Have roaches? Milk 'em!

Started by Unbeliever, July 30, 2016, 03:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Breeding American cockroaches in China?  Why not oriental roaches?  At least the oriental ones can't fly.

And while bug nutrition shows some promise, especially to non-European people who don't have a taboo on bug-eating, cockroaches seems like a weird choice.  There are sanitation risks (roaches are only as clean as their habitat), they can be difficult to corral (in the video, they're crawling everywhere) and the crunchy shell can be unappealing.  Why not use mealworms instead?

Unbeliever

Yeah, I bet it's hard to milk those little suckers!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 30, 2016, 03:30:57 PM
Breeding American cockroaches in China?  Why not oriental roaches?  At least the oriental ones can't fly.

And while bug nutrition shows some promise, especially to non-European people who don't have a taboo on bug-eating, cockroaches seems like a weird choice.  There are sanitation risks (roaches are only as clean as their habitat), they can be difficult to corral (in the video, they're crawling everywhere) and the crunchy shell can be unappealing.  Why not use mealworms instead?

Cow milk is a sanitation risk. that is why it is pasteurized and filtered and all that other shit. Cow milk in a bucket- I've milked cows back in the day- is full of some icky stuff, which is why it is filtered and run through sterile processing.

Daresay if you didn't know the source, you'd probably be pretty happy if it tasted ok.

doorknob

gross. I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon. I'd have to be really hungry.