Steve King Kumbayas Minorities--or NOT!

Started by Flanker1Six, July 19, 2016, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

DDOOHH!!!   That's not what I meant!   

You just can't make shit like this up.  First, the GOP allows an ego maniacal, narcissistic, decades long liberal democrat to participate in their primaries.  Then they all lose to him; despite his incessant string of inflammatory and/or derogatory comments about fill in the blank group, and his uncontrollable habit of making shit up as he goes (aka lying like a rug).  All that despite the fact the last two Presidential Elections proved beyond all doubt they need to peel off significant numbers of female, black, Hispanic, & LGBT voters from the Democrats; by being more inclusive and less reactionary.   

Along comes Steve King; doing his best to help mend fences!   LOL! 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-steve-king-clarifies-remarks-white-people-civilization/story?id=40687050&yptr=yahoo

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Yeah like the Roman army conquering vast tracts of land or the Catholic church subsuming all of Europe with its backward religion. Or the English empire turning half of China into Opium addicts. Damn white of em'.

drunkenshoe

For a moment, seeing the title, I thought you were talking about the writer Stephen King, :lol: I didn't know who he was. I looked him up

Here are some gems from him:

Global warming is a religion.

QuoteGlobal warming
King dismissed the concern over global warming, labeling it a "religion" and claiming efforts to address climate change are useless.[79][80] A day after claiming that climate change was more "a religion than a science," Steve King reasserted that many scientists overreact when discussing the consequences of global warming.[81] King said that, "Everything that might result from a warmer planet is always bad in [environmentalists'] analysis. There will be more photosynthesis going on if the Earth gets warmer. ... And if sea levels go up 4 or 6 inches, I don't know if we'd know that. We don't know where sea level is even, let alone be able to say that it's going to come up an inch globally because some polar ice caps might melt because there's CO2 suspended in the atmosphere."[82]

What would happen if Obama gets elected?

QuoteOn March 7, 2008, during his press engagements to announce his reelection campaign, King made remarks about U.S. senator and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his middle name "Hussein", saying:

I don't want to disparage anyone because of their race, their ethnicity, their nameâ€"whatever their religion their father might have been, I'll just say this: When you think about the optics of a Barack Obama potentially getting elected President of the United States â€" I mean, what does this look like to the rest of the world? What does it look like to the world of Islam? I will tell you that, if he is elected president, then the radical Islamists, the al-Qaida, the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11.[71]

White male victimhood. He probably means the white race by the white men though.

QuoteAffirmative action
King opposes affirmative action. King has stated: “There’s been legislation that’s been brought through this House that sets aside benefits for women and minorities. The only people that it excludes are white men...Pretty soon, white men are going to notice they are the ones being excluded.”[74]

Forget the others, they fit the usual one frame of mind or politics. What is this? "Don't help people! Why the hell are you wasting money helping survivors of a natural catastrophie"?!

QuoteHurricane Katrina aid
King gained prominence by being one of 11 in Congress to vote against the $52 billion Hurricane Katrina Aid package, claiming fiscal responsibility and the government needing a comprehensive plan for spending aid money.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Steve King"This whole white people business, though, does get a little tired. … I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you are talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"
The Chinese.  My first pick would've been the Sumerians, because writing is so foundation to so many other technologies, but yeah, China dominates that list from the 5th century BC to the 15th century AD.  Sure, in modern history, Europe is far and away the victor.  But overall, China's my pick.

I wish there was some sort of bat signal for Jared Diamond.  Because this is his area of expertise.  He'd let Steve know exactly how Europe pulled ahead.  And spoiler alert, it's more about geography than innate awesomeness.  The fact that a lot of Europeans are white (of varying shades) has nothing to do it.

drunkenshoe

The first thing is that development of humanity is not a linear line of development. We don't know by whom or how many times the many crucial components that boosted the civilisation we know today were invented.

Second thing is that how that contribution turns into knowledge. It's never been simple in ancient times like it has happened after the 18th century. Who first thought of it, who first did it and who used it, who wrote it down...etc messy business.

The most important element of architecture; arch. Nobody knows who thought to build something like that. There isn't even a real guess. But it is not white western needlessly to say or even ancient western.

This rat race is very often anachronistic and only proves distorted perspective of general history, one's own need of supporting his football team. It's pretty much like the Japanese poster coming here and trying to convince us why Asians are a superior race. Pfffft.

The logic of national history is fucked up. And this is the result of it.  This man highly likley thinks printing press, paper, the whole number system we use now, compass, gunpowder, arch...etc were invented by white westerners because that's what he learned in school.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Oh I just thought may be the reason in root that there are tons of white westerners who think monuments like Pyramids must have been built by aliens is related to the idea that not being able to think that nonwhite people could accomplish something like this, esp. in ancient times. Because if I am not mistaken, that whole idea is Western. (Die Erich von Daniken, die.)

I mean most of the people in the world already ignorantly think that ancient people were 'stupid' -loool- and the general culture and hundreds, thousands years of propaganda of the white civilisation in power, 'national history' has been thaught around is more than enough to create a completely different sense of 'history' esp. when people lack any bit of it.

Forget scientific or technological contribution, most of the young Westerners -From EU to US- don't have any idea of the bloody violent struggle of hunderds of years their civilisation has gone through to reach the societies of secularism, individualism, not even the rights they take for granted every day and almost percieve it that it has always been like this. An overhwhelming amount of people in the West think Renaissance is the 'period' of beginning of modernity and secularisation ffs. :/

AllPurposeAtheist

When discussing the issue of race in the context of accomplishments or non accomplishments what is typically left out of the conversation is rational thought and brutality. Europeans along the way of development and conquest were not all that shy about using brutality and still aren't. Let's forget for a moment that most white Americans seem to forget their lineage or where their ancestors came from. They tend to believe that Christopher Columbus discovered America and there were just a handful of savages running loose not doing anything other than just surviving just waiting for the savoir to come and bring them the Apple iPhone or something. AS IF no civilization even existed with any level of decency.
They forget that just something so mundane as Arabic numbers didn't originate from the great capitals of Europe or the economic super power of the day was China. That stuff is left out of history lessons for kids so they grow up learning a whole lot of lies.
Most of us probably grew up believing in the cowboys and Indian myths and very few school children are ever taught about their own nation's history of genocide and extreme exploitation and what are the odds some politician on a Sunday talk show bringing up the true history of a nation? Not very good. What you will hear is the boiler plate tripe of 'we're the greatest nation on earth' and we and we alone deserve anything good and anyone getting the short end of the stick always gets what's coming to them  and blah blah blah. You'll never hear that we're assholes and have always been assholes and will always be assholes because, well..it just doesn't sell well on prime time television.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Two more points ...

White superiority is like elite superiority ... everything was the result of kings and capitalists ... the commoners and workers had nothing to do with it.  The kings and capitalists are White, so ergo all accomplishment since ancient Greece was White.

Anybody remember the TV show Connections?  Watch some on YouTube ... and see how convoluted and accidental modern invention is.  Or watch the program on the evil relationship between Thomas Edison and J P Morgan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 23, 2016, 03:47:48 AM
For a moment, seeing the title, I thought you were talking about the writer Stephen King, :lol: I didn't know who he was. I looked him up

Here are some gems from him:

Global warming is a religion.

What would happen if Obama gets elected?

White male victimhood. He probably means the white race by the white men though.

Forget the others, they fit the usual one frame of mind or politics. What is this? "Don't help people! Why the hell are you wasting money helping survivors of a natural catastrophie"?!

LOL!  Is it too late to claim I meant Stephen?   

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 23, 2016, 11:41:50 PM
LOL!  Is it too late to claim I meant Stephen?

Well, he is one of the biggest horror-fantasy writers in the world. It fits. But this is real, so it is the real horror. :lol:

AllPurposeAtheist

I repeat... You'll never hear that we're assholes and have always been assholes and will always be assholes because, well..it just doesn't sell well on prime time television.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.