News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I heard most atheists are autistic

Started by Abel2, July 25, 2016, 03:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Is autism contagious? It must be, given how my brother, his wife, my boyfriends, my workmates and online gaming friends are all atheist, so maybe it spread to them from me! Oooooh Nooooooooes!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

jakeeey

I realise  you've already been banned for trolling (isn't that 'wrong' in your religion?) but in case you're still following:

Quote from: Abel2 on July 25, 2016, 03:02:07 AM
Since religions is about altruism while atheism its like "Everything is allowed, nothing is wrong" type of non profit organization <snip>
That's true.. being a christian, unlike being an atheist, doesn't cost anything and unlike the catholic church atheism doesn't have its' own city in Rome with specific laws to be able to bugger 13yr old boys, nor does it help Nazis steal gold or artwork, nor does it organise the mass cover-ups of pedophile leaders.

Anyway, you have fun now that you're shifting to the catholic church, what with it being so morally-superior to atheism and all.

:blahblah:
Get busy living or get busy dying.

stromboli

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 25, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
I've always attributed mine to my inability to completely wrap myself in aluminum foil (shiny side out---mostly prevents the FedGov agents "autism rays" from contacting any of my skin).  :(

Clarification here. Shiny side out to reflect "Z" and "V" rays, shiny side in for magnifying consciousness and increasing telekinesis.

stromboli

I think the OP misspelled "artistic".

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

mauricio

Maybe apathy is the key point to why so many are atheists. Since religions is about altruism while atheism its like "Everything is allowed, nothing is wrong" type of non profit organization, and it subject itself to subjectiveness of no rules that way, atleast not to what their non believing god given right leads them to at least.
kore wa baito desu

Unbeliever

The only thing that makes me an atheist is that I disbelieve something that is completely unbelievable. People who believe unbelievable things are credulous, gullible enablers of despots. Without the claim of belief that so many people profess, those power-mongering priests and preachers would have no power at all.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

doorknob

altruism:

"principle or practice of unselfish concern for or devotion to the welfare of others (opposed to egoism ). "

When atheists do something good it is always altruistically. But when christians do it, it becomes more questionable as to their reasons. After don't all good christians get to go to heaven?

aitm

Maybe apathy is the key point to why so many are ….

this apples far more to religion than any other single thing in the history of humanity. Apathy…simply giving up the pursuit of anything, is what religion is. Give in, accept, give up, waste away...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

atheism its like "Everything is allowed, nothing is wrong" type of non profit organization

It is?!?!?!?!?! And all this time I've been living a godless moral life when atheism has been a non-profit that says I can do a line of coke off a barely legal teen's ass and it's not wrong? I've wasted my life.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

stromboli

Quote from: TomFoolery on July 26, 2016, 10:41:05 PM
It is?!?!?!?!?! And all this time I've been living a godless moral life when atheism has been a non-profit that says I can do a line of coke off a barely legal teen's ass and it's not wrong? I've wasted my life.

Knowing that you are a woman makes this post weirdly kinky.  Sorry.

Gawdzilla Sama

I can't remember her from high school, but she must have been there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

mauricio

Quote from: doorknob on July 26, 2016, 07:26:19 PM
altruism:

"principle or practice of unselfish concern for or devotion to the welfare of others (opposed to egoism ). "

When atheists do something good it is always altruistically. But when christians do it, it becomes more questionable as to their reasons. After don't all good christians get to go to heaven?
The altruism Christians talk about is an idealistic irrational fantasy shown in this bible verse: [21:1] As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. [2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. [3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. [4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
They see just merely accepting and thinking of the rational self interest implications in any type of action we do as an impurity which spoils your good deeds and makes them lesser. They see atheists as immoral because atheist do not buy into their delusion of almost suicidal altruism and tend to be more pragmatic in their ethics.

Unbeliever

Quote from: stromboli on July 27, 2016, 02:04:12 AM
Knowing that you are a woman makes this post weirdly kinky.
You say that like it's a bad thing...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman