If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

I can't understand when people talk as if they know there is no God or Higher power.  But yet can't explain the natural phenomena that happens everyday in front of them.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

pr126

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM
I can't understand when people talk as if they know there is no God or Higher power.  But yet can't explain the natural phenomena that happens everyday in front of them.

Oh dear. Another chew toy. Pile in heathens!

Oh and wellcome to hell.

First, look up "argument from ignorance".

g2perk

So there is no higher power. Is that what you are saying.

GSOgymrat

Let's say that some supernatural intelligence created the universe and we call it God. What does that tell us? It doesn't mean God still exists. It doesn't mean the universe provides any information about God, a computer circuit tells use nothing about human beings. It doesn't mean God cares about human life, much less the concerns of an individual human. God created the universe, if true, provides no useful information. Eventually faith in a personal God rests on faith.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:33:33 PM

Yep--no higher power, no lower power, no middle power.  There are no gods; never were and never will be.  Your god is simply a fiction.  If not, maybe you could supply us with a few facts?

Explain life?  Read about evolution to get a good start.  And just because one does not know how something works does not make 'god did it' legitimate--just lazy.  Good luck in your quest for god and facts fitting together in any way.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Everyone evolves but from what is the question.

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 17, 2016, 02:22:59 PM
Yep--no higher power, no lower power, no middle power.  There are no gods; never were and never will be.  Your god is simply a fiction.  If not, maybe you could supply us with a few facts?

Explain life?  Read about evolution to get a good start.  And just because one does not know how something works does not make 'god did it' legitimate--just lazy.  Good luck in your quest for god and facts fitting together in any way.
You can read any book you want on God and or life but until you experience God you don't know him. I knew about Michael Jackson doesn't mean I could walk up to his house and he would of let me in. 

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Which natural phenomena are you concerned with?

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:33:33 PM

There certinally isn't any verifiable evidence for any higher power.

Unless maybe you're talking about something like SCOTUS or energised high tension lines...

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 02:28:03 PM
Everyone evolves but from what is the question.

You evolved from your parents. They evolved from theirs. Way before that you and the chimp in the zoo both evolved from ancestors descended from a common ancestor. Before that you share an ancestor with other primates, then other mammals, then amphibians, then fish and so on all the way back to a common ancestor of all life on Earth.

If you are asking how the first life arose then insisting it required a higher power then please tell us what it is about life that is so special that it requires a higher power.   

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

g2perk

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 17, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
Let's say that some supernatural intelligence created the universe and we call it God. What does that tell us? It doesn't mean God still exists. It doesn't mean the universe provides any information about God, a computer circuit tells use nothing about human beings. It doesn't mean God cares about human life, much less the concerns of an individual human. God created the universe, if true, provides no useful information. Eventually faith in a personal God rests on faith.
Lets start with something simple. Thy shall not kill. If it was not for the bible would it be okay to kill. If not how would you know?

g2perk

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 17, 2016, 03:59:29 PM
Which natural phenomena are you concerned with?

There certinally isn't any verifiable evidence for any higher power.

Unless maybe you're talking about something like SCOTUS or energised high tension lines...

You evolved from your parents. They evolved from theirs. Way before that you and the chimp in the zoo both evolved from ancestors descended from a common ancestor. Before that you share an ancestor with other primates, then other mammals, then amphibians, then fish and so on all the way back to a common ancestor of all life on Earth.

If you are asking how the first life arose then insisting it required a higher power then please tell us what it is about life that is so special that it requires a higher power.
Your brain. Does anything that you say you evolved from have the exact brain like humans. Please inform me.

Unbeliever

The words 'god' and 'God' convey no meaning, since we could call the four natural forces 'gods,' and the unified force that existed in the very early universe 'God' if we like, and we wouldn't necessarily be wrong. But why call it that? The forces, either separately or collectively, have no discernible agency, intention or personality. This 'God' the Christians worship also has no discernible agency, since it seems to rely on the natural forces and random chance to act, with seemingly no will, intention or personality.

Many humans claim to know "God's will" in order to push their agendas, when in reality (there's that pesky word!):
1. No God exists
2. A non-existent God cannot have a will
3. No human can know the "will of God," since by (1) and (2) no will of God exists.

QuoteBut yet can't explain the natural phenomena that happens everyday in front of them.

This is the basic argument from ignorance, assuming that because we don't know how something happened God must've done it. But even if we admitted God did it, we still wouldn't have an explanation, we'd end all possibility of explanation.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

g2perk

For one you talk as if you believe in GOD. Let me tell you why...because you are so willing to dispute that he doesn't exist. How do you know? Who told you he doesn't? Is it because you don't get what you ask for...lol.Then that must mean some parents don't exist either....

REALLY.....lol

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 04:09:22 PM
Your brain. Does anything that you say you evolved from have the exact brain like humans. Please inform me.

You are kinda missing the point of evolution here. Human brains evolved from the (usually) smaller brains of our distant ancestors. Their brains evolved from more primitive brains all the way down to nerve clusters which evolved from a single nerve which evolved as a specialized cell in a simple but multicellular organisms due to a random mutation to a different kind of cell.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.