News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Its not just religion

Started by Munch, July 29, 2016, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Today at the store i work, I had to bear witness to something that honestly made my guts turn over several times.

Here in the uk, we have an organisation known as Action For Children, its basically a charity that acts to work supporting vulnerable children and in foster care. I've known about it for some time, since my aunt became a member of it a while ago when she started being a foster. I have also heard from my aunt her reason for leaving the organisation, due to just how batshit some of its members are, how they watch over all foster parents like a hawk, all while bearing sickly grins.

We had two of them in our store, with a stand, promoting their organisation, and working at the till, I got to see just how religiously sickening it was, the two twenty something year olds were dancing around with no music, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON that went to leave the store they cornered, trying to shove booklets in their hands, and force them to stop and promote themselves.
People who said they were already involve the action for children, the two doll like automatons said "aww bless you", and danced around giddy. And to people who didn't want to stop and just get out of the store, they almost followed them outside running off the brief of their program and what it does.

Me and my work mate kept looking at one another through the day, cringing every time they spoke, and even when my superviser was there he overheard them and just cringed at the way they were acting. I really can only discribe the two like they were religiously indoctrinated by the AFC.

And to tie it off, they didn't say a word to me my entire shift, but the moment I finished, for my bag and went to leave, then they went into full on 'oh can i share a minute of your time we're an organisation they loves children and is here to help them can I talk to you about how important it is to help children', saying all this as I walked past her shaking my hand and saying 'no sorry I work here remember?'.

Its like another form of religion I see in these kind of groups, because the face these creepy smiling dolls put on is nothing like the real behind the scenes horrors my aunt tells me about with their group, and I can imagine many other groups like, charities, are the same.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

The evil manifests itself in many forms.

widdershins

They sound like members of the Manson family.
This sentence is a lie...

GSOgymrat

I don't like being approached by strangers in public for any reason. They invariably want something from me.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 29, 2016, 05:20:49 PM
I don't like being approached by strangers in public for any reason. They invariably want something from me.

Thats why I don't give to charities anymore, when so much of them have been revealed as corrupt and taking the earnings people give to them and pocketing it.

This is why big named celebrities don't give to them, because their aware of how corrupt they are, but don't want to come out saying that in public because of how it would tarnish their image.

widdershins

Quote from: Munch on July 29, 2016, 05:30:51 PM
Thats why I don't give to charities anymore, when so much of them have been revealed as corrupt and taking the earnings people give to them and pocketing it.

This is why big named celebrities don't give to them, because their aware of how corrupt they are, but don't want to come out saying that in public because of how it would tarnish their image.
The Red Cross is a big one I'll never give money to.  My wife's grandpa used to tell stories of how shitty they were even during WWII.  They had a tent set up where they sold stale doughnuts and cold coffee to the troops.  Across the way the Salvation Army also had a tent set up where they gave away fresh doughnuts and coffee to the troops.  And after the 9/11 debacle when they collected funds specifically for 9/11 victims and then just put it into the general fund I don't care how squeaking clean they get, they'll never see a dime from me.  If it weren't for the fact that they were a religious organization hell bent on converting people I still wouldn't pass up a bell ringer for the Salvation Army.
This sentence is a lie...

Munch

Well thats it really isn't it, these groups are like religions. They convert people, convincing them of a bunch of lies and promises of some moral paradise, when all they are really doing is pocketing from people, preaching in the street, and demonizing you if you don't adhere to their tell you.

Duncle

The Organized Religion Model is incredibly successful- look at how much money and power the pious con artists have accumulated over the centuries. Given this, its hardly surprising that ambitious folk have adapted the model to non-religious enterprises.

Baruch

Politics is like charity, without the charity ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 29, 2016, 05:20:49 PM
If they get too aggressive with me I give them the chance to lay down and consider what they did wrong. Never had charges filed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

My ex once let some JW folks in the house ... she is an ex Catholic nun ... so she schooled some young folks on religion.  We had some Mormons visit our synagogue once ... during services, so we invited them in.  Had them in tears ... because we were that good ;-)  Before that, Judaism was just a concept in the Book of Mormon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.