Being Amish does not prevent one from also being a douche

Started by Johan, August 06, 2016, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/amish-man-busted-after-fatal-beating-of-overworked-horse-is-caught-on-video/
Oh the Amish, oh they're so quaint. Oh its so nice to see a group of people who want to live such pure lives. Bullshit. They've got their share of douchebags just like the rest of us. Assholes.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Nonsensei

Well no surprise there. It takes a pretty high baseline of arrogance to hold yourself apart from the rest of the world by denying yourself access to the advancements humanity has made, and yet still somehow consider yourself morally superior.

"My community suffers needlessly by denying ourselves access to the modern world, but please allow me to assure you that I'm so much better than you that my shit doesn't stink"
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mike Cl

Quote from: Johan on August 06, 2016, 01:41:05 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/amish-man-busted-after-fatal-beating-of-overworked-horse-is-caught-on-video/
Oh the Amish, oh they're so quaint. Oh its so nice to see a group of people who want to live such pure lives. Bullshit. They've got their share of douchebags just like the rest of us. Assholes.
They are also one of the worst offenders of the puppy mills in the country.  They treat animals horribly.  And in my book, that is immoral. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

God gave Man dominion over all the beast of the Earth.

God and Samuel Colt.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers