News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is window condensation a negative element?

Started by Michael M Perez, August 10, 2016, 04:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

I keep one of the windows in my bedroom open all the time. Is that bad? Or should I only keep it open for irregular air circulation, instead of constant air circulation? It's an old house with too air-tight insulation and doesn't "breathe".

huit

You could get a lot of good air vents since it is too cold to leave windows open in winter.

widdershins

As a fully qualified and certified atheist who is currently a minister in both non-denominational Christian faith (it was the '90s and an internet ordination was what all the cool kids were doing) and atheism (it was a couple of years ago and it felt like the '90s all over again, except this time cool) I feel I am uniquely qualified to answer questions about condensation.

No, condensation is not harmful to you in the least.  You can buy distilled water from the store for drinking.  Distilled water is condensation.  It is perfectly natural and healthy.  However, having excessive moisture in an area for a prolonged time is healthy for other, smaller thing such as mold and mildew.  Those things are not good for you.
This sentence is a lie...

Munch

just make sure to clean around the windows every few months to stop any build up.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin