News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is window condensation a negative element?

Started by Michael M Perez, August 10, 2016, 04:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael M Perez

Recently I happened to read a blog which says that (https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/is-window-condensation-a-negative-element-in-the-home/) condensation is negative. I would like to know if it is harmful for health. Need more input in this regard from aethists out there.

Baruch

Condensation occurs in the presence of humidity and low temperature.  In homes it leads to mildew, which is bad for you.  Where I live, if your house gets black fungus ... they have to tear it down, it can't be saved  On the other hand, most of the time, condensation is a frog's best friend ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Most every window gets some condensation. It really depends on how bad it gets and whether it dries up quickly or not. Window construction plays a role too..
There are just too many variables to across the board declare window condensation to be a negative.  It could be your home just has very poor air circulation.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

QuoteNeed more input in this regard from atheists out there.
Why is the input from the atheist important to you?   

Is the opinion on windows condensation from atheist differ from the theist? Where is the connection?

aitm

I am an atheist and I don't believe in condensation. So there.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Draconic Aiur

if your a guy in a car in a lake yes quite so

pr126

Quote from: aitm on August 11, 2016, 07:51:04 PM
I am an atheist and I don't believe in condensation. So there.

You are going to hell for this!

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 12, 2016, 09:39:11 AM
Controversy aside, it is a heady thought.

When you get out of the shower, after washing your hair, you are supposed to dry your head.  Mildew head is bad form.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

If you would take the time to study the basics of air conditioning, I am pretty sure you would conclude that "condensation" is bad inside the house.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

My first day at Great Lakes naval training there was about 9 inches of frozen condensation on the windows so yes, it's 100% pure evil probably made by Donald Trump..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 16, 2016, 08:41:40 AM
My first day at Great Lakes naval training there was about 9 inches of frozen condensation on the windows so yes, it's 100% pure evil probably made by Donald Trump..
Not probably. I saw him do it.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 16, 2016, 08:41:40 AM

My dad much have had the same experience, in January 1946.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Baruch on August 10, 2016, 06:13:06 PM
Condensation occurs in the presence of humidity and low temperature.  In homes it leads to mildew, which is bad for you.  Where I live, if your house gets black fungus ... they have to tear it down, it can't be saved  On the other hand, most of the time, condensation is a frog's best friend ;-)

Condensation, scientifically speaking, is when a gas is cooled down to a liquid. You're right about mold/fungus though.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Munch

You just need to air our your room more, open some doors and get some breeze flowing. The worst case scenario will be wood rot around the window if condensation keeps up over years.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin