News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello from England

Started by jakeeey, July 24, 2016, 04:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeeey

Greetings folks

I looked around a few atheist fora and chose this one because it seems pretty reasonable and not overly busy.  I'm currently a pantheist having gone through various stages of religiosity, agnosticism, atheism and new-age woo in the past and I find myself most comfortable, or at least most closely-relating to a pantheist orientation these days.

The only pantheist forums I found were woefully insufficient and for obvious reasons I simply cannnot abide religious forums, nor have I found the kind of debate-culture I'm hoping for at anything other than atheist fora so, here I am, darkening your doors because I have a sad & lonely life these days and lack an outlet for my mind's processes ;) plus this is an SMF forum which is my preferred format.

Right, so, that's why I'm here.. I'm sure you'll figure out more about me once I get posting; see you around.

Jake :)

Get busy living or get busy dying.

PickelledEggs

Draconic Aiur

aitm

greetings and welcome to the forum
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 24, 2016, 08:08:00 PM
welcom.....dont leave
And if you do leave, put it to a vote first.  :P

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: jakeeey on July 24, 2016, 04:35:57 PMI'm currently a pantheist
I hate you already.

Welcome to our abode of insanity, which may or may not play host to individuals of the yandere persuasion.
[spoiler=Picture of a typical AtheistForums user][/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Flanker1Six

You know that line in The Eagles Hotel California; that says "you can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave?" 

GOTCHA!!!  

Welcome!   

Baruch

Pan-entheist here ... so similar to you.  Jewish mystic more specifically.  Freethinking always.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

jakeeey

Bwahaha,

Gotta say, over the years I've created a few intro threads but this has to be the only one that drew proper bellylaughs out of me!

Thank-you, to you all.  It's a very warm welcome indeed!  :smooch:

Whoever said heathenistic atheists were unfriendly babyeaters obviously haven't gotten to know you. ;)

Jake :)
Get busy living or get busy dying.

stromboli

+1 internet for getting the plural of forum right. Welcome.

Unbeliever

I'm embarrassed to be posting on a forum that has a mistake of grammar right in its title! Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to get over it...

:pullhair:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Solomon Zorn

Language evolves. No one says, "fora," so it will be obsolete, and "forums" will take it's place in "correct" grammar, if it hasn't already(he actually used both forms in the intro).

And welcome, England.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 27, 2016, 04:39:39 PM
Language evolves. No one says, "fora," so it will be obsolete, and "forums" will take it's place in "correct" grammar, if it hasn't already(he actually used both forms in the intro).

And welcome, England.

Careful, or that centurion that made the Jewish vandal practice his Latin grammar ... might catch you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.