News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Lost In Space on Netflix

Started by Solomon Zorn, July 24, 2016, 07:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-lost-in-space-tv-series-coming-to-netflix/

QuoteBeverly Hills, CA â€" June 29, 2016 â€" Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has ordered a 10-episode first season of the one-hour sci-fi drama, from Legendary TV, based on the beloved 1960’s sci-fi classic from Irwin Allen. Reimagined by feature writing team Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold, Last Witch Hunter), with Zack Estrin (Prison Break) showrunning, the series will premiere worldwide on Netflix in 2018.
I enjoyed the original when I was a child. Though even back then, the campy/fakiness of it was irritating.

The movie, had some terrific SFX, and a nearly perfect cast(including the voice of the original "Robot"), but was completely ruined by a lousy script.

I hope they keep it light, but don't make it stupid.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

I was reading Heinlein, van Vogt, Simak, Azimov, etc., back then. "Lust in Space" made me shudder. (Though the hot chick was worth a look.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 24, 2016, 09:36:17 AM
I was reading Heinlein, van Vogt, Simak, Azimov, etc., back then. "Lust in Space" made me shudder. (Though the hot chick was worth a look.)

Exactly.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on July 24, 2016, 10:15:56 AM
Exactly.
I hope it spawns some memes, however. I love the fact that they'll have subtitles so we don't have to add them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers