Shooting at Munich shopping mall

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 22, 2016, 01:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

Quote from: pr126 on July 24, 2016, 12:15:15 AM
I also understand the left's fascination with Islam.

Please explain.  I haven't been able to figure it out.  Islam is contrary to nearly everything the left represents, yet they embrace and defend it.  Crazy.

pr126

Quote from: Jack89 on July 28, 2016, 01:48:09 PM
Please explain.  I haven't been able to figure it out.  Islam is contrary to nearly everything the left represents, yet they embrace and defend it.  Crazy.
I think Shiranu is better qualified to explain it to you. Ask him.

Meanwhile read here.

article one

article two

article three

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 28, 2016, 01:51:16 PM
I think Shiranu is better qualified to explain it to you. Ask him.

Meanwhile read here.

article one

article two

article three

I'm quite indifferent about Islam, actually. You will notice I never post articles about it nor respond in threads I think are making justified and rational criticisms of it.

I think it's also a tad bit funny that someone who has 90% of his posts talking about Islam, even in threads with nothing to do about it, and who instantly assumes any act of violence must have been a Muslim would accuse anyone else of being obsessed with Islam.

The only thing I am "obsessed" with are xenophobes and bigots who hide behind an actual issue that needs to be addressed to spread their message of hate and intolerance. And I think that obsession should be universal, be you left, right, theists or atheist.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteI'm quite indifferent about Islam, actually.
The word 'indifferent' should be 'willfully ignorant'.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 29, 2016, 12:23:46 AM
Shiranu wrote:The word 'indifferent' should be 'willfully ignorant'.

Mm. I'll take "ignorant" over shaking in my boots over every shadow that might secretly be a Muslim trying to convert me to Allah and terrorism.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on July 29, 2016, 02:03:46 AM
Mm. I'll take "ignorant" over shaking in my boots over every shadow that might secretly be a Muslim trying to convert me to Allah and terrorism.
Ignorance is not always bliss.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 29, 2016, 02:15:29 AM
Ignorance is not always bliss.

Fair enough. Guess it must not be ignorance then.

pr126

@ Shiranu

What is your opinion on the misogyny, gender apartheid, FGM, religiously sanctioned wife beating, child marriages, killing of homosexuals and apostates and denigrating all other religions, hatred to the point of mass murder by Islam?

Is it  - 1 OK, 2 indifferent, 3 it does not happen, 4 the question is bigoted, hateful and Islamophobic, 5 I am not touching this.

pr126

@ Shiranu

I see that you have chosen option 5 "I am not touching this."

As expected.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 31, 2016, 12:39:47 AM
@ Shiranu

I see that you have chosen option 5 "I am not touching this."

As expected.

Thirsty much?

Actually, this thread has just sunk so far down while I was busy doing stuff... grocery shopping, book shopping, getting some iced hibiscus tea and humus, hanging out by the river checking out very lovely ladies and very fit men... stuff like that. Believe it or not, I only stop on here when I am at work or at home, so there are times when I cant see every post. But since you brought it back up to the top 5-6 active threads (the only ones I really look at), I'll respond...

QuoteWhat is your opinion on the misogyny, gender apartheid, FGM, religiously sanctioned wife beating, child marriages, killing of homosexuals and apostates...

Since you didn't give me the number that accurately represents my views on these things, it makes it hard to answer in your parameters. That said, they are issues that need to be addressed... and in many countries are addressed... where they pop up.

The Muslims I am surrounded by these are not an issue, besides misogyny (which is hardly a Muslim thing). FGM is not even the majority of Muslims outside of the Western world, so that one should be dealt with as an Central/North African issue instead (especially given that it is, again, a practice far predating Abrahamic religions). Wife beating, killing of the LGBTQ community, etc. should be treated the same way we treat it for everyone else.

Quote...denigrating all other religions, hatred to the point of mass murder by Islam?

Mass murder by Islam... I am assuming you mean by denigrating all other the religions. If I misread that, then my bad. But if I read it correctly, you realise the biggest victims of Islamic murder is other Muslims, right?

Otherwise, they commit mass murder, sure. So do people of your ideology. We have a presidential candidate who encourages war crimes and deportation of citizens for being Muslim, we have people here who talk about threatening international aide programs and mass murder of civilians for being Muslim... we have people who go to a children's camp and murders 70-some people for being "Muslim sympathizers", we have a kid go on a shooting spree in a Munich mall to kill "Muslim-looking teens", we have people burning refugee camps and beating or otherwise harassing people fleeing civil war in the name of your ideology.

You do not offer a peaceful solution, you do not offer a sane solution, you just offer more of the exact same hate by playing upon people's fear. And when that blows up in your face you don't even have the balls to admit that they did it in your name.

There is no wonder your type are so good at playing upon people's fears, because cowardice is something you are well versed in.

pr126

We do have peaceful "solutions".

Flowers, candles, teddy bears, lighting up buildings and lots of crying.
Isn't that how wars are won?

Source

What are your moderate Muslim friends are doing to stop the global holy war on infidels by their co-religionists?
Are They concerned at all?

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteOtherwise, they commit mass murder, sure. So do people of your ideology.
What is my ideology that inspires mass murder? What is this idiotic tu quoque?

Where or when have I incited violence in any of my posts?

QuoteOtherwise, they commit mass murder, sure. So do people of your ideology. We have a presidential candidate who encourages war crimes and deportation of citizens for being Muslim, we have people here who talk about threatening international aide programs and mass murder of civilians for being Muslim... we have people who go to a children's camp and murders 70-some people for being "Muslim sympathizers", we have a kid go on a shooting spree in a Munich mall to kill "Muslim-looking teens", we have people burning refugee camps and beating or otherwise harassing people fleeing civil war in the name of your ideology.

Where the hell are you getting your facts from? Loonwatch? SPLC?
Again, what is this ideology you are talking about that I supposed to have?

Shiranu

QuoteWhere the hell are you getting your facts from? Loonwatch? SPLC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/23/munich-shooting-loner-facebook-ali-sonboly-bullied-killer

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/munich-mass-shooting-shopping-centre-mcdonalds-gunman-ali-david-sonboly-depression-shy-germany-a7152501.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-fire-france-6830330

QuoteAgain, what is this ideology you are talking about that I supposed to have?

QuoteIsn't that how wars are won?

This idea that we are at war with Muslims. This idea that they are all coming to rape and kill us. This idea that people like Trump just might be right when he says deport them. This idea that these far right groups are in the right. This idea that any time violence breaks out, it MUST have been a Muslim because, you know, that's just how they are. This idea that "western civilization is being raped and destroyed by the Muslim barbarians". This idea that peaceful Muslims in our society, who are our doctors, who are our lawyers, who are our business owners, accountants, police, military, or just your normal working citizen, has to "prove" that they aren't like "the rest of them", even though the staggering majority of Muslims in the Western world are exactly the same as them. This idea that these people, because of where their parents were born, are a national threat.

You don't think that fear mongering leads to violence? I want to say I know you're not that stupid, but I don't actually believe that you aren't anymore. You're ideology of fear and xenophobia is leading to the largest rise of right-wing fanaticism in Europe since the likes of Hitler and Mussolini, and you just sit there cheering them on and then claiming, "No, no, no... I may agree with them 99% and cheerlead their ideology, but how does that mean I am egging them on?".

You refuse to do what you ask Muslims to do (condemn the violence done in the name of their ideology), but unlike them who don't even believe in the violent parts... you cheerlead the "right-wing jihad" on. I think you need to take that log from your eye before you want to talk about Islam being a violent ideology.

Shiranu

Oh, and I believe you must forget the several threads you posted outright lies in, then refused to fess up to. Perhaps it is you who is the ignorant one, when you fall for some of the rubbish you have posted.

SGOS

As skeptics, we have had a great run over the years mocking the 72 virgins of heaven, like it was mainly invented to lure 13 year old boys into Islam.  But let me ask you this.  Suppose it's true? 

Hmmm, I was intending to write something that would send a chill down everyone's spine, either frightening, enlightening, or inspiring. But when I read what I just wrote, I get nothing, nada, zip.

Edit:  This was meant to respond to the conversation two pages back.  Probably not any more relevant now than it was before I explained.