News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Guten Abend

Started by Kraut and Tea, July 16, 2016, 07:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraut and Tea

Hello there.

I am an atheist/skeptic youtuber who is closing in on 40k suscribers. Link to channel here:

I have in recent weeks encounterd a few problems, which is that i am unable to have closer conversations with my suscribers as my channel grows and that many of them would really like to have those conversations. I do not want to deny them that opertunity.

I would like to politely ask you if you may allow me to register on this platform and advertise for it on my youtube channel, to tell suscribers to come here for more nuanced conversations?

PickelledEggs

Hi @Kraut and Tea. I personally appreciate that you would put our name out there through your channel, but unfortunately we have a strict policy of personal links when a user is under a certain amount of posts. I will have to ask you to understand that and why I had to edit your youtube video out of your comment.

I do encourage you to stick around and participate in conversation with us, though. After the designated post count and time frame, you are more than welcome to post your links, within reason, of course.

Hydra009

Is this the Kraut of Drunken Peasants fame?

PickelledEggs

Not sure. I watched a few of the videos though. The onision one had me laughing pretty hard. Don't know how factual it was, mostly burns, but it was hilarious, imo.

Kraut and Tea

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 16, 2016, 03:44:58 PM
Hi @Kraut and Tea. I personally appreciate that you would put our name out there through your channel, but unfortunately we have a strict policy of personal links when a user is under a certain amount of posts.

I most definatly understand that and have no intention of breaking the rules. I will stick arround and post until I have your permission to post videos from my channel.

What I intend to do is open a thread here everytime I make a video and post a link to the thread in the description of my video, so people can come here and debate with me directly.

QuoteI will have to ask you to understand that and why I had to edit your youtube video out of your comment.

No problem at all.

QuoteI do encourage you to stick around and participate in conversation with us, though. After the designated post count and time frame, you are more than welcome to post your links, within reason, of course.

Certainly. I need to find out more about this place anyway.

Kraut and Tea

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 16, 2016, 07:09:04 PM
Not sure. I watched a few of the videos though. The onision one had me laughing pretty hard. Don't know how factual it was, mostly burns, but it was hilarious, imo.

Yes it is me.

Hello there.

Hydra009

Quote from: Kraut and Tea on July 17, 2016, 06:28:16 AM
Yes it is me.

Hello there.

First off, welcome!

I really respect how you hashed things out on DP.  It takes a lot of guts to argue with a big youtuber and his pals on his own show.  And for what it's worth, I mostly agree with you in that exchange (though I wouldn't recommend closing the borders, only vetting immigrants stringently and give any troublemakers the boot).  But I gotta ask, how do you fix it?  What's the final solution for radical Islam?  Huh?  Huh?!  Huh???!!!

Also, I have absolutely no idea what Paul's Ego was talking about when he talked about Mexicans sheltering Mexican terrorists.  Ben rephrased it to cartel members and gang members, which may be a bit more accurate.

And finally, where's the Eiffel Tower in Berlin?  It's probably next to the Parthenon, right?

Quote from: Kraut and Tea on July 17, 2016, 06:27:38 AMI most definatly understand that and have no intention of breaking the rules. I will stick arround and post until I have your permission to post videos from my channel.
We used to have a formal rule that new people had to have at least 10 posts before they could post links because people would show up purely to sell some handbags.  But they'd just post periods to get around the 10 post limit.  So, not the most effective deterrent in the world.

Personally, I'd say 50 posts and it's obvious that you're here to have discussions and not just solicit.  If time and interest permits, I'd love for you to stick around beyond the time when the mods are okay with you posting a link to your youtube channels.  We discuss a lot of the same topics you make videos about and we might benefit from a more European perspective - Brexit, the EU, muslim immigration, Ukraine, SJWs, etc.

Also, it's not terribly uncommon for the few youtubers we have here to post their latest video and get feedback from us directly instead of through youtube comments.  An online forum can support a more reflective and sustained discussion than a comments section, which is typically short and off-the-cuff.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Kraut and Tea on July 17, 2016, 06:27:38 AM
I most definatly understand that and have no intention of breaking the rules. I will stick arround and post until I have your permission to post videos from my channel.

What I intend to do is open a thread here everytime I make a video and post a link to the thread in the description of my video, so people can come here and debate with me directly.

No problem at all.

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate it.

Hope you enjoy your stay in our little corner of the internet.

And yeah. Like @Hydra009 said. Around 50, but of course some people are't as frequent posters as others. Our main admin barely posts here at all and just lurks, for instance. I would just ask that you stick around after you start posting your videos and take part in conversation.

On that note. Again. Welcome

Flanker1Six

Willkommen; verleihen jeder geld nicht! LOL!

wolf39us

Quote from: Kraut and Tea on July 16, 2016, 07:30:41 AM
Hello there.

I am an atheist/skeptic youtuber who is closing in on 40k suscribers. Link to channel here:

I have in recent weeks encounterd a few problems, which is that i am unable to have closer conversations with my suscribers as my channel grows and that many of them would really like to have those conversations. I do not want to deny them that opertunity.

I would like to politely ask you if you may allow me to register on this platform and advertise for it on my youtube channel, to tell suscribers to come here for more nuanced conversations?

Welcome!

It's nice to see our forum has made it across your channel.  You are more than welcome to bring your people here for debate.  We just want to make sure that you will be a productive member is all.  The rule for link posting is generally to keep people from posting ads here.

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 17, 2016, 01:34:09 PM
Thanks, buddy. I appreciate it.

Hope you enjoy your stay in our little corner of the internet.

And yeah. Like @Hydra009 said. Around 50, but of course some people are't as frequent posters as others. Our main admin barely posts here at all and just lurks, for instance. I would just ask that you stick around after you start posting your videos and take part in conversation.

On that note. Again. Welcome

I'm always lurking :-)

Jason78

Quote from: Kraut and Tea on July 17, 2016, 06:27:38 AM

You'll like it here.  We even have a funny pictures thread.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jason78 on July 18, 2016, 01:03:28 PM
You'll like it here.  We even have a funny pictures thread.
Don't forget the crap and fart thread.

Hydra009

If it were possible to selectively remove memories, I'd love to start with the Crap and Fart thread and then work my way up to celebrity news, politics, and Jason Friedberg movies.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 18, 2016, 01:22:18 PM
If it were possible to selectively remove memories, I'd love to start with the Crap and Fart thread and then work my way up to celebrity news, politics, and Jason Friedberg movies.
The thread that must never die? Why????

drunkenshoe

Welcome to the forum.

I randomly clicked one of your videos (Vanilla muslim, I lasted 3 minutes though, give me some credit) it was pretty much what I expected considering a few posts of you I saw around. It's mainstream of a certain camp. Nothing new or original.

[First of all let me say that ideally I agree with you. So if you ever respond to this post, please don't come back to me with the usual, idiotic 'you are against freedom of speech' or 'you are defending muslims and islam' bullshit.]

Bluntly put, it seems like you have a difficulty in distinguishing real life from vlogging about ideals of freedom of speech and what you personally feel about certain events like the 99 % pf the vloggers in your camp do. And you sound pretty much like the young SJW girls demanding the reality to conform their desired safe places, privilages...etc. See, this just doesn't happen because it is somebody's 'ideals' or the thing that 'should' happen.

You may not like it, I certainly hate it, but the young man in the video is telling the truth. And his example has nothing to do with islamic scripture or islamic way of thinking. He is not defending the violent murderous actions of islamist extremists.

He is simply saying, if you act in a certain way under certain circumstances, the consequences will not conform your expectations just because you believe they MUST in the name of some principle. Because that's what freedom of speech is. An ideal principle. It's sold and bought, manipulated all the time. Of course Europe as a whole has a better standing than most places, but that's it. Compared to the ME and the US that is.

And while you are lashing out to the other vlogger with pointing out that his feelings do not dictate what may or may not be said -while he nowhere dictates what to be said- your feelings seem to be in charge against someone making an explanation of something according to his opinion shared by a lot of people out of his religion and community.

There are lost of places an Englishman is not safe to go around with or without practising his freedom of speech in Scotland, because he is freaking English. Same goes with Turks in Germany. Katalans in spain. Kurds in Turkey. A lot of people in a ot of areas.

Political correctness was rampant and has been for a long time in your culture before islamist extremism was a threat and actually political correctness is one of the first reasons what Europe is going through right now. You think this violence has something directly to do with freedom of speech...Pffft. Superficial, simplistic evaluation, emotional reaction.

See, this why almost all vlogs and vloggers pouring bullshit out there in the net and producing nothing. Because this is actually more about the individual who makes the vlog than pointing out some real issues.

While it is a good thing that people express their opinions freely for and against something, all that is being done is making emotionally charged, angry 10 mins videos on why I am pissed off, they are all faaaar away from real life.

That's called living in an Ivory Tower.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp