Military Coup Attempt in Turkey

Started by drunkenshoe, July 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 15, 2016, 06:12:05 PM
I can't see how is it successful. Though it is declared from the state channel. I have no idea.

The street the feed shows is a very central street in Istanbul. Vatan Street. Not from capital.

I have no idea what is going on. Army withdrew of course. What are they going to do? Fire at civilians?!

woah seems like shots are being fired in one of the blocked bridges, you can see some of the riled up crowds dropping to the floor and running away. Dunno if the military is shooting at the people or towards the air to scare them.

drunkenshoe

My connection got very slow. Though I think it is q fucking miracle we still have the net, it doesn't load.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

Dammit, the shooting has started.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Munch

Quote from: Nonsensei on July 15, 2016, 06:21:51 PM
Dammit, the shooting has started.

it might be none violent, just used to control crowds
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

baronvonrort

Erdogan has been purging the Kemalists from the military, perhaps they have had enough of his bullshit.

That dog Erdogan should be tried by the ICC
www.kurdishdailynews.org/2016/07/07/pyd-leader-the-us-and-russia-have-enough-documents-to-bring-erdogan-to-icc

The founder and leader of the PKK Mr Abdullah Ocalan is an atheist

drunkenshoe

From the beginning there is this idea that this is a staged coup attempt by government to guarantee the presidency system.

That looks more realistic to me, because I can't wrap my head around a real military coup in the country.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 15, 2016, 06:32:17 PM
Erdogan has been purging the Kemalists from the military, perhaps they have had enough of his bullshit.

That dog Erdogan should be tried by the ICC
www.kurdishdailynews.org/2016/07/07/pyd-leader-the-us-and-russia-have-enough-documents-to-bring-erdogan-to-icc

The founder and leader of the PKK Mr Abdullah Ocalan is an atheist

He seems to have plenty of people in his side willing to fight rabidly though. Not good.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GrinningYMIR

If erodgan is faking it to gain power, it's like when the Nazis burned the Reichstag
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mauricio

pro erdogan crowds trying to rush the blocked bridge got shot at i saw various wounded people being carried away.

drunkenshoe

It's just a thought. I have no idea. But the last time the prime minister was on he said "they weren't successful"... then he went with..."they won't be successful".

drunkenshoe

Quote from: mauricio on July 15, 2016, 07:09:03 PM
pro erdogan crowds trying to rush the blocked bridge got shot at i saw various wounded people being carried away.

Yes, thank for the link.

GrinningYMIR

It's too clean. Why haven't they caught erodgan?
They're shooting civilians?
It's all working for him not against them
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

mauricio

Turkish fighter jet downs military helicopter over Ankara - NTV

ISTANBUL - A Turkish F-16 fighter jet shot down a military helicopter being used by a faction within the army attempting a coup over the capital Ankara early on Saturday, broadcaster NTV said.

The state-run Anadolu agency meanwhile said 17 police officers had been killed in an attack on their offices in the city. Reuters was unable to immediately verify the report.