W is worried he could be the last republican president

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 19, 2016, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on July 21, 2016, 10:51:05 AM
But man, how quickly Republicans have forgotten that.  They talk about him now like he was the greatest thing since Reagan.
It's called "Defensiveness". They have to candy-coat the dWeeb or admit they voted for an idiot tWice.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2016, 10:52:13 AM
It's called "Defensiveness". They have to candy-coat the dWeeb or admit they voted for an idiot tWice.
I was on another forum when his approval rating got to 25% and I posted about it.  The title of the thread was something along the lines of, "New poll shows 25% of Americans are retarded".  I don't think it went over as well there as it would here.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

Republicans conveniently forget everything. For years they put Saint Ronny on the pedestal with Mr Gorbechov tear down that wall and have replaced it with a new bigger wall closer to home and want to build yet another.  Obviously they've forgotten that the airplane was invented long ago.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Chalabi was Mossad.  Qui bono?  Score for Israel.  Ram Emmanuel's father was Mossad.  But Obama has a bad relationship with Israel?  Sure he does ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Pff.  He's worried he might be the last Repub president.

Funny, I'm hopeful he might be.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on July 28, 2016, 12:03:33 AM
Pff.  He's worried he might be the last Repub president.

Funny, I'm hopeful he might be.
I fear a one-party system more than I fear whatever ring-tailed monkey the GOPpys put up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solomon Zorn

Everyone that I know, seems to have forgotten the budget surplus, left behind by Bill Clinton's administration, which George W. Bush immediately gave back "to the taxpayers"(the wealthy).
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 28, 2016, 10:21:07 AM
Everyone that I know, seems to have forgotten the budget surplus, left behind by Bill Clinton's administration, which George W. Bush immediately gave back "to the taxpayers"(the wealthy).
People remembered in '08.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 28, 2016, 10:26:06 AM
People remembered in '08.

Obama is no Bill Clinton.  And blaming or crediting the President for everything that happens ... is naïve.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2016, 07:04:28 PM
Obama is no Bill Clinton.  And blaming or crediting the President for everything that happens ... is naïve.
SFW?
PZ Myers

stromboli

There's always a downside. I was working for the DOD when Clinton was balancing the budget. He did a lot of that by downsizing the military. You don't downsize the military by getting rid of the dead weight of bloated senior officers at command level, you get rid of senior noncoms that actually run the fucking services. I had a Staff Sergeant friend that got out on a buyoff from the Air Force. This guy was a Warthog mechanic and a crew chief. You don't rubber stamp guys like him from basic training. We're talking 12 years and 2 tours in Saudi for Desert Storm. Crew Chiefs are valuable guys.

Clinton's election just happened to coincide with a break in the action war footing wise. It was a perfect opportunity and he took it, plain and simple.

This is what happens when you have never been in the military and you tell senior officers to reach a goal and then walk away. So we kept all the generals porking their secretaries in the Pentagon and fired the dudes that stood in the sandstorms of Saudi Arabia fixing Warthogs and F-16s. That's how she rolls, bro.

Gawdzilla Sama

Who made the call on what personnel would be leaving? POTUS or the brass asses in the five-sided puzzle box?
PZ Myers

Baruch

You don't understand bureaucracy.  You can't handle the truth if you did.

I have been a military associate for most of my adult life.  A few years ago, the USAF wasted 2 billion on two software programs that they needed ... programs got cancelled, nothing much was saved from the debacles, and nobody was fired.  The responsible senior parties, Colonel and above ... they got quiet retirement offers, no punishment (they were eligible for retirement, or they wouldn't have senior positions).

DoD is a big pyramid.  The senior officer in the personnel office consults his spreadsheet, recalculates a 10% reduction in outlay, they calls up his subordinate ... "Riff some folks".  And that passes down the chain, until they have riffed some junior officers and junior NCOs who don't have anyone to delegate to ... end of rope folks can't pass the buck.  If they riff senior officers or senior NCOs ... that is a mistake, by idiots.  But there are idiots in every organization.  Military riffs two ways ... they won't let you re-enlist, or they make the promotion ladder more competitive, and you get kicked out for not being promoted on schedule.  Of course if you can save a few friends and relatives from the riff, you do that too.  There is constant jockeying for status and bullets (accomplishments real or imagined), and the limbo bar for favoritism, nepotism, cronyism is relatively easy (provided you don't directly supervise the beneficiary).  Spouses (now both straight and gay) often get special treatment so that they can serve near each other.  Access to job openings is both public and private ... so that you can hire your friends before anyone else has a shot at it.  On the civilian side, entire families are hired in, spouses, children etc.  But people frequently drop out or are kicked out too.  It is the big senior screw-ups who don't get axed.  It takes an exceptional general, like George Marshall in 1941, to overcome inertia and seniority.  If he hadn't, the US would never know who Eisenhower was.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 30, 2016, 08:55:49 AM
I'm a retired Chief Petty Officer.

Good for you.  Hope you are prepared when the people in charge, end the volunteer military and cancel the existing and future military pensions.  A draft of penniless poor people is coming, and they will get what my dad got in the Navy ... $40 per month.  The Roman Empire had to do this, the US ... the latest Romans ... will have to do the same.  The US people will be unfit for combat, so barbarians will have to be hired, who can't be paid, except thru pillage.  The problem being, pillaging is habit forming ;-)

The primary threat in Late Rome, were Germans, who actually were pro-Roman mercenaries, who went unpaid.  You will look great in furs and a horny helmet ... achtung!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.