Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Imam Shot and Killed in Queens, New York

Started by Shiranu, August 13, 2016, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2016, 03:04:01 AM
Shiranu,
You are ignoring the most hateful ideology on the planet: Islam.
Read the Islamic texts. The Quran, hadiths, sira.

Plenty there to entertain you.

Implying "Most Hateful Ideology" is something that could be quantifiable.

Also, have read the Qu'ran. It is shit, but no worse than the Bible or the Torah.

You want a really hateful text, why don't you go read Anders Breivik's "2083 - A European Declaration of Independence" manifesto? Now there is an ideology that is 100% hateful from cover-to-cover, with not an inch of redeeming happy bits in it.

I'm sure you have a signed 1st addition laying around knowing you, really... give it a crack. I think you will enjoy it.

Edit: OH SHIT, I almost forgot... how did I do in the game? Did I do it right? Are you scared of Mexicans yet? You should be.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Did I mention that Shiranu is the authority on social justice? Well he is.

Sent from your mom.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on August 13, 2016, 09:01:03 PM
Implying New York isn't full of right wing lunatics? Do you forget that New York has a recent history of Jews and Muslims ( and Sikhs) being assaulted for looking "like terrorists"?
I will not only imply it, I will verify that it it full of left wing people. Like I said. I frequent NYC almost bi-weekly. I live only a short commute away. I know NYC very well and also the type of people that inhabit it. The people are vast, which means the range of possible motives are vast.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2016, 03:39:00 AM
@Shiranu

Bigotry, you say.  Read all about it!

Islam: Religion of Bigots

Pointing your finger at everyone else will not make your sins disappear.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2016, 03:49:53 AM
Pointing your finger at everyone else will not make your sins disappear.
Not everyone else. Just Islam, the ideology.
I have no problems with "everyone else".

That is no sin.

You dislike Christianity. Is that a sin? Is that bigotry? No? Then why is it bigotry for disliking Islam?

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2016, 03:10:20 AM
Implying "Most Hateful Ideology" is something that could be quantifiable.

Also, have read the Qu'ran. It is shit, but no worse than the Bible or the Torah.

You want a really hateful text, why don't you go read Anders Breivik's "2083 - A European Declaration of Independence" manifesto? Now there is an ideology that is 100% hateful from cover-to-cover, with not an inch of redeeming happy bits in it.

I'm sure you have a signed 1st addition laying around knowing you, really... give it a crack. I think you will enjoy it.

Edit: OH SHIT, I almost forgot... how did I do in the game? Did I do it right? Are you scared of Mexicans yet? You should be.

Not many Mexicans in the U.K. Too far to swim. [strawman]

You lost the game. Too many tu quoque, non-sequiturs, gross generalisations and straw men.

QuoteAlso, have read the Qu'ran. It is shit, but no worse than the Bible or the Torah.

Really?

I don't see Christians or Jews with bombs, machetes, guns, rape, enslaving, enforcing their religion.
Imposing something similar to sharia ... with forcing Muslims to pay protection money for example.
Stoning women to death who have been raped. Or throwing homosexuals of high buildings, or by cutting off hand and feet of thieves.
Blowing up ancient monuments and killing their custodians in the name of their god.
Cutting the throats of imams in mosques.
Abolishing democracy and human rights especially freedom of and from religion.
Does the Christian god promising a celestial whorehouse if they kill anyone with a different faith?

Because all that and more is in the Torah and the new Testament according to you.

Christians and Jews ignore all those commandments that you have allegedly found in the bible and the Torah.
Otherwise, we would see Christians and Jews doing all those things just like the Mohammedans do.

But they don't. So you are wrong again.
Anything similar in the bible or Torah? Feel free to post them.

"The recompense of those who fight Allah and His messenger, and seek to make corruption in the land, is that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from alternate sides or that they be banished from the land; that is their disgrace in this world and in the Hereafter they will have a great torment." (Qur'an 5:33)

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Quran 9:5)

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled. (Quran 9:29)*

For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not.
(Quran 8:22)

* Actually, in Arabic it is kill  Ù,َتÙ'Ù,,  in the verse, but translators have toned it down to fight.

Does the bible command eternal holy war until all humanity is Christian? (Q 8:39, 2:193)

Nonsensei

Quote from: ShiranuDamn it, Batman, you figured me out! I post these unpopular opinions because I enjoy the abuse, I enjoy being ostracized, I enjoy being proven right and suddenly everyone is silent and pretends the event never happened! It gives me the greatest of jollies! You truly are the greatest detective!

