Black Christians - Why do they exist?

Started by Blackleaf, July 30, 2016, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: popsthebuilder on September 25, 2016, 01:00:04 PM
It would be cool if I could thumbs up stuff here.

I thought I recognized the name,  then saw the sig. I really must start watching Fox News, really just curious if they are actually as unbiased as you.

Peace friend, hope you are well

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
The "Fox News" thing is a joke. They're notorious for basically being the mouthpiece of the Republican Party; but their catchphrase for a long time was "fair and balanced."

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 25, 2016, 01:09:20 PM
The "Fox News" thing is a joke. They're notorious for basically being the mouthpiece of the Republican Party; but their catchphrase for a long time was "fair and balanced."

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Oh... Regardless you have indeed shown yourself to be unbiased within our bread interactions.

Good to know about Fox News though.  So they are corrupt and have an agenda that isn't wholly beneficial to to the mass,  but only for a select group?

I knew there was I reason I didn't watch it.

😀

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on September 25, 2016, 08:35:58 AM
I think the OP was pointing out the mechanics of religion.  It is indoctrinated into people, not reasoned into people.  Christianity was forced on slaves just as servitude was forced on them.  Blacks may find comfort in Christianity.  No one is denying that.  But it's ironic that they accept a religion today that played a major role in justifying their forced servitude.  You can debate whether or not blacks gain real comfort from such a religion, but the irony will always be there.  Although, I understand that Christians won't see the irony.

As far as I know, all religions that were created over 200 years ago, supported or tolerated slavery.  On that basis they should all be abandoned as anachronistic ... with the exception perhaps of the New Religions like Mormonism and the many trendy Japanese New Age religions.  Neo-paganism or Wicca ... are tied to periods of history prior to anything else, so I don't see that they are "liberty" supporting either.

So Black-Muslims won't see the irony of returning to a somewhat older enslavement than the New World offered.  And African paganism doesn't offer hope either.  Since Mormons and Japanese are uncomfortable with Black folk ... they don't have much of an open door their either.  So I guess they will just have to take up atheism with Prof Neil deGrasse Tyson ;-)  If the professor will also come out against the wage and debt enslavement of capitalism, I am sure he can get an Order of Lenin too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Well, almost everyone has been slaved to some other group at some time.  But only for Blacks was it because of skin color and remained so for so long.  My ancestors were enslaved Anglo-saxon serfs to the conquoring Normans.  But once they could get away, no one could tell them apart from the free locals.  It wasn't like that for Blacks in the US.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!