W is worried he could be the last republican president

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 19, 2016, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

We can only hope, but if true no individual would bear more responsibility for such an outcome than W himself.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/george-w-bush-last-republican-president/index.html
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Nah!  He'll never be the last Republican president.  At one time I would have wagered he would be the worst, but now I'm not even sure about that anymore.

Gawdzilla Sama

He won't be the last Republican President. That was his dad.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Johan

Remember there was time when the democrats were the conservative ones. He won't be the last Republican President. And assuming the eventual demise of both parties, he won't be the last conservative one.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Atheon

I hope he was the last Republican president. That's not something to worry about; it's something to celebrate should it be true.

If Trump loses, it could well be the well-deserved death knell of that party of scum and thugs.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

As Alfred E. Newman used to say in his well known campaign slogan of the 1950s, "What? Me worry?"  If the party dissolves, maybe it's just not needed anymore.  The Democrats are more than willing to accomplish Republican goals, and the Democratic strategy of continually drifting to the right has left little for the Republicans to do, but bemoan the loss of family values and unwed mothers murdering their unborn.  As Newt Gingrich recently observed when some pesky reporter interrupted Newt's coitus with his secretary, "Family and God is what matters most!"  Republican candidates have been forced to distinguish themselves by being the most outrageous, bitter, or self-righteous contenders in the lot.  Trump wins hands down.

Gawdzilla Sama

If the Silly Party were running a candidate I'd vote for him.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

It would be fitting, given the many, many sins of his administration from using the victims of 9/11 to get reelected (I remember "A vote for Kerry is a vote for Al Qaeda" bumper stickers) to his unapologetic violations of the Geneva Convention to giving the pope immunity for his role in the crimes against thousands of children to deceiving the public to get the go ahead for a private war...it's a long list of things some of which should have him in prison.
This sentence is a lie...

Flanker1Six

As much as most of my GOP associates have bitched and complained about the Obamanation (he's got quite a few darts in his ass from me too); his ascendancy to the Presidency is a direct result of the W Presidency.  I have never gotten one of them to admit it's true.  Like anything else in life; if you don't admit it exists........................you're never going to do anything to correct/change it. 

Late 2001:  We invade The Stan; kick the shit outta Taliban and Al Qaida, leave the Northern Alliance in charge in Kabul; tell the T and AQ survivors if we EVER have to come back; it will be to install glass bottom lakes in their front caves...........................and leave.  If necessary....................rinse and repeat with finality.

2002:  Iranian Agent and Iraqi National Congress honcho, Achmed Chalabi and ASD Paul Wolfowitz attempt to buzz up Rumsfeld and Cheney that if the CIA missed the run up to 9/11, what might we be missing in Iraq?  What's Saddam up to with his WMD Programs??  R & C toss the two alarmist buzz up artists out into the street; followed by Rumsfeld firing Wolfowitz for being a shill for Israeli interests.  We do not invade Iraq. 

Think Obama would ever have made President?   

Mike Cl

Quote from: widdershins on July 20, 2016, 12:23:15 PM
It would be fitting, given the many, many sins of his administration from using the victims of 9/11 to get reelected (I remember "A vote for Kerry is a vote for Al Qaeda" bumper stickers) to his unapologetic violations of the Geneva Convention to giving the pope immunity for his role in the crimes against thousands of children to deceiving the public to get the go ahead for a private war...it's a long list of things some of which should have him in prison.
^ This!!  I will be forever bitter about Bush/Cheney walking around out of prison.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 20, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
As much as most of my GOP associates have bitched and complained about the Obamanation (he's got quite a few darts in his ass from me too); his ascendancy to the Presidency is a direct result of the W Presidency.  I have never gotten one of them to admit it's true.  Like anything else in life; if you don't admit it exists........................you're never going to do anything to correct/change it. 

Late 2001:  We invade The Stan; kick the shit outta Taliban and Al Qaida, leave the Northern Alliance in charge in Kabul; tell the T and AQ survivors if we EVER have to come back; it will be to install glass bottom lakes in their front caves...........................and leave.  If necessary....................rinse and repeat with finality.

2002:  Iranian Agent and Iraqi National Congress honcho, Achmed Chalabi and ASD Paul Wolfowitz attempt to buzz up Rumsfeld and Cheney that if the CIA missed the run up to 9/11, what might we be missing in Iraq?  What's Saddam up to with his WMD Programs??  R & C toss the two alarmist buzz up artists out into the street; followed by Rumsfeld firing Wolfowitz for being a shill for Israeli interests.  We do not invade Iraq. 

Think Obama would ever have made President?
I had not thought about that quite that way, before.  You may be on to something.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 20, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
As much as most of my GOP associates have bitched and complained about the Obamanation (he's got quite a few darts in his ass from me too); his ascendancy to the Presidency is a direct result of the W Presidency.

I assumed that after W, the Democrats had 2008 sewed up.  Anyone nominated, living, dead, human, canine, or Hillary would have been elected.  It won't be as easy this time around. 

widdershins

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2016, 04:28:48 PM
I assumed that after W, the Democrats had 2008 sewed up.  Anyone nominated, living, dead, human, canine, or Hillary would have been elected.  It won't be as easy this time around. 
But man, how quickly Republicans have forgotten that.  They talk about him now like he was the greatest thing since Reagan.
This sentence is a lie...