News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

GOPlifer calls it quits

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, August 05, 2016, 11:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 12, 2016, 01:26:18 PM
How come all the Biden assassination threat stuff is from articles written two days ago, and not immediately after Biden made his speech?
Because most of the media was in the bag for Obama and Biden, so of course they just acted like there was no issue with the idea of fighting back if there was an attempt to take the guns, because Biden making comments like that actually helped Obama get votes from the undecided independent voters who didn't exactly want to see all of the guns in America taken away. Fox News and the like didn't call Biden out for it because that wouldn't have been something that would have helped John McCain at all in getting votes, so they didn't go there. It's really as simple as that.

I shouldn't have said that you were spinning things though, because the link you posted stopped Biden's remarks before he talked about how he was pretty good with his guns. I would not trust that media source any longer if they are cutting out very important parts of what was said like that.

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on August 12, 2016, 02:57:38 PMI shouldn't have said that you were spinning things though, because the link you posted stopped Biden's remarks before he talked about how he was pretty good with his guns. I would not trust that media source any longer if they are cutting out very important parts of what was said like that.
Yeah.  They evidently cut off Trump, too.

QuoteBecause most of the media was in the bag for Obama and Biden, so of course they just acted like there was no issue with the idea of fighting back if there was an attempt to take the guns, because Biden making comments like that actually helped Obama get votes from the undecided independent voters who didn't exactly want to see all of the guns in America taken away. Fox News and the like didn't call Biden out for it because that wouldn't have been something that would have helped John McCain at all in getting votes, so they didn't go there. It's really as simple as that.
Right.  Okay, so let me see if I have this straight:

* 8 years ago, Biden made a speech where he threatened running mate Obama.  The crowd is unperturbed.  No backlash from the media, because they're in the bag for Obama and Biden.  No condemnation from fellow Dems, including Obama, or the Republicans.  No talk with the secret service.

* a few days ago, Trump made an implied threat against Hillary.  Shocked/excited reaction from the crowd of Trump supporters.  The media and the Dems attack him over it.  Some Republicans call his remarks "dumb", "reckless" while others claim he's being misconstrued.  Reported private chat with the Secret Service, though Trump denies it.

* shortly thereafter, the intrepid souls over at Breitbart and InfoWars break the news that Biden also made an implicit threat against Obama, finally bringing Biden's shocking behavior to light.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 12, 2016, 01:46:02 AM
I wasn't the only person who took Trump's comment as a threat to Clinton. I didn't know about the Biden statement but you are correct I would have not liked it.
Every politician should be threatened at the ballot box, every 2, 4 or 6 years.  The American people get the cesspool they deserve.  Please Mr Brer Bear, please don't enact term limits, I want to have to think before I vote ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Nonsensei on August 06, 2016, 09:13:25 AM
Hard to say. It is my impression that the people who propelled Trump into the general election were significantly people who otherwise would not have participated in the convention at all. Disgruntled blue collar racists who only voted Trump because he appealed to their narrow minded, idiotic view of how to "fix" America, ostensibly by removing brown people for the most part.

Apparently there were more of them than we ever imagined...

Honestly, I'm still of the opinion that the GOP encouraged Trump to run in the hopes that it would make a real fuckwit like Cruz or Rubio or Huckabee look sane by comparison, but they never really reckoned with how completely fucking bugfuck their teabagger base is and now they're stuck with him and the potential death of the GOP (waves flag, goes "yay").
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

hrdlr110

Quote from: SGOS on August 06, 2016, 03:37:48 PM
Not many.  Most voters identify strongly with one of the two parties, and tend to overlook the failures of that party's candidate, and glorify his policies, even if those are failures.  Chris Ladd is an oddity.  Yes, there are others like him, but I think the percentage is very small.

It's like this. If the Republican Party were a gigantic ship in the ocean, trump is the pirate that has taken control. The problem is, the ships new captain has no idea how to stear the ship that is heading straight for really sharp rocks. The Previous party leaders are on lifeboats floating aimlessly in the ocean trying to come up with a new name for a new party because the pirates have soiled the brand beyond repair.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Sal1981

Quote from: Johan on August 06, 2016, 01:27:15 PM
Wow. That's some pretty heavy shit right there.
My thoughts as well. If you can cut through the rhetoric, this resignation letter steams of disappointment with how Republican ideals have been perverted to the lowest common denominator.

Baruch

Quote from: hrdlr110 on August 21, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
It's like this. If the Republican Party were a gigantic ship in the ocean, trump is the pirate that has taken control. The problem is, the ships new captain has no idea how to stear the ship that is heading straight for really sharp rocks. The Previous party leaders are on lifeboats floating aimlessly in the ocean trying to come up with a new name for a new party because the pirates have soiled the brand beyond repair.

This is bad, why?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Baruch on August 22, 2016, 07:22:38 PM
This is bad, why?

I don't recall mentioning that it's bad - it's hilarious is what it is!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Baruch

Quote from: hrdlr110 on August 23, 2016, 09:15:05 AM
I don't recall mentioning that it's bad - it's hilarious is what it is!

Arrh Matey!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.