News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Imam Shot and Killed in Queens, New York

Started by Shiranu, August 13, 2016, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I thought it was one of the wraith things from Harry Potter...

Shiranu

'Murican Muslims be scary, yo.

Edit: Just realised that was before she got her hand tattoos...

Much better.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on August 16, 2016, 12:02:00 AM

'Murican Muslims be scary, yo.

Edit: Just realised that was before she got her hand tattoos...

Much better.
That's nice. And I agree that not all muslims are scary. Most in the U.S. aren't. This has nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that a muslim guy was shot. What was the motive? You don't know that it was because he was muslim, unless the news changed.

Shiranu

QuoteThat's nice. And I agree that not all muslims are scary. Most in the U.S. aren't. This has nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that a muslim guy was shot. What was the motive? You don't know that it was because he was muslim, unless the news changed.

Yeah, that was a complete side tangent above with nothing to do with the topic. I was just still in a "finding it funny" mood of wishing I had used a Nazghul that looked like it was in a burqa now :(.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Why don't we need to post photos of moderate "not scary" Christian, Jew, Hindu, Sikh, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Confucians, Shinto, Animist?

Because the concept would be ridiculous.

Indeed, there are many "not scary" MINO (Muslims In Name Only) in the world who are ignoring or unaware of the dogmas of their religion.

But unfortunately, they are doing nothing at all to stop the "tiny minority" from  hijacking the noble peaceful religion.

Of course, I do understand that they can't.
Because the texts are with the "tiny minority", and it could be very bad for health to do so.

What no politician, educator, mainstream media would ever say publicly, that maybe, just maybe Islam is NOT a religion of peace, but a "religion of war.

1400 years of Islamic jihad history is airbrushed out of existence.
Winston Smith was doing a lot of overtime in the Ministry of Truth.

Shiranu

QuoteWhy don't we need to post photos of moderate "not scary" Christian, Jew, Hindu, Sikh, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Confucians, Shinto, Animist?

Didn't need to post them, I just find them sexy and wanted an excuse ;).

Pakistani and Lithuanian/Polish? You doin' it right, genetics. You doin' it real right.

Sal1981

Quote from: pr126 on August 16, 2016, 01:05:08 AM
Why don't we need to post photos of moderate "not scary" Christian, Jew, Hindu, Sikh, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Confucians, Shinto, Animist?

Because the concept would be ridiculous.

Indeed, there are many "not scary" MINO (Muslims In Name Only) in the world who are ignoring or unaware of the dogmas of their religion.

But unfortunately, they are doing nothing at all to stop the "tiny minority" from  hijacking the noble peaceful religion.

Of course, I do understand that they can't.
Because the texts are with the "tiny minority", and it could be very bad for health to do so.

What no politician, educator, mainstream media would ever say publicly, that maybe, just maybe Islam is NOT a religion of peace, but a "religion of war.

1400 years of Islamic jihad history is airbrushed out of existence.
Winston Smith was doing a lot of overtime in the Ministry of Truth.
You almost seem to WANT the Muslims to adhere to their backwards religion. I, for one, am glad they do not follow the tenets of their own religion. Sure, makes them not True Muslimsâ,,¢, but isn't it better that they live, by and large, according to secular and liberal values?

pr126

QuoteYou almost seem to WANT the Muslims to adhere to their backwards religion.
Where did you get that idea from?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on August 16, 2016, 08:41:24 AM
Where did you get that idea from?

Because you whine every time a muslim isn't chopping someone's head off for criticizing the koran.

pr126

Do I? Could you show a post please where I am doing this?
Thanks in advance.

PickelledEggs

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 16, 2016, 03:03:56 PM
Maybe I misunderstood your posts that are like this?: http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=9932.0
No, I do not think it is "whining", simply posting an article I happen to agree with.

The article is quite self-explanatory.

Americans are generally unaware of what is happening in western Europe.
This will not end well for Europeans, and in time for Americans too.
You could take it as a warning.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on August 17, 2016, 01:35:02 AM
No, I do not think it is "whining", simply posting an article I happen to agree with.

The article is quite self-explanatory.

Americans by generally unaware of what is happening in western Europe.
This will not end well for Europeans, and in time for Americans too.
You could take it as a warning.

Ah. ok.

pr126

NY man in court charged with murdering Muslim cleric, assistant
QuoteAuthorities said on Tuesday that the suspect's motive remained unclear, and the possibility it was a hate crime was one theory being explored.

Quote"Everybody is very upset," Uddin said, adding that he believes it was a hate crime. "These two people here being killed at one time? What's the reason? There's only one reason (and) that's the hate crime."
Obviously.
And Trump.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on August 17, 2016, 01:35:02 AM
Americans are generally unaware of what is happening in western Europe.

And Europeans do?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp