W is worried he could be the last republican president

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 19, 2016, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Just wanted to remind that this man is a war criminal.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 30, 2016, 09:14:39 AM
Just wanted to remind that this man is a war criminal.

All the great leaders are war criminals, if they get away with it.  Stop being a Gandhi.  Kill Brits if they occupy your country, don't sit on your dhoti.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 30, 2016, 09:25:49 AM
All the great leaders are war criminals, if they get away with it.  Stop being a Gandhi.  Kill Brits if they occupy your country, don't sit on your dhoti.

*Rolls eyes. Suddenly becomes a vegan and looks for a white sheet around. (I already have the sandals.)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 29, 2016, 07:43:07 PM
Who made the call on what personnel would be leaving? POTUS or the brass asses in the five-sided puzzle box?

I doubt it was the POTUS, but he's bright enough to understand that he's the one to issue a general order, and the Brass Asses will be the ones to implement it in ways that will protect their precious turf.

Sal1981

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 30, 2016, 09:53:17 AM
I doubt it was the POTUS, but he's bright enough to understand that he's the one to issue a general order, and the Brass Asses will be the ones to implement it in ways that will protect their precious turf.
I would have thought that cutting waste would have been a viable option.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 30, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
I would have thought that cutting waste would have been a viable option.

That's fine, as long as you're not part of the waste.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 28, 2016, 10:21:07 AM
Everyone that I know, seems to have forgotten the budget surplus, left behind by Bill Clinton's administration, which George W. Bush immediately gave back "to the taxpayers"(the wealthy).

Something else people forget is Clinton didn't do that alone. The budget is congress's responsibility. POTUS usually proposes a budget to congress, but they are under no obligation pass it. They can pass a budget without POTUS's concurrence if they want. The decisions on what got cut and what didn't when the annual budget deficit was reduced during the Clinton administration were made in large part by a republican congress led by Newt Gingrich with Clinton's approval.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 30, 2016, 12:28:18 PM
That's fine, as long as you're not part of the waste.
I wasn't talking about people.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 30, 2016, 01:16:00 PM
Something else people forget is Clinton didn't do that alone. The budget is congress's responsibility. POTUS usually proposes a budget to congress, but they are under no obligation pass it. They can pass a budget without POTUS's concurrence if they want. The decisions on what got cut and what didn't when the annual budget deficit was reduced during the Clinton administration were made in large part by a republican congress led by Newt Gingrich with Clinton's approval.
A point I tried to make elsewhere.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 30, 2016, 02:20:31 PM
I wasn't talking about people.

It is always about people ... soylent Congress.  Always some other ox getting Al Gored.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.