Author Topic: what would be an actually good reason to believe in a god.  (Read 14590 times)

Re: what would be an actually good reason to believe in a god.
« Reply #675 on: May 18, 2017, 06:55:30 PM »
what would be an actually good reason to believe in a god.

I could only believe in a god if they believed in themselves. I'm not a fan of deities with low self-esteem.

Quote from: Jakeness
if you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #676 on: May 18, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
And even within the same religion.  Christianity has so many sects that there really is not a set of universal rules for them.

See what happens when you don't understand Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Aramaic and Judeo-Greek?  Stupid gentiles!
שלום

Offline Baruch

« Reply #677 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »
I could only believe in a god if they believed in themselves. I'm not a fan of deities with low self-esteem.

Zeus is more of a party animal, often hiding in animal form.  Such a Greek fraternity guy!  Not ... toga, toga ... but chiton, chiton ... the toga is Latin, not Greek.  Jupiter wears a toga.
שלום

« Reply #678 on: May 18, 2017, 11:18:55 PM »
a predator eating its prey alive (which happens quite often; they only bite the neck if they have to) and see how they try to worm out of God "intelligently designing" animals to behave that way.
parked a couple times at the junky Shell truck stop in Santa Nella. There was a sparrow that made a nest on the top of a telephone pole and a crow decided it wanted to eat the baby birds. It picked one up and pinned it down with its claw and proceeded to eat its belly while the baby was flapping its wings and flopping its head around. After it finished with the first it dropped the second one on the ground and ate its belly as well. I saw the baby afterward, the head and wings had not been touched; just the belly...

just another day in a world created by a god of love
god is never early, but he is never late either... so true, so true; but I would rather have him show up late than to not show up at all. When was the last time god showed up for anything??? uh never

Offline Baruch

« Reply #679 on: May 19, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »
parked a couple times at the junky Shell truck stop in Santa Nella. There was a sparrow that made a nest on the top of a telephone pole and a crow decided it wanted to eat the baby birds. It picked one up and pinned it down with its claw and proceeded to eat its belly while the baby was flapping its wings and flopping its head around. After it finished with the first it dropped the second one on the ground and ate its belly as well. I saw the baby afterward, the head and wings had not been touched; just the belly...

just another day in a world created by a god of love

I love to predate too.  Not many Gandhis out there.
שלום

« Reply #680 on: Today at 02:18:06 AM »
I believe that God is the positive energy and Satan is the negative energy.