News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I heard most atheists are artistic

Started by Gawdzilla Sama, July 25, 2016, 12:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: widdershins on July 26, 2016, 01:57:32 PM
I have precisely zero artistic talent.  I can't draw a straight line without AutoCAD.  Great.  I'm a minority of a minority.

Well, Picasso couldn't draw either, but now his crap is worth mucho bucks - go figure...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on July 26, 2016, 05:31:51 PM
My brother was artistic but he managed to lead a full life.
I knew a guy who was very  artistic. He lived in an old bus, when he could, and anywhere when he couldn't. His art sucked, couldn't sell any of it, but he could hold his head up and say "I'm an artist!"

and nobody cared.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 26, 2016, 09:21:38 PM
I knew a guy who was very  artistic. He lived in an old bus, when he could, and anywhere when he couldn't. His art sucked, couldn't sell any of it, but he could hold his head up and say "I'm an artist!"

and nobody cared.

I actually have some artistry in my past but I've overcome it.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on July 27, 2016, 02:05:32 AM
I actually have some artistry in my past but I've overcome it.
*measured, efficient applause from the engineers/programmers/network admins in the audience*

doorknob

hmm

I"m very artistic so it must be true.

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 26, 2016, 05:36:55 PM
Well, Picasso couldn't draw either, but now his crap is worth mucho bucks - go figure...
That would be encouraging...if I didn't have to die before getting rich.  It's kind of like religion then.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

You may not have to die - maybe try cutting off an ear or two - you never know what might work...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 27, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
You may not have to die - maybe try cutting off an ear or two - you never know what might work...
I'd advise you to do that on a starry night in a field of sunflowers.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 26, 2016, 05:36:55 PM
Picasso figured out that being famous as an artist makes you an artist.
PZ Myers

stromboli

[spoiler]Stromboli does not want to destroy the tone of this thread, but Picasso was actually a pretty good artist. What you see is Cubism, the later part of his career. An early work:

[/spoiler]

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't think you can derail a DD thread.

Anyway, Picasso, I believe, was just seeing what he could get away with. Mocking the critics as it were.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 29, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
I don't think you can derail a DD thread.

Anyway, Picasso, I believe, was just seeing what he could get away with. Mocking the critics as it were.

Eggzackly.

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 29, 2016, 09:48:02 AM
I'd advise you to do that on a starry night in a field of sunflowers.
I like what I'm hearing.  Of course, I won't be hearing so well afterward...
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on July 29, 2016, 12:15:37 PM
I like what I'm hearing.  Of course, I won't be hearing so well afterward...
'Ear, 'ear!
PZ Myers

stromboli

Artistry. I see a telethon in the near future. Get the Mormon church involved the Utah legislature will vote an amendment to fight it. Could also work into a MLM scheme.