Health Issues for Both Trump and Clinton

Started by chill98, August 04, 2016, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chill98

So roaming around youtube a couple of days ago, old Trump interviews were in the sidebar.  I clicked one.  Clicked a few more.  Listening to Trump, many of the things he is saying now, he has been saying all along.  But his demeanor then was much calmer.  Much more in control.  Much more articulate.  A clip from Letterman show and he's being teased and laughing, saying that's why he comes onto the show, Letterman always makes him laugh.

And Oprah clips, same thing.  Very calm.  Anyone remember when Trump suggested she would be his VP pick?  Then you fast forward to now and we see a personality change.  Same rhetoric but the details are blurry.  Mood swings, anger, incomplete thoughts...

A few years back I work for an elderly gentleman who had dementia.  And last night I came to the realization that it is very possible that Trump is showing signs of dementia.

I remember finding out that Reagan had Alzheimer and thinking OK, now I understand better how he could make so many mistakes. 

But it appears there is something similar going on with Clinton.  Likely related to her head injury a few years back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhhrSr-hjxY

Now there are some pretty bad videos out there regarding Clinton's issue but the basics are, she was sick, dehydrated, fell and bumped her head hard enough to form a blood clot (various places say brain, others say outside the skull behind her ear).  I do remember her not being able to testify due to ongoing issues from hitting her head and remember her wearing glasses for a while as she recovered from this.  That sounds to me like more than a bruise outside of the skull.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/hillary-clinton-took-6-months-to-get-over-concussion-bill-says-of-timeline/

Six months is a long time.  And she's getting old making recovery that much more complicated.  Plus, as many of you have encountered, when the elderly fall down and hurt themselves, they are often not the same again or you watch a rapid deterioration from that point on.

Point being I think both of these peoples health is questionable.

Hydra009

Quote from: chill98 on August 04, 2016, 05:35:50 PMAnd Oprah clips, same thing.  Very calm.  Anyone remember when Trump suggested she would be his VP pick?  Then you fast forward to now and we see a personality change.  Same rhetoric but the details are blurry.  Mood swings, anger, incomplete thoughts...
So basically, the Governor from the Walking Dead for Prez.  I'll just add that to the landfill of reasons I have not to vote for the guy.

QuoteSix months is a long time.  And she's getting old making recovery that much more complicated.  Plus, as many of you have encountered, when the elderly fall down and hurt themselves, they are often not the same again or you watch a rapid deterioration from that point on.
Well, at least Kaine would be a decent replacement should Clinton become incapacitated.  And Pence is certainly in keeping with the values of the Republican Party.  So I guess both parties would still be well represented should either POTUS candidate become incapacitated.

SGOS

I was talking to a friend the other day and he said, "You know, I don't think Trump wants to be  president."  As bizarre as that sounds , I guess that's possible, like he was a bored billionaire who was looking for something to do, and one day says, "Oh Hell, I think I'll run for president, just for the fun of it."  Maybe the reality is setting in now, and he has no clue what he's going to do when the campaign part is over, which all he wanted to do in the first place.

Intense campaigning for months on end could be like picking a word and saying it over and over until it loses its meaning.  It must be incredibly intense,  and all of a sudden he's four months from being the president, and he's worked himself to a point where meaning has no value and he's gotten into a personal surreal environment wondering if he may have permanently screwed up his brain just when he's really going to need it.

Hillary I can't imagine losing it, but I haven't been watching her lately.  She has a reputation for being cool under extreme pressure.  But she's getting old, and everyone loses their edge at some time.

