Health Issues for Both Trump and Clinton

Started by chill98, August 04, 2016, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chill98

Quote from: SGOS on October 17, 2016, 12:09:23 PM
Maybe.  I remember when she did that.  I didn't think anything of it.  I thought she was just being silly in response to Trump attacking her character:  "Oh my, oh, oh, I'm so staggered by that ass ripping Big Daddy just gave me."

I didn't think it was the greatest possible comeback, but I never connected it with a seizure.
If you look up the ellen show interview (10/14), Clinton says something like "I didn't ever realize I had done it, I knew I said whoo..."

That for me was like - what? that doesnt make sense.  Her response could have been "what trump said sent shivers down my spine"  but she didn't.  Rather it was denial of being aware... 

AllPurposeAtheist

Clinton may have some serious health issues, but none I can see that should disqualify her. Many people, including myself have small seizures where there's a second or two where everything just sort of fades. I've had the problems since I was 10 years old and anyone would be proud to vote me in for president. In fact if you DON'T write me in I'll hate you forever and you'll be fat and ugly.
Well, anyway..Trumpster Fire is I think a mixture of both dementia and just fucking spoiled rotten bat shit crazy.
As far as a bump to the head that's really unpredictable. My 88 year old dad recently had a fall and banged the hell out of his head and had a huge knot just inches above his eye that just that very same morning he had had surgery on.
He had some bleeding in his brain, but the effects didn't seem to be very long lasting. In fact he's actually doing a bit better than he was before the bump.
But this is presidential politics so if it were announced one candidate or the other had a hangnail people freak out and act like they're sure to die in office from the ensuing infection..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: chill98 on October 17, 2016, 12:39:46 PM
If you look up the ellen show interview (10/14), Clinton says something like "I didn't ever realize I had done it, I knew I said whoo..."

That for me was like - what? that doesnt make sense.  Her response could have been "what trump said sent shivers down my spine"  but she didn't.  Rather it was denial of being aware... 

Maybe.  At this stage of the game, an onset of some kind of serious illness would likely be kept hidden.  If it's the kind of thing APA has, it may not be a concern.  It may be nothing at all.  Until something other than speculation comes up, I don't know that I'd worry too much.  We may end up with Tim Kane.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

chill98

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 17, 2016, 01:03:31 PM
Clinton may have some serious health issues, but none I can see that should disqualify her.
How the f' can anyone know without transparency?!

It appears she thinks it would disqualify her or she wouldn't be HIDING IT!  But her personal agenda is more important than anything else, that agenda being called Mrs. President.  Without regard to the ramifications to 350 million other people.  Selfish?  Absolutely.

We watch each and every president age greatly in office.  It is a high stress job in healthy people.  So who will be actually running the country if shes too tired to get out of bed?  For days or weeks at a time? 

Nonsensei

One thing I can't seem to find an answer to is whether or not candidates lying about their health is in any way criminal. I remember what happened to fictional president Bartlet in the TV show The West Wing. He concealed that he had MS and the show made it seem like, because he planned everything perfectly, he was able to get away with it.

Which tells me that if he was less careful he would have been found in violation of the law. I'm wondering if that reflects reality in any way.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: chill98 on October 17, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
How the f' can anyone know without transparency?!

It appears she thinks it would disqualify her or she wouldn't be HIDING IT!  But her personal agenda is more important than anything else, that agenda being called Mrs. President.  Without regard to the ramifications to 350 million other people.  Selfish?  Absolutely.

We watch each and every president age greatly in office.  It is a high stress job in healthy people.  So who will be actually running the country if shes too tired to get out of bed?  For days or weeks at a time?

Mrs Woodrow Wilson ... who already was the first woman President for a whole year (1919 - 1920).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

We survived bedtime for Bonzo in the white house for 8 years and his brain was removed for a movie back in 1946 when he actually appeared to give a shit about his fellow human beings.. I firmly believe that if Trumster Fire is elected he'll be impeached in the first year in office unless he pulls an act like pardoning himself as his first presidential order..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Don't give Trump ideas!  In some other universe, Nixon pardoned himself, and didn't need Ford to do it for him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I rather suspect that either Trump or Clinton would age rapidly in the job.  Few Presidents come out of the job healthy.  The difference is that Trump is already nuts and Clinton starts being in decent shape.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

chill98

Quote from: Cavebear on October 19, 2016, 06:25:51 AM
I rather suspect that either Trump or Clinton would age rapidly in the job.  Few Presidents come out of the job healthy.  The difference is that Trump is already nuts and Clinton starts being in decent shape.
Healthy? 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6890519/ns/politics/t/hillary-clinton-faints-during-speech-buffalo/

The above is from 2005.  Supposedly the flu.   Hard to believe she was not up to date on her flu shots...  This is before her Sec. of State concussion by a few years.  She is in failing health.

Trump is not nutz.  A prick?  Sure.  Arrogant?  100%.  Ill-mannered?  Yep! Selfish?  undoubtedly.  but far from nutz.

Baruch

Dead people get elected, and at least in Chicago, dead people vote.  So yes, even if Hillary/Trump were corpses, they are qualified ... nothing in the Constitution says that they have to be alive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.