News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is it just me or did I recently devolve?

Started by widdershins, June 01, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I swear I was about to 3,000 posts, now I'm under 2,900 and a lot of older topics are mysteriously getting posts again.  A rational man would say this probably has something to do with the day I couldn't log on, perhaps a failure of the server.  But that's boring.  Instead, ALIENS!  They abducted the server and erased the server's memory of the abduction, going a little too far back.  A quick search of the recent news confirms this as a definite possibility as there is no recent news that I could find of servers not being abducted by aliens.  But the plot thickens.  I also could find no evidence whatsoever that one or more Bigfoot...Bigfoots...Bigfeet...large hominids with big feet weren't involved, nor could I find a single denial by any government agency of a government coverup of the alleged (or certain.  They mean the same thing) abduction.

We're through the looking glass here, people.  Watch for the helicopters, listen for clicks in your phone lines and, for the love of spaghetti, don't trust anyone wearing suits and/or sunglasses.  Keep yourselves safe.
This sentence is a lie...

WitchSabrina

I did too   *pout*
but hey............yanno what?  I don't care.   My *status* is not what I come here for.

oxox
don't worry bout it puddinhead
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

It's ok. Got to relive the magical 6969 again.  :-D

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

If your dick is still the same size, relax.

kilodelta

Quote from: "stromboli"If your dick is still the same size, relax.

Mine isn't... /cry
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

dawiw

I think some of the topics got erased or something.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Plu

From what I heard, infidelguy (the hoster) cancelled his services with the hoster for this website and instead of giving him a backup of the data or time to make one, they just instantly wiped the whole database. So now we're back to an old backup someone still had lying around.

stromboli

Quote from: "Plu"From what I heard, infidelguy (the hoster) cancelled his services with the hoster for this website and instead of giving him a backup of the data or time to make one, they just instantly wiped the whole database. So now we're back to an old backup someone still had lying around.

Yes. Wolf. Guy's becoming a star quarterback, I gotta say. Go to guy in a crisis. So we lost like a couple of months or something, and so your post count will be less. Suspect we need to back up the database more often.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "Plu"From what I heard, infidelguy (the hoster) cancelled his services with the hoster for this website and instead of giving him a backup of the data or time to make one, they just instantly wiped the whole database. So now we're back to an old backup someone still had lying around.

Yes. Wolf. Guy's becoming a star quarterback, I gotta say. Go to guy in a crisis. So we lost like a couple of months or something, and so your post count will be less. Suspect we need to back up the database more often.

QFFT
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

This is a bit like waking up after a night of heavy drinking.

I'm pretty sure I had a good time here.  But I can't remember a damn thing and there's no evidence except for a slight headache.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Quote from: "Jason78"This is a bit like waking up after a night of heavy drinking.

I'm pretty sure I had a good time here.  But I can't remember a damn thing and there's no evidence except for a slight headache.

And an urgent need to urinate.

aitm

you only had a real good time if'n you got someone or something in bed with ya.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"you only had a real good time if'n you got someone or something in bed with ya.

Which evokes a wide range of possibilities.

Shiranu

For a second I thought you wrote divorced, and I was wondering how you were unsure about that...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur