News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Is A Danger To Your Soul

Started by stromboli, August 11, 2016, 09:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nonsensei

I like how literally all of these "evil" themes can also be found in regular television and movies, but these nutjobs don't seem to care about that.

Come to think of it, anime can be pretty tame compared to regular TV and movies.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hydra009

Quote from: Nonsensei on August 14, 2016, 01:26:18 AMI like how literally all of these "evil" themes can also be found in regular television and movies, but these nutjobs don't seem to care about that.

Come to think of it, anime can be pretty tame compared to regular TV and movies.
They tend to go nuts with fanservice, but yeah, generally speaking, anime tends to shy away from graphic violence, drugs, and explicit sex.  Ironically, the Bible itself is pretty far up there in terms of violence.  Being a super religious Christian and being against violent fiction seems kinda self-defeating.

stromboli

Lol, send the author some tentacle rape videos or nuns gettin' jiggy with demons. That ought to rock her world.

barearth82

I run the religion/philosophy section at a book store and this reminds me of a book called "pied Piper of atheism" about the golden compass and his dark materials books by Philip Pullman. People need to get a fucking life.

mauricio

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2016, 02:25:06 AM
They tend to go nuts with fanservice, but yeah, generally speaking, anime tends to shy away from graphic violence, drugs, and explicit sex.  Ironically, the Bible itself is pretty far up there in terms of violence.  Being a super religious Christian and being against violent fiction seems kinda self-defeating.

that reminds me of alex from the clockwork orange and his delight in imagining himself as perpetrator of the brutality in the bible.

mauricio

>trusting in your own power

So apparently being self-reliant is a bad thing. This toxic elements of Christianity make our societies weak.