News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheism = thin skinned

Started by Abel2, July 25, 2016, 02:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abel2

Signed up on ThinkingAtheist, but I think its like the admin type of waiting, so i was unpatient and decided to join this site. Either way. Gonna introduce myself soon, but...

According to "Milo Yiannopoulos". I think he also says its brain dead, by that he refers to the atheist movement itself. I guess its funny because most agree on his anti views on SJW social justice warriors, or degenerate cucks as i call them. But it seems he got clash on this one, and i think his idea is not to refute god or anything its more in terms of political regressive movement he sorta have a problem with i think

It could also be the reaction... well to this??
:angel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM

Johan

Quote from: Abel2 on July 25, 2016, 02:45:28 AM
Signed up on ThinkingAtheist, but I think its like the admin type of waiting, so i was unpatient and decided to join this site.
It's late, you're up being a the productive member of society that you are and you wanted to pick on some athiests so you chose us... After your first choice didn't come through... I don't think there are words that adequately describe how lucky I feel right now...
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

Where does these people come from? Well, wherever, enjoy your visit to Earth.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh golly.. Gotta play the trump game and point fingers at anyone using the term 'social justice' because hey, there are some ninnies who go too far..  whatever..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

FaithIsFilth

Welcome Abel.

Atheists are pretty normal as a whole, but yeah, there are plenty of regressives and sensitive atheists with very thin skin here. You have people here who will get triggered and go on a multi-page rant just because an old lady said "God bless you" to them. I don't think you can get much more thin skinned than that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on July 25, 2016, 01:54:09 PM
Welcome Abel.

Atheists are pretty normal as a whole, but yeah, there are plenty of regressives and sensitive atheists with very thin skin here. You have people here who will get triggered and go on a multi-page rant just because an old lady said "God bless you" to them. I don't think you can get much more thin skinned than that.
lol People get upset by "god bless you"? Who?

FaithIsFilth

You've never seen a post by someone here upset by "God bless you"? I find that hard to believe. I've seen it over and over again. Brian (the ABBA guy) is one poster that immediately comes to mind. He gets pretty triggered over things like "God bless you" or "You're in my prayers" and things of that nature.

PickelledEggs

Oh. I didn't remember lol @FaithIsFilth

If I remember, he brought up some good points, but I don't understand why he was upset about someone being concerned.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 25, 2016, 02:12:06 PMlol People get upset by "god bless you"? Who?
It depends on the context, but "I'll pray for you" can come across as condescending.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 25, 2016, 03:06:42 PM
It depends on the context, but "I'll pray for you" can come across as condescending.
Oh. Yeah. I know that, but it's pretty easy to tell if they're being condescending or if they actually are concerned.

Shiranu

Yeah, I honestly don't remember anyone getting upset over it either, and I can't imagine any of our regulars would be.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Simon Moon

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 25, 2016, 02:12:06 PM
lol People get upset by "god bless you"? Who?

Then there's this clown, Patrick Greene from Austin Texas, who, back in 2012 threatened to bring a lawsuit against creatard, Ray Comfort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Greene_(activist)#Illness

Reason?

Comfort was selling bumper stickers that said something to the effect, that April Fool's day should be called "National Atheist Day" in reference to Psalm 14:1. Greene claimed that they were slanderous.

Greene called The Atheist Experience a couple of times, in which Dillahunty shredded Greene's arguments.

If I remember correctly, Greene requested the The Atheist Experience audience chime in, and he'd go with the consensu. Obviously the consensus was that Greene was a tool.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Hydra009

That's a really petty use of a lawsuit, that's for sure.

Last I heard, he had a sort of Brett Keane conversion (financial problems + go fund me account = praise Jesus) and disappeared off the radar.

Simon Moon

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 25, 2016, 03:37:22 PM
That's a really petty use of a lawsuit, that's for sure.

Last I heard, he had a sort of Brett Keane conversion (financial problems + go fund me account = praise Jesus) and disappeared off the radar.

Yeah, Greene had health problems, and Christians used it as emotional hook to convert him.

His conversion only lasted a month (according to Wiki).
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Hydra009