SGOS

It certainly has been the craziest campaign season I can remember.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on August 05, 2016, 12:57:54 AMI was talking to a friend the other day and he said, "You know, I don't think Trump wants to be  president."  As bizarre as that sounds , I guess that's possible, like he was a bored billionaire who was looking for something to do, and one day says, "Oh Hell, I think I'll run for president, just for the fun of it."
I always got the impression that he was in it for the free press.  You know, drum the Trump name into the public consciousness for a while and make some more money.  He likely never thought he'd be the nominee.  Maybe that's why he started saying a bunch of crazy stuff to purposefully alienate Republicans.  I mean, it's not often a serious Republican candidate talks crap about a POW, gets in a Twitter feud with the family of a fallen soldier, and alienates the last three Republican nominees for President.  Maybe the "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" line wasn't a boast, but a sign of exasperation.

pr126

Reminds me of a joke I read about her injury.

Someone remarked to Bill about the accident and asked him "How is her head?"
Bill said "She is no Monica".

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 05, 2016, 02:55:31 AM
I always got the impression that he was in it for the free press.  You know, drum the Trump name into the public consciousness for a while and make some more money.  He likely never thought he'd be the nominee.  Maybe that's why he started saying a bunch of crazy stuff to purposefully alienate Republicans.  I mean, it's not often a serious Republican candidate talks crap about a POW, gets in a Twitter feud with the family of a fallen soldier, and alienates the last three Republican nominees for President.  Maybe the "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" line wasn't a boast, but a sign of exasperation.

We often hear people say, "I don't give a shit about what people think," but I've always intuitively felt they say it more than they mean it, because they usually give off subtle hints that what people think is more important then they let on.  It's more of an attempt to appear confident. 

While I've never heard Trump use that phrase, he carries himself that way, but the effect it has on me is that while he may or may not appear confident (I actually don't get any read from him regarding that aspect of his personality), my overwhelming perception is that he is strange, possibly socially retarded.  His greatest anomaly as a politician may be that he has no sense of diplomacy.  And while I think politicians, including presidents sometimes overdo diplomacy, Trump exhibits none at all.  He has other anti-political characteristics as well, but to me, that one attribute, dominates my perception of his personality.

chill98

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 04, 2016, 06:06:11 PM
So basically, the Governor from the Walking Dead for Prez.  I'll just add that to the landfill of reasons I have not to vote for the guy.

It is something to ponder on whether Trump is healthy enough to maintain the office. 

Quote from: Hydra009
Well, at least Kaine would be a decent replacement should Clinton become incapacitated.  And Pence is certainly in keeping with the values of the Republican Party.  So I guess both parties would still be well represented should either POTUS candidate become incapacitated.
Gore was the last vp I felt was truly qualified to step up and fill the presidential shoes.  Cheney and Biden, not so much.  Don't get me wrong, I think Biden is a nice guy but I don't think he would be a good president.  Biden reminds me of a mix between Carter and Ford.... harmless but bumbling. 

Sooo you are not voting for the best person to lead the country to a better place?  Its more of a party thing for you?  I mean cognitive functioning questions and its easy for you to toss Trump into your *landfull of reasons* yet a cognitive function question with Clinton and its just not good enough to re-consider.   I mean watching the video and her reaction,  she had no idea of the questions that were being asked while she had her spell, rather she deflects to the drink *the last thing she did before being hit by her electromagnetic head storm. 

chill98

Quote from: SGOS on August 05, 2016, 12:57:54 AM
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said, "You know, I don't think Trump wants to be  president."

It must be incredibly intense,  and all of a sudden he's four months from being the president, and he's worked himself to a point where meaning has no value and he's gotten into a personal surreal environment wondering if he may have permanently screwed up his brain just when he's really going to need it.

Hillary I can't imagine losing it, but I haven't been watching her lately.  She has a reputation for being cool under extreme pressure.  But she's getting old, and everyone loses their edge at some time.
I have wondered about Trump motivation myself.  When he first began his campaign, I thought he was just tired of the gridlock and wanted to shake things up, then I began pondering if he was trying to get Clinton elected by dividing the republican party.  But when he picked Pence, I began to think he was really wanting to get elected.  Nominate someone who the far right could support all the while figuring the Pence nomination wasn't important because he is invincible and won't die in office. 

AllPurposeAtheist

Candidates health barely registers a blip on most voters radars. Typically it's what comes out of their mouths or not.  Often the candidate who says little wins just because they don't say stupid stuff even if they say nothing smart..
Trump has screwed the pooch often and repeatedly to the point several high profile republicans are now openly backing Clinton and several have quit the party because of the toxicity Trump brings to the republican brand.
Back to health issues of candidates unless they have heart attacks or massive strokes while speaking few people really care about what most consider minor health issues even if they're not all that minor.
Remember FDR? While the white house did keep his health hidden mostly from the public he was so popular that even if it had been publicized he was at deaths door he was elected to a 4th term overwhelmingly.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: chill98 on August 05, 2016, 10:48:40 AM
I have wondered about Trump motivation myself.  When he first began his campaign, I thought he was just tired of the gridlock and wanted to shake things up, then I began pondering if he was trying to get Clinton elected by dividing the republican party.  But when he picked Pence, I began to think he was really wanting to get elected.  Nominate someone who the far right could support all the while figuring the Pence nomination wasn't important because he is invincible and won't die in office. 

Very few republicans outside of Indiana trust Pence and few in Indiana trust him. He's a raging homophobe tied almost entirely to the evangelical vote and in a national election that's poison even with republicans..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

chill98

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 05, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
Candidates health barely registers a blip on most voters radars. Typically it's what comes out of their mouths or not.  Often the candidate who says little wins just because they don't say stupid stuff even if they say nothing smart..
Trump has screwed the pooch often and repeatedly to the point several high profile republicans are now openly backing Clinton and several have quit the party because of the toxicity Trump brings to the republican brand.
Back to health issues of candidates unless they have heart attacks or massive strokes while speaking few people really care about what most consider minor health issues even if they're not all that minor.
Remember FDR? While the white house did keep his health hidden mostly from the public he was so popular that even if it had been publicized he was at deaths door he was elected to a 4th term overwhelmingl
I honestly don't know if the voters would have put Reagan into office if he revealed he was suffering from dementia during the election cycle.  Being in a wheelchair is (for most people) very different from having brain issues.

As far as republicans quitting over trump... nothing more than a temper tantrum.. How dare the people not stay in line and vote for who they say people should vote for.  Bad doggies, bad bad doggies...   I guess what I am saying is that is pretty unimpressive to me, and I think its good if Trump inspires a bit of self inflicted purging from the republican party going.  Long over due.

Secondly, not surprising they would find Clinton more palatable.  She's always been good about towing the line regardless of her convictions, hence her staying with philandering bill so long... bigger picture and all; with the potential being divorced might cost her an election...  Might as well have Dick Cheney's wife for pres if that's how low the bar is set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick

SGOS

Quote from: chill98 on August 05, 2016, 09:43:50 PM

I honestly don't know if the voters would have put Reagan into office if he revealed he was suffering from dementia during the election cycle.  Being in a wheelchair is (for most people) very different from having brain issues.

All other things considered equal it's best to vote for the president without the dementia.

chill98

I missed much of the first debate (fell asleep).  Friday, Clinton was on Ellen and they talked about a 'shimmy'.  It looked weird to me, and the Ellen/Hillary exchange got me wondering.

Following video only 1st 50 seconds is what Ellen/Hillary were talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4YiAFvO2I

There are a bunch of different videos proclaiming eye movement issues that may be parkinsons related.  I only bring this up because during the above, Clinton keeps her eyes shut and appears to begin to lose balance, leaning to her right and grabbing the podium with her left hand.  It was brief, but she knew it/what was coming.

SGOS

Maybe.  I remember when she did that.  I didn't think anything of it.  I thought she was just being silly in response to Trump attacking her character:  "Oh my, oh, oh, I'm so staggered by that ass ripping Big Daddy just gave me."

I didn't think it was the greatest possible comeback, but I never connected it with a seizure.