Military Coup Attempt in Turkey

Started by drunkenshoe, July 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

The government is calling people to streets against the coup and the army says stay down state of emergency.

It's horrible. what are they going to do? Bring army and people face to face?

I will stay at home of course. I'm not in the city anyway.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I don't think this is going to go anywhere. I am just scared what will happen afterwards.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

just stay safe okay? Stay safe, stay inside and just keep talking. It's going to be okay. Just keep talking.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 15, 2016, 05:44:07 PM
The government is calling people to streets against the coup and the army says stay down state of emergency.

It's horrible. what are they going to do? Bring army and people face to face?

I will stay at home of course. I'm not in the city anyway.

From everything I've seen, his demand for the people to take to the streets in protest has been largely ignored.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Munch

Quote from: Nonsensei on July 15, 2016, 05:47:37 PM
From everything I've seen, his demand for the people to take to the streets in protest has been largely ignored.

making him show his true colors
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nonsensei

live feed just cut off...

Edit: never mind

Mermaid

Shit. I am so glad you checked in. I can't even fathom the fear and anxiety you must be feeling.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

mauricio

some of the people are actually listening to erdogan and jumping over tanks and messing with the military
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

mauricio

that guy from NTA is getting live feeds from people on the streets using periscope,useful compliment for the bigger news outlets live feeds if you ignore the memes.

Mermaid

It looks like the coup is successful? According to Reuters, the president has already beat feet to Germany to seek asylum.

What a world.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/turkey-military-coup-istanbul-ataturk-airport-shut-down-pm-claims-president-erdogan-still-in-charge-166574/
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

mauricio

Quote from: Mermaid on July 15, 2016, 06:04:32 PM
It looks like the coup is successful? According to Reuters, the president has already beat feet to Germany to seek asylum.

What a world.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/turkey-military-coup-istanbul-ataturk-airport-shut-down-pm-claims-president-erdogan-still-in-charge-166574/

funny cause the pro erdogan people are getting all riled up and some seem to be celebrating since they seem to be taking over the Istanbul (or is it ankara?) central plaza without much military resistance. But erdogan seems to be hiding and running. Really difficult to understand what is truly going on.

Nonsensei

Quote from: mauricio on July 15, 2016, 06:06:55 PM
funny cause the pro erdogan people are getting all riled up and some seem to be celebrating since they seem to be taking over the Istanbul (or is it ankara?) central plaza without much military resistance. But erdogan seems to be hiding and running. Really difficult to understand what is truly going on.

I hope someone wins very quickly. If this drags on people are doing to die. Lots of them.

drunkenshoe

I can't see how it is successful. Though it is declared from the state channel. I have no idea.

The street the feed shows is a very central street in Istanbul. Vatan Street. Not from the capital.

I have no idea what is going on. Army withdrew of course. What are they going to do? Fire at civilians?!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on July 15, 2016, 06:09:50 PM
I hope someone wins very quickly. If this drags on people are doing to die. Lots of them.

Or worse. Civil war. Well in any case that's^ what will happen.