Or, you know, it's possible to be pissed off that someone got murdered AND have an opinion on the why. There is a bit of a difference there between that and callously justifying them getting murdered because, "Meh, it was probably another one of "those people" who killed them anyways. Who cares?".

But if you are more focused on attacking me rather than someone justifying murder, then by all means swing away. That is only a terrible reflection of your character and is no skin off my back.

Eckh, let me put it more shortly...

Statement A - "I am pissed off this person got killed, and bigotry is why I think it happened."
Statement B - "They were murdered... but are you sure it wasn't one of "their kind" that did it?"

Aright first of all, if you think pointing out a glaring flaw in your premise is an attack on you, then maybe you need to take some time out in your safe space and come back when you're thinking more clearly. Where are we right now Shiranu? Is this not a forum for skeptics? If I see a glaring flaw in your reasoning I am not going to refrain from pointing it out and its not an attack to do so.

Second, you didn't just get pissed off about murder and merely have an opinion on why. You used that (so far) fictional scenario you invented WITHOUT EVIDENCE to push a narrative that suggested that Americans at large are becoming more hateful towards Muslims. You tried to paint a picture that Muslims are IN DANGER of being shot or something just like this Imam. You may not have come right out and stated it implicitly but that was the general though being presented.

Sadly for you I read the article, and it states that there are 12-13 crimes that target Muslims specifically per month and most of them are petty shit like vandalism. This is, just for clarity, in a country where there are 1,200 to 1,600 crimes a month. In my humble opinion this is not sufficient cause to sound the klaxon of doom.

I guess what really kills me the most is that you seem blind to the fact that someone gets murdered in NYC every day, on average, but you decided to focus on this one because of its potential to become a juicy story about how Americans are just so darn hateful that they're gunning down Muslims in the street now!

Oh those other murders? Nah who cares? They're just black people, after all.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

Been to New York. When you get propositioned by a hooker in an evening gown that is taller than you and has a 5 o'clock shadow, you can kind of assume anything is possible. Including racism and hatred of other religions. Spend a few hours in Times Square. You can see a multicultural mashup like few places on earth.

Shiranu when we say something to the effect that Islam is the core problem with terrorism you get righteously indignant. But you are implying the same thing by assuming that the motive was against Islam specifically as a hate crime. I'll join the chorus on this one. Anything is possible in NYC.

PickelledEggs

I've met Claudia too, stromboli!

Sent from your mom.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 14, 2016, 01:37:21 AM
Although, if we know anything about shiranu, he's going to pretend that everything we say has zero merit and that he has full authority on social justice
qft

(yes. I know I just quoted myself)

stromboli

Lol. This is how bad New York city is
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/summer-heat-nyc-flying-cockroach_us_57af9510e4b071840411a9cc?

rising heat could get cockroaches airborne. Cockroaches have been around since prehistoric times, tough buggers. Happy times ahead in New York.

PickelledEggs

I was almost stabbed by a girl near NYU. At the time, it was the weirdest experience of my life. Since then, I've seen shirtless women in Union Square, hordes of drunken Santas/Mrs. Clauses, a crack addict talking to me about Sigmund Frued... his drug addiction as well as his psychology, I saw a guy shit on the sidewalk, I got offered "service" from a lady of the evening and also from a pimp, I've talked to celebrities in coffee shops, I've exchanged dirty jokes with a homeless guy and even wrote one of them down for him....

NYC is truly a place of opportunity, where anything can happen...

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2016, 02:12:20 AMDamn it, Batman, you figured me out! I post these unpopular opinions because I enjoy the abuse, I enjoy being ostracized, I enjoy being proven right and suddenly everyone is silent and pretends the event never happened! It gives me the greatest of jollies! You truly are the greatest detective!

Or, you know, it's possible to be pissed off that someone got murdered AND have an opinion on the why. There is a bit of a difference there between that and callously justifying them getting murdered because, "Meh, it was probably another one of "those people" who killed them anyways. Who cares?".
So far, we have a murder and the motive is unknown.  You have jumped to a conclusion and ran with it as if it were self-evident.  This is why people have been objecting to your OP and rightfully so, imo.  You might be right, you might not be right, but it's a premature conclusion to reach.  And misconstruing people pointing that out as "justifying them getting murdered" is a big reason why you're getting flak.