don't want the truth. It is too disturbing.

"I'm not attacking them, I'm attacking Islam! You gotta learn to separate the two!"

---one post later---

"I am directly attacking them, but people don't want the truth!"

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2016, 07:22:33 AM
"I'm not attacking them, I'm attacking Islam! You gotta learn to separate the two!"

---one post later---

"I am directly attacking them, but people don't want the truth!"

Stating a fact doesn't mean an attack. Well, maybe to you.

Takiyya (lying) is allowed in the service of Islam.  Fact.

Understanding Taqiyya ― Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah
QuoteThe word "Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing, precaution, guarding.” It is employed in disguising one's beliefs, intentions, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions or strategies. In practical terms it is manifested as dissimulation, lying, deceiving, vexing and confounding with the intention of deflecting attention, foiling or pre-emptive blocking. It is currently employed in fending off and neutralising any criticism of Islam or Muslims.

Falsehoods told to prevent the denigration of Islam, to protect oneself, or to promote the cause of Islam are sanctioned in the Qur'an and Sunna, including lying under oath in testimony before a court, deceiving by making distorted statements to the media such as the claim that Islam is a “religion of peace”. A Muslim is even permitted to deny or denounce his faith if, in so doing, he protects or furthers the interests of Islam, so long as he remains faithful to Islam in his heart.

Anjem Choudary did not use takiyya. He was telling the truth about Islam.
Was he a hate preacher?  Would Islam preach hate? Emphatically, yes.

"Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone" . Quran 60:4

Shiranu

That was a nifty way to get out of saying you don't belittle Moderate Muslims... insist they are non-existent without actually saying it and implying you are only speaking "facts", when you don't know the people's reasoning at all. Of course the very act of implying they don't exist or are just religiously lying as part of a grand conspiracy instead of being just normal people who don't like extremism is in itself belittling... as is implying that you know what they mean and they don't... but ya know, whatever....