I'm Skipping the Latest Jason Bourne

Started by SGOS, July 29, 2016, 09:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Reviews are definitely hit and miss, but I usually like/don't like movies for different reasons than the reviewers. The Shyamalan movie "Signs" got a generally favorable review and I thought it was one of the stupidest movies ever made. The whole premise was idiotic. I actually gagged at "swing away, Mel! Swing away!" You gotta see the movie to understand that.

In one of those oddballs that think movies should follow the books they came from. Seen too much "artistic license" ruin a good story.

SGOS

Quote from: stromboli on July 31, 2016, 11:51:05 AM
In one of those oddballs that think movies should follow the books they came from. Seen too much "artistic license" ruin a good story.

Sometimes at the beginning credits, there is a notice that states, "Based on a true story," or Based on a book by..."  Every time I see that notice, I think to myself, "WTF is that supposed to mean?  Should I get ready for a documentary or something that is nothing like the real events or the book it was "based on."

Gawdzilla Sama

I sometimes wonder if people go to movies thinking they'll achieve something.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Not anything brainy usually.  Sometimes, maybe a little, but the popcorn is always